Hi there new here

JenVi

Earning My Ears
Hi I am Jen and I am new to the boards. My DH and I have a son and he is 6 and we are trying to plan our trip for Spring Break next March. I also have 2 step sons who are 19 and they are just finishing up their Freshman year at college. They may or may not go with us not sure yet. We own a timeshare in Grand Cayman so we will more than likely exchange our week with RCI to book for WDW.

I am so excited to be planning for my little guy. He is going to be so excited when we do finally tell him.

Any great advice anyone can share would be great. I have only been to Disney once and that was in 1999.

Thanks,

Jen

10.gif

Do a search with keywords of anything you might be wondering about, such as "rides for 6 year old" or maybe a restaurant you're interested in and you can find some good threads with great advice. If you come across any threads with lots of good info. go to the top where it says thread tools, and click on "subscribe to this thread", that way you can access it anytime from your Control Panel, and you will get an e-mail when someone posts something new.
That said- I am planning second trip, first with kids and have gained lots of great advice from these boards. Some things I hear again and again- go at rope drop, back to resort around noon or one to nap or swim(if staying on property), then back at dinner time refreshed, utilize Fast Passes every chance, if there are multiple lines for a ride-go left, you can ask for ice water at Counter Service restaurants, and there are soooo much more, so if you do a search, you can find just about anything, if not, just post your own question.:thumbsup2

Hi :thumbsup2 Welcome to the DISboards,Keep reading and asking questions on these forums and you'll be amazed by the info you learned:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi Jen - welcome to the DIS. Your son is going to be a great age for his first WDW trip - young enough to still enjoy the characters but old enough to be able to do the rides too!

Have fun planning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter