Hi Newbie Here

bjayadesigns

Earning My Ears
Hi I am a single mom of 2 great kids ages 7 and 4. i would like to take my kids to Disney for the first time this summer! any advice?

I think a Disney trip is the easiest trip for a single parent to make. I took mine 5 years ago for the 1st time as a single parent and we've been every year since.

The All-Star resorts are where we stay. The busses can get crowded but they run all the time. The rooms are not fancy but since we're hardly in our rooms (only to sleep) so we don't need fancy. I try to hit atleast one character meal each trip and its the only one that I get reservations for. I don't try to stick to a set plan each day. I let the kids decide what park(s) we're going to attack each day. My 12 year old son seems to get a lot of input into that area. Last trip we ended up DHS each day so he could get his RNR fix. I try to work in pool time at the end of the day. I would get rent a stroller for atleast your youngest. Save on back from carrying them when the legs get tired.

Most of all just HAVE FUN!.

We leave in 78 days for our 1st Disney Cruise then going to the world afterwards. :yay:

great this is going to be so much fun! i cant wait to take the kids i submitted a request for the free dining so im going to see how much that is hopefully it will be a good price if we cant get in on that in August im thinking late June or July. thanks for your input o i have family in Hagerstown MD :)

It's a Small World After All!!!:rotfl2:

15 of us going on this trip. We're with 3 other families. 1st Disney Cruise for all of us. I won't be the only adult this time but my kids and I have the most time in at Disney so we get to lead the way!!!

Our dates are:
July 29th at All Star Movies one night (a dip in the pool during the day and DTD in the evening)
July 30th through August 3rd on Disney Wonder
August 3rd through August 7th at Wilderness Lodge (everyone else wanted to upgrade so are we)

sounds like so much fun! i was thinking of inviting my best friend she has 4 boys and is married but kinda thought since this is the kids first time might be better to do just us what do u think?

Both of my kids 1st trips were with the whole family. It gave them somebody to share the memory with.

What are the ages of the 4 boys? Will it be their first trip?

her boys are 10, 7, 3 and 1 the kids get along very well but i worry but my daughter would be the only little girl thats y i was thinking just us

17.gif

Wow 4 boys under the age of 10 must keep your friend very busy!!! That might be a handful at Disney for the 1st time.

Which princess does your daughter like the most?

Mine likes two Airel and Mulan. My favorite is Belle!!!:lovestruc

You should look into Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (sp?) for your daughter. We've done it twice and she gets so many compliments from everybody.

Welcome to the DIS! I love to go to WDW in the summer and I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. Good luck planning and have a magical trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter