Hi, & hoping for complaint help.... pre- going :(

Rockinhippy

Earning My Ears
I think I might of posted this already in the wrong forum....sorry:confused3 I hope its okay to post here too, new here, so not sure how this works yet:confused3 .........I c&p my original post......appologise for repeating myself

Hi,

I'm new, & discovered this forum whilst googling for complaints info on DLPUK, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on who to complain to, as so far, the DLP admin e-addy I have been given, don't even have the decency to reply ................. not filling me with much confidence, as we've not even had our Disneyland Paris trip yet, & having to complain, & been so far ignored

Trip is a treat for my Daughters 7th Birthday, & we are meant to be taking her friend too, though thats not looking so good due to the c" up they made

my complaint is 2 part,
1, they sent us wrong tickets, which took several calls from me to finally get correct ones, despite them realising & ringing me, just as I opened envelope.......my Daughters friend doesn't have a UK passport, & needed her ticket to get a Visa, they were told this on booking, & we were promised prompt delivery of tickets...which didn't happen, & then set wrong ones......this meant her family missed her visa appointment, & now can only hope for a cancellation, so we ar not now sure if she will get a visa in time to travel

Secondly, I rang & booked the Character Birthday party on Monday.....received an updated booking notification..........also now telling me that the Hotel (sequioa Lodge) pool is to be closed whilst we are there .............my Daugther choose this Hotel because of the pool, & has even chosen her swim wear, she loves water, & this is a big deal to her...also I have health problem, & looking on the website, realise closed pool, means closed Sauna too, I always book hotels with Sauna when away, as a morning Sauna helps my disability a lot, & means I can do a lot more.............we only booked at the end of July, & were told none of this........ on ringing to complain I was offered an alternative Hotel,,,,,,,at an extra cost................ very cross about that why should I have to pay more, when they are not fulfilling there part of the bargin, in providing the facilities I booked...........had I not booked the Birthday party, we would not of known until we arrive

Does anyone know where/who I can complain, that will get a response??

Thanks

& other than that, this looks like a great site for info on planning our stay there..
Rockinhippy is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Welcome Rockinhippy
Just moved this across to DLP board, you should get a better response here.:goodvibes

Its annoying & I do hope you get somewhere. I'm a little confused as to why you DD friend will need a Visa? do you mean an appointment to get a passport as if they are EU citizens then no visa is required.

Also are you on about transport tickets as you don't normally get sent any others in the post, whilst you booked through Disney it is down to the carrier to issue them & many don't do that until closer to travel.

Regarding the pool, closures are subject to no prior notice. I think there is a reason they are closing it now. As earlier it only had the other date stated for closure. Having said that the pools do not open until 3pm-10pm & I think that will include all the services such as sauna etc.

It does take a while for them to respond, so hang in there. Failing that you may have to give them a call.

Did you book direct with Disney online or by phone or did you use a travel agent?

There seem to be a few guests having problems with pool closures and I can completely understand why this is going to be a problem to you. My own little boy is disabled and I can see where youre coming from.

If you've booked through a travel agent go back to them. I would seriously rely heavily on the fact that you booked that hotel specifically because of the pool and sauna facilities. Now obviously, they are not going to change the closure of the pool, but they may give you some kind of compensation or allow you to upgrade. Unfortunatley, it is in the booking conditions that some facilities may not be available all of the time, and there is nothing that you can do, they have you over a barrel.

In saying that, how they deal with your complaint very much depends on who you get to speak to/e-mail and what mood they are in. My advice would be to be conciliatory, be polite, emphasise the fact that you are disabled, you were so much looking forward to the sauna (pain is helped by the heat etc etc) and the pool has its own theraputic benefits. GET THEM ON SIDE ;)

Ask if there is another option open to you because you feel the loss of these facilities are really going to have a detrimental effect on your holiday- appeal for their HELP and see what they say.

We had one lady who was offered a free character dinner because of the pool closure, you may be offered a similar thing, but I would say to you to keep stating the fact that the loss of those specific facilities are really going to affect you because of your condition.

I was a travel agent for many years, I was very ruthless with tour operators, and if I were yours, I would insist on a free or at the least very substantially reduced upgrade to the next hotel category.

I think its pretty bad of Disney to not provide what people have booked. If you were going to a hotel in the med and the pool was closed, that is a major thing and you would be upgraded/compensated appropriatley.
The fact that its in the booking conditions means they have carte blanche to do as they please and legally, you havent a leg to stand on, but I feel strongly that something like the closure of one of the main hotel facilities should not simply be "tough luck"

Stick to your guns, be firm but extremely polite and see what they say.

Best of luck- do keep us posted.

i really hope they do something for you. if i had paid to stay in a hotel with a pool i would be upset if it was closed and i wasnt even informed.

I THINK the reason many dont get replies is because it ends up in the spam folder.

I emailed them and got a read report, in the subject it said SUSPECTED SPAM

Hi

I went in person to my travel agents (TC) to ask if the rumour that the pool was closing was correct. I have two boys with autism and specifically picked the Sequoia Lodge for the pool as swimming is very calming for them and also it was an alternative if the parks get too much for them (first time visit).

TC hadn't been informed about the pool closure and were suitably cross on my behalf, they rang their head office to complain that they hadn't been informed and as a result we were moved to the Hotel New York.

Hi Rockinhippy. Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

JLP :)
RESULT!

Exactly what should have happened. I am glad you have a decent travel agent who did the job they were supposed to do.

Great news!

Lets hope Rockinhippy gets new like this :cool1:

JLP :)
RESULT!

Exactly what should have happened. I am glad you have a decent travel agent who did the job they were supposed to do.

Great news!

Lets hope Rockinhippy gets new like this :cool1:

I hope so! I didn't even go in with my complaining / cross head on, just wanted to know if the pool was really shut!

I hope so! I didn't even go in with my complaining / cross head on, just wanted to know if the pool was really shut!

Yes, but thats the best way to "complain".. dont complain :)
Attitude is everything!

Hope you have a fantastic time :cool1:

Thanks for the links & info everyone, much apreciated, excuse me not answering questions directly, not slept well so I'm a bit brain dead today, & can't suss out the quote button on here.........

to the person who asked, no my Daughters friend doesn't have a UK passport, she has an Indian one, hence why the visa is needed, seems French immigration are very strict, though thankfully she did get an appointment for today, though I spoke with her Mum a little while ago, & shes having to go back again with a marriage certificate......... I thought that went out with the Arc :confused3 but apparently without one, they won't issue a Visa ...........good job they are actually married & hopefully its not to late for them to process it, as apparently it can take a while........& yes it was train tickets that are needed, again, without proof of RETURN travel, they won't issue a visa.......... I feel guilty for the amount of extra stress, & trips up to London they are having to make.............makes you realise how lucky we are with our UK passports:love:

The e-mail address above is the same one I emailed last week, & thanks for the tips, but yes, I have already written a polite e-mail hoping to get them on side etc, & explaining need for Sauna etc been down to my been disabled........though its a week now & still no reply, :sad1:.....though thanks for the spam tip, :idea: it might be worthwhile sending it again after reading that, as so far, I've not even had an acknowledgment of receipt

& yes I did book directly with DLPUK, found it on the internet, but ended up booking over the phone, as the site was playing up when i tried to book online, & speaking with them, they agree its wrong I should have to pay for an upgrade, as its not my fault, but they can't authorise any upgrade, only via the e-mail.address the girl gave me, which is the same as above.......lets just hope I get a reply before we actually go......though I'm still not certain if changing hotels will effect our Daughters friends visa, as we had to give her Mum proof of her accomadation for the embassy too:confused3.............fingers crossed I hear back soon

hope I've covered everything:upsidedow

& thanks for the very warm welcomes:thumbsup2

X
Lyn

I would send the e-mail again, i contacted them last week about some issues and they finally got back to me today.

Well, just as I sent my complaint letter again, I received the following reply, to say I am gobsmacked by the poor English content of the letter, let alone poor service, .............they are wrong about everything they say about Visa requirements, I feel very upset right now:confused:

posting DLPUK reply below...........

Dear mrs Tate,

Thank you for your email .

I feel sorry that you so much of desagreement with your reservation .

Regarding the visa, you can arrange it with bringing the confirmation letter ( which you received by email and opened the 24/07/09 and the 08/09/09 ) what our customers world while always do, it enough for the ambassy to prove that you have a reservation at Disneyland Paris .

As per the pool unfortunatly we had a problem with pool which obliged us to close it earlier than it was supposed to, for the security of our customer .That ' s why we arrange with the Newport hotel for our clients to use their pool .

Otherwise exceptionaly we can propose you to update your reservation to a further date when the pool is open without any fees .

If you decide to change hotel you won' t have to send us back the train tickets . As the fact that you change your hotel won' t do anything on the train .
Of course if you change the hotel it will be at the newport price but you will have the pool straight their .

Thank you for your understanding .

Kindest regards

Does anyone know how far the Newport is from the Sequoiua lodge??? , I need it to be no more than a very short walk to make it workable for my wobbly legs:mad:

Having just had further correspondance with the above person, I feel I am banging my head on a brick wall..........I really don't think they fully understand what I am writing at all, & I am certainly struggling to fathom their replies.................. IF I understand it correctly.......the last reply tells me that if I intend to use my disabled trolley, I will have to be upgraded to leisure class????, & I have to let them know, as they will need to issue us with new tickets!!!..........it also tells me they are please we got the Visa........we haven't yet!!!......aaagghh

I've asked several times for an e-mail address for a Manager, & tried to politely ask for better English....I even tried in French, & they just seem to be ignoring this so far :(

Would anyone here know where I can find such an e-mail address, as I feel I am wasting my time with the person dealing with our complaint, I don't think they are French, & they just don't seem to understand mt writing properly??.......... feeling very frustrated

Rockinhippy

Gosh! That reply is trully awful! Extremely unproffesional and to my mind, not helpful in the slightest:sad2:

The thing is Rockinhippy, I honestly believe that you should be upgraded, just like another guest who posted on here a couple of days ago was. It really does depend on who you get to speak to/email reply from- sad fact I know, but true.
I know this is a serious pain in the backside, but please do try and phone them again. Tell them that you have e-mailed admin and you have had a reply but the English was terrible and barely understandible. You really need to speak to someone in authority.

I'm sorry to keep saying this, but you must rely heavily on your disability. At the end of the day, you NEED that swimming pool. WHY should you have to walk to the Newport Bay Club (its walkable in like 10 minutes for a fit person but will take you longer) Tell them that you specifically chose the SL because of the pool. You just want what you booked and if they cannot provide that facility to you, then can they please move you to a hotel which DOES have that facility. You can even try saying that because of your disability, you had planned to skip some afternoons in the park, come back to your hotel, have a rest and a swim but you cannot do that if you have a 20 minute walk (tell them you are slow and unsteady on your feet- really lay it on thick!) to another hotels pool- thats NOT relaxing and restful for a disabled guest!

Oh I wish I could call them for you, its so frustrating when you're trying to resolve a problem and the customer service is this bad. Its just not fair and I am so sorry you are having this difficulty.

There is a bus service that you could use between hotels at a last resort, its just the normal shuttle bus, but even thats not ideal.

Let us know how it goes, good luck:hug:

The NPB is a huge hotel, the largest in Europe when it was built, for this reason I wouldn't say the NPB pool is a short walk from inside the hotel itself let alone from another hotel, sorry - although you could use the shuttle buses to get from 1 to the other but it wouldn't be straightforward you might even have to swap buses at the station, although I have been on a few that have stopped at SL, NPB and HNY.

I can't offer you any help at all on the Visa query and agree that is probably the worse English I've seen in a reply from DLP, I also can't understand why some people are being offered upgrades and others aren't.

What a shame this trip is turning into such a nightmare for you. :hug:

Sorry I can't assist but wanted to commiserate again with what dreadful service you're getting. The replies that I got from the email address were also in flakey english but nothing as bad as that. We tried to request an upgrade based on being messed around/ it being our 10th wedding annivesary and hoping to return to the NPBC where we honeymooned but they weren't having any of it with us.

And to add that as a pregnant lady with very tired and achey legs we walked from SL to NPBC and I had to really want to do it .... its not far but at least 10/15 minutes for me and as previously mentioned that is simply entrance to entrance, not your room to the pool.

I do hope that when you phone back you get someone more clued up and able to properly resolve this for you, its meant to be a holiday not a battle.

Kittb

I got a reply from DLRP today and it was in perfect english, what address did you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter