Hi Ho Hi Ho Theres lots and lots of snow.....Day 3

J Marley

DIS Veteran
Wednesday 7th January 2009

The alarm went off at 6.30am but I just couldn't get up eventually at 8.15am we all surfaced looking rather weary.

The main aim today was to hit BTM as many times as possible and get The Wilson BTM Family photograph.

We walked to the parks seeing the frozen lake on the way

P1070128.jpg

P1070129.jpg

Both the boys were knackered today so we decided to hire out a buggy for E7.90 calling it instead Stitch's spaceship to encourage J to sit in it.

We got to the castle around 9.45am

P1070131.jpg

a frozen castle waterfall

P1070132.jpg

and headed straight off to Peter Pan for a couple of rides.Dumbo was still closed.... much to Jacob's dismay.We headed for BTM after 10am cutting through Adventureland.It was strange to see this land covered in snow.

P1070137.jpg

Alas BTM was still not opened so we headed off for Phantom Manor.A tip for anyone going in the cold weather...this is a great ride to get warmed up on and have a sit down and rest.We did this numerous times today.Unfortunately Boot Hill was closed our whole trip due to the snow so I never got to hear the knocking grave

P1080298.jpg

P1070139.jpg

When we came out BTM was running we ran round and Happy Days the queue was 10mins.I grabbed numerous fastpasses thanks to the ones I bought off E-bay.We loved the frozen water wheel

P1070140.jpg

We used all our 4 fastpasses each on BTM.This ride is our firm family favourite and Rod said that anyone else on that train when we are on it must have the ride of their lives.We shout ...we whoop...we holler....we scream Runaway Train. We grabbed another 4 fastpasses for later and headed to Toad Hall for some fish and chips.

P1070146.jpg

Great meal I've written a review on the Toad Hall thread.

Next it was time for the meet at IASW.It was great to meet Emma and Kyra and Steve,Tracey and Josh and I just have to say that we had the most gorgeous and well behaved children in DLP that day.The four of them are a credit to us :love:

P1070151.jpg

After the meet it was back to BTM for another 4 goes.This time we managed to get the perfect photo....a tip for a good photo is to put the little ones on your left.We got a mahoosive poster of us for E25 ...I'll try and get a piccie of this later but we were well happy with the result :lmao:

Next we had to catch the parade as we had not yet seen it.We staked out our spot on Main Street picking a spot where we thought no one could possibly push in.Well the parade started and I started singing ...... Just Liked We Dreamed It.

P1070166.jpg

P1070170.jpg

P1070175.jpg

The only downside was this woman kept using Mac as her tripod and pushed him off the kerb a couple of times....My temper could hold no more and I told her "WATCH MY SON" first in a gruff Northern Irish accent then in French and then in Dutch she still looked at me as if I was mad.So I accidently turned the pushchair and made it collide with her shins.......she jumped back and I did apologize nicely but that did stop the pushing :)

Back to BTM for a few more whoop whoops and runaway trains.

Now we headed off to Inventions for our well deserved dinner.We were a little early so we chilled in the area outside and had a little drink to relax............2 large beers 1 apple juice and 1 sprite = E29.95......gasp
After the shock we chilled and met a couple of familiar faces ...Emma and Kyra as the beautiful Snow White.The 3 kids played together as Emma and Me chatted till it was time to go.

Inventions was amazing .........Lots to chose from and lots of delicious seafood.I found it hard to keep Mac in his seat as he kept going back for more prawns.We had the H/B premuim vouchers which covered the buffet and also included 4 soft drinks.We only had 3 soft drinks as Rod and Me had beers and our lovely waitress insisted we take a bottle of water with us.

By the time I remembered to take a piccie I had eaten most of my prawns......My starters

P1070184.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Emma about Mickeys nose.

P1070185.jpg

P1070182.jpg

P1070186.jpg

P1070187.jpg

P1070188.jpg

When we came out of the DLH there were hundreds of people queuing at the side gates all of them had special passes round thier necks.I have no idea who they were but it looked like they were all heading off into the parks for a good time.

The DLH at night

P1070190.jpg

Back to the hotel and straight to bed.....J went out like a light and Mac chilled while watching Zak and Cody.

P1080196.jpg

Awww you saw Mickeys nose vibrate then? It kinda scares me lol.

Tigger kept kissing Kyra in Inventions and you could hear the person inside making the noises, was a bit weird lol.

I stayed away from the prawns i would of eaten the eye or something lol.

Great report. I feel cold just looking at your pictures. What lovely boys.:goodvibes

OMG snow and ice are just things that dont go well with me lol
It did look fscinating though ;)

the pics of the snow are beautiful. im glad you had a good time

Love the photos of the frozen waterfall & of the snow:thumbsup2

Wow, I love those 'frozen' pictures!!! My DD Louise loved the prawns as well. DH & I got a bit fed-up of peeling the shells off for her lol.

Must remember about Mickey's nose vibrating next time ;)

I was disappointed Boot Hill was closed too, we missed this our last trip, but hey good excuse to go back ;)

Lovely pic of the boys at the end there. That's what kids should look like at the end of a day at Disney :thumbsup2

Great TR and great photos - looks a bit too cold for me though :rotfl2:

Those prawns look amazing - we will definately have to eat there when we go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter