Hi Ho Hi Ho Its Back To DLP I Go

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
Well its official, after weeks of checking out the DLP website and family shaking their heads and asking me why I want to back AGAIN, I have finally booked a 2 day trip to DLP in February.

Why February you ask? Well I have a week free in my schedule at the end of February. Last year I didn't do anything in that week so this year I decided take a city break somewhere. Also I will be doing my annual trip to California in June, so I wanted to do something midway between Christmas and June.

February is cold in most countries in Europe so did I really want to wander around a city in the cold and rain? The only option that made sense to me (family on the other hand dont get my logic!!) was DLP :)

I got a really good deal on the French website, they currently have a 35% off offer. The same hotel and dates came up at nearly €300 more on the Irish website!!

I am staying at Hotel New York, in a Plaza View room

I booked over the phone. I rang the Irish number and when I said that I wanted to book the deal on the French website, I was transferred to the French reservations. Very easy, no issues or problem booking the French offer, even though I am from Ireland. A 15% deposit was taken and the rest paid 30 days before my trip. My confiramtion email will be sent in the next 2 days.

IMPORTANT INFO
When you book through a different countries website, you need to create a My Disney Account on THAT website.Leave your country as the country website, for example, I am from Ireland but I booked through the French website, so when I created My Disney Account on the French website, I left my country as France.

I was told to go to the French website and create an account and then I can pay the balance through the website, or I can call back and they will do it over the phone.

Warning, if you book by phone, they really really push the dining plans and other extras. The lady who I spoke to tried to convince me by saying " you are coming in February, it will be cold, wouldn't it be nice to have a free treat (pas gourmande) in the afternoon to warm up" She also tried to sell me travel insurance and transport from the airport.

This will be my third visit to DLP and my third different hotel. Previous trips I have stayed at Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge.

I had a mini debate with myself over whether I should go for Golden Forest at Sequoia Lodge or standard room at Hotel New York. Hotel New York won, based mainly on location. Also as I am going in February, its not a busy time so the wait lines wont be anywhere near what they were on my last visit, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day 2013, so the Golden Forest Fastpass would be wasted.

I have checked out flights but I haven't booked yet, I will do that next week. I am also looking at staying at Val De 'Europe one night. Most likely this will be at the end of my trip. That way I can check out of Hotel New York, put my bags in storage, have a full day in the park, then go over to Val De Europe and stay overnight at one of the hotels. Then I can get an afternoon flight back home without losing out on time in the park. Also I have never been to Val De Europe, so that will be something new to see.

So yes February
Negatives
1.I know it will be cold and wet
2.I know the park wont be open late
3.I know there will be many ride and attraction closures

Positives
1.I can afford Hotel New York as its off peak season and I managed to get a Plaza View Room
2. Park crowds will be low
3. Finally get to see Ratatouille as it wasn't opened the last time I was there

Oo enjoy your trip! ^_^

We went in February this year (I wrote a little bit about it on my blog) and only queueing 20min for Ratatouille at rope drop was ideal as i've heard it can get a lot longer!

I don't think we had too many closures, and Casey Jr and the storybook ride were actually open! but a lot of restaurants were closed and the park did close at 7. I don't think it rained at all during our trip though (maybe overnight) but it was cold - so cold that the river froze over!

Oo enjoy your trip! ^_^

We went in February this year (I wrote a little bit about it on my blog) and only queueing 20min for Ratatouille at rope drop was ideal as i've heard it can get a lot longer!

I don't think we had too many closures, and Casey Jr and the storybook ride were actually open! but a lot of restaurants were closed and the park did close at 7. I don't think it rained at all during our trip though (maybe overnight) but it was cold - so cold that the river froze over!

I cant wait to finally see Ratatouille, going in February is the perfect time as yes it does get huge wait times. The cold I dont mind, just hope I get lucky like you and have no rain.

DLP is in the middle of a huge refurb , with almost everything being closed at some stage over the next year. So far this is the closure list for when I will be there

Its A Small World ( avoided this since 2010, the song does my head in)
Big Thunder Mountain ( haven't been on this since 2012 , not one of my must do rides)
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing (not really bothered about this, prefer the Disney California version)
Peter Pans Flight ( disappointed, this was closed in Disneyland California in June too )
Star Tours ( DLP has the old version, prefer the 3D new version in Disneyland California)
La Cabane des Robinsons ( never been on previous visits, does not interest me )
Rock n Roller Coaster May Be Closed ( never been on previous visits, does not interest me as I don't like roller coasters)

so out of the closures, the only one that disappoints me is Peter Pan. In a way I'm kinda ok with that, as it will build the excitement for the new version in California when I go in June

Congratulations on your trip :thumbsup2

Our family really enjoy staying at Hotel New York - hope you do too :goodvibes

Congratulations on your trip :thumbsup2

Our family really enjoy staying at Hotel New York - hope you do too :goodvibes

Thanks
oh you stayed at Hotel New York
Did you stay in a Plaza View Room? If you did is there a good or bad side of the hotel? Is there a side door out of the hotel or do you have to use the main entrance? Whats the gym / pool like? Did you eat at the hotel or drink in the bar?

I've put all our hotel reviews on the hotel sticky page if you want to have a look. We don't normally stay in plaza rooms. We got a car park view one year and I realised there's a chance of a glimpse of the castle which looks lovely lit up at night :cloud9:

Generally we ask to stay in Midtown, which is the middle part of the hotel. But we've stayed in Gramercy Park a few times too which is where the pool is. Haven't used the gym but used the pool many times. Very deep the whole way round and normally only use during summer as it does get very cold. I think all the pools do as everyone seems to report this at all the hotels. Outdoor section only open during summer.

Two ways in and out of the hotel - one at the car park side where you can get the bus and one at the opposite side which takes you out to Lake Disney and the village. We never get the bus, always walk. Very close to parks. We tend to do EMH first and then go back to the hotel for breakfast. Don't worry about breakfast slot times as they never bother with them.

We've eaten at the Parkside a few times which is a buffet and we like it a lot. Breakfast is lovely too with hot items. Walk right past the Parkside and into the Manhattan, which is a bigger more spacious room - exactly the same food though.

Bar is nice too. Think I've put a pic on the hotel thread, if not they'll be in my trip reports.

If you want to know anything else let me know. Hope you enjoy it.

UPDATE

Flights booked - landing at 9.30am on arrival day. The aim is to get to the hotel as early as I can to maximise my park time. In November I will book TGV tickets, which should mean getting to Disney by 11am

Hotel L’Elysée Val d’Europe booked for departure night. Again to maximise my park time. My plan is to check out of Hotel New York, leave my bag in the luggage store, spend the full day in the park, collect my bag and head over to Val d’Europe when the park closes.

Depart Charles de Gaulle the following day in the afternoon. Spend the morning in Val d’Europe shopping centre. Not sure yet if I will get TGV or magic shuttle back to the airport.

I know this is probably obvious but leave a decent wedge of time between handing and getting the TGV, CDG can be a nightmare. If you're flying from the UK they're at least both in Terminal 2

I know this is probably obvious but leave a decent wedge of time between handing and getting the TGV, CDG can be a nightmare. If you're flying from the UK they're at least both in Terminal 2

thanks for the reminder :) I have got the VEA / Magic shuttle before so I remember the time it took to get to from the terminal to the bus pick up point. I'm flying Aer Lingus from Dublin so I think thats Terminal 1??

quick update
The TGV tickets opened up for my days of travel, but when I checked the times, it wouldnt work with my flight times. I have booked http://magicalshuttle.co.uk/ instead. I am still getting there alot earlier than last time, with any bit of luck I will get to the parks around 1pm

woop wooo its 2016, 7 weeks to go. I have now paid in full. I paid online but the confirmation email took over 24 hours to arrive and the payment did not appear instantly on my credit card. I started panicking that something had gone wrong, but 2 days after I did the online payment, everything is fine, Disney is on my online credit card statement and I got the confirmation email :)

I have also done some ADR. Its probably not necessary as I will be there end of February but it helps me structure my day. I have booked Restaurant des Stars in the Studios for my first day and Blue Lagoon for my second day. My third day I plan to go to Planet Hollywood.

Little bit of a tip, I rang the contact number on the Irish Disneylandland Paris website (national rate) and asked to be transferred to the French call centre, by passing an international call charge to France :)

OMG OMG SQUEEEEEEELLLLLLLL

OK, and breathe.....

I got a phone call today from Disney, they have upgraded me to Disneyland Hotel :yay::Pinkbounc

I'm still in shock, I cant belive it. I checked my online reservation and yes the details are all correct. I never ever thought I would get to stay in Disneyland Hotel, I have never even gone in the front door to take a peek.

This is just madness, I now get to have breakfast in either Inventions or Californian Grill, with a view into the park and The Castle!!

I just have a standard room, but thats ok, honestly I don't mind if I have a crap room view. This has just made my trip even more special, as my time in Disneyland Paris is part of my birthday treat to myself, my 40th birthday is in March. OMG, I think I need to go watch some more walk though videos of the hotel on YouTube!!!

OMG OMG SQUEEEEEEELLLLLLLL

OK, and breathe.....

I got a phone call today from Disney, they have upgraded me to Disneyland Hotel :yay::Pinkbounc

I'm still in shock, I cant belive it. I checked my online reservation and yes the details are all correct. I never ever thought I would get to stay in Disneyland Hotel, I have never even gone in the front door to take a peek.

This is just madness, I now get to have breakfast in either Inventions or Californian Grill, with a view into the park and The Castle!!

I just have a standard room, but thats ok, honestly I don't mind if I have a crap room view. This has just made my trip even more special, as my time in Disneyland Paris is part of my birthday treat to myself, my 40th birthday is in March. OMG, I think I need to go watch some more walk though videos of the hotel on YouTube!!!

Wow, congrats & enjoy! Why the upgrade? Did I miss something? :)

Wow, congrats & enjoy! Why the upgrade? Did I miss something? :)

no you didnt miss anything. I dont think its because Im such a special person, lol, more to do with Disney marketing.

Im going in the super off peak time, with not only the regular closures but the extra closures and refurbs and scaffolding everywhere. I think its more to do with hotel occupancy. Disneyland Hotel backs onto the park, and the view of the park, castle and Main Street is what people pay for. At the moment Main Street station is surrounded by scaffolding. I think Disneyland Hotel has lost alot of bookings because of this.

They could possible need a minimum room occupancy % for breakfast, for example.

Also Im a solo traveller, so they are not losing THAT much money upgrading me , compared to a family.

Im sure other people got phonecalls too, I would not be surprised if people on all hotel levels were upgraded, to spread out occupancy among all the hotels.

wow, sounds even more amazing. what a surprise this must 've been! never slept at Disneyland Hotel, so hope I get upgraded too one day. haha. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter