Hi i'm from P.A.!!!!

Welcome Tracey! :wizard: Wow I think we now have about 5 Tracey's on here from the Lehigh Valley & surrounding areas!

I see you're going (with the in-laws) in Nov - what dates? The PA ladies trip is tentatively scheduled for 11/1-5. We'd love to meet up with you & say hello!
We're going the week before Thanksgiving as that is when my kids have conference week so they do not miss and special tests/projects.( I do a phone conferences before we leave) Plus my in-laws want to see the xmas decor and it should be up then!:thumbsup2

Tara, believe it or not, I've never eaten at Billy's! I always say I will, but I never do! We sometimes get breakfast at Darto's on North St., near the newer parking garage. Have you ever eaten there? It's a greasy spoon, very no frills, dark inside (kind of a dive) with extremely cheap food. They are open for breakfast and lunch. I meet friends there from time to time, and you can get lunch, with a drink, for under $5. And my DH takes our boys to the Mayflower on Broad St. quite often...it's just a street down from where we live.

I'm hoping that I can pull it off to take my younger guy to WDW for a mom/son trip. Money is another issue. My DS14 is in Liberty's band, and they are probably going on a big trip next school year. Rumor has it that they are going to England again. If that's the case, we'll be saving our pennies so we can ALL go...WDW will be out of the question for a while!!

ETA: are your boys in Saucon Valley S.D.? That strike was awful for the kids! I know quite a few S.V. kids from our church, and they missed so many vacation days that our kids enjoyed. Sad!!!

OMG The Mayflower!!!!!!!!!!! HakMat & I just ate there 2 weeks ago after we completed our Give A Day Get A Day volunteering for Disney tickets!!! I've never eaten at Darto's - sounds a lot like Mayflower though! I'll be sure to try that place next time I'm in town.

Yes my kids go to Saucon Valley - and yes they were in school the week between Christmas & New Years to make up strike days! They better not give me any flack for pulling them out for Disney. They'll only miss 3 days, we're just going for a long weekend, Wednesday night through Monday. 4 weeks from today I'll be picking them up at school right this very minute & heading to ABE!

Hi. I have no idea how I have missed this thread in 8+ years on these boards.

My name is Kelly and I am in Reading, PA...well actually I live in Muhlenberg Township and work in Wyomissing, but close enough. Can't wait to get to know everyone!

LOL. I just realized I have been to this thread before, but my posts are many moons ago. It pops up all the time in my subscribed threads. I should remember to actually READ it when it does that! ;) I live over in Coplay, but I really live in North Whitehall (Parkland SD). I just started working at Just Born over in Bethlehem this week! So, I'm over here near a lot of you ladies. Thanks for the reminder about this thread, Tara!

puffkin - I think I've chatted with you before - we both sell TS, correct? I'm thinking we were talking about that at one time.

Princess Always (Linda) is in Wyomissing - a bunch of us just met at her place there 3 weeks ago for a DIS meet! I'm not from the Reading area but I did get married at The Inn At Reading many moons ago. I'll say it again, small world! :hippie:

Hey puffkin - another DIS old-timer with lots of posts & NO TAGS!!! That's us!

puffkin - I think I've chatted with you before - we both sell TS, correct? I'm thinking we were talking about that at one time.

Princess Always (Linda) is in Wyomissing - a bunch of us just met at her place there 3 weeks ago for a DIS meet! I'm not from the Reading area but I did get married at The Inn At Reading many moons ago. I'll say it again, small world! :hippie:

Hey puffkin - another DIS old-timer with lots of posts & NO TAGS!!! That's us!

LOL...I don't think I'll every get a tag. I don't know what I will do if I ever do get one....probably start screaming and scare my coworkers half to death :rotfl: They just wouldn't understand :lmao:

Tara, yes I did used to sell TS. I don't anymore due to time constraits with my FT job, but I do miss it a little. It just didn't pay enough for me to give up my regular job and my DS got older and more involved in activities. Maybe I'll go back to it someday.....Anyway, I literally work across the street from the Inn at Reading....my window looks at their parking lot. Too funny!

I'd love to go to an "I'm not just a Mom, but a crazy for Disney mom" dismeet-lol!

That's so funny because all of our DH's are like "you girls are CRAZY!" This thread did have a picnic planned last spring but it just fell through between the weather & everyone's schedules. Once spring is here I think we should plan one again! I know a few of us discussed going to the Philadelphia Premium Outlets on Rt 422 next week - is that an option for anyone?

Sometimes this thread is dead for weeks - not a single post- and then it comes back to life & we fill pages & pages in a day!

I've met a few people from The DIS at work at Yankee Candle - they've popped in to say hi when they were out shopping at The Promenade. By the way Jessamy - haven't seen you in awhile - stop in! You too Tracie!

Puffkin where exactly do you work across from Inn at Reading? Princess always and I work for local eye doctors. It is neat to see people who live near to us. I used to live in West Lawn and now live in Temple. It has been awhile since I posted here and then my computer was down.

WOW!!!! Look at all the new peeps!!! :yay:
Puffkin...it sounds like we are very close to each other!! Tiggerfan4me & myself work in an office near the Berkshire Mall.

I'd love to go to an "I'm not just a Mom, but a crazy for Disney mom" dismeet-lol!

Now that sounds like a plan!!! :thumbsup2

Puffkin where exactly do you work across from Inn at Reading? Princess always and I work for local eye doctors. It is neat to see people who live near to us. I used to live in West Lawn and now live in Temple. It has been awhile since I posted here and then my computer was down.

Puffkin...it sounds like we are very close to each other!! Tiggerfan4me & myself work in an office near the Berkshire Mall.

I work for a document solutions (copier) place. Right across the street from the convenience store next to the Inn at Reading. I am considered a temp here so I am currently looking for something else. Had a second interview yesterday at BTI so fingers crossed!

Tiggerfan4me, wow we are really close if you live in Temple. Which section? I live in the Rivers Edge development (you can see my neighborhood off of the Road to Nowhere).

Hi everyone! I think I posted here before a loooong time ago! Tara if you sell TS you must know my sister(maybe)she is from Bethlehem Twsp. Marcy, I have 2 DS's in Liberty's Band! England next year possibly? I agree I will start saving for that now(although one graduates, I have another coming in!) And labdogs I could walk to your job in 5 mins! That little park across the street from your job is where my kids go sledding! Looks like that may be a possibility today, where the heck did this snow come from?! I agree this is a small world! So many Dis addicts in this area!:cool1:

Popping in to join the fun!!!!!

I live in Hellertown!!!

Hi Starann - I've met you before too!!!!

I don't know a Marcy in Beth Twsp that sells TS - but there are LOTS of TS reps in this area. My team is based out of Allentown actually.

Yes anyway where did that ice come from? Took me 30 min. to take my son to middle school this morning & I can usually get there in under 5 min. It was a sheet of ice & traffic was at a standstill. I live off of Flint Hill Rd if anyone knows where that is & when I was coming home there were several cars coming down BACKWARDS & SIDEWAYS! It was really bad!

We're going the week before Thanksgiving as that is when my kids have conference week so they do not miss and special tests/projects.( I do a phone conferences before we leave) Plus my in-laws want to see the xmas decor and it should be up then!:thumbsup2

A friend of mine and I were down last year the weekend before Thanksgiving. We came home the Sunday before T-giving. The parks were empty. We walked on Toy Story Mania about 3 times. It was awesome. Make sure you check out the decorations at the resorts. They may not all be up. I know we ate at Wilderness Lodge. the first day we were there, there was furniture missing from the lobby. The next day.....the tree appeared. It was breathtaking.
Tara, I see you are going for ESPN weekend. You will have to let me know how it is. My kids went with the outlaws last year. We are skipping it this year.

Now that sounds like a plan!!! :thumbsup2
If you pm that you'd like to meet also give me your location! Once were up to say 10 moms we can figure out what is in the middle of where we all live that we could meet at!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter