Hi From Oregon

DizNee Luver

Luver of all things Disney!
Hi everyone, my name's Laurie & I live in southern Oregon. I'm a mom of 7 kids (yes 7). My family are huge Disneyland fans & I love blogging, reading & obviously going. My husband & I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary on March 7-14 & we're leaving all the kids at home!! Our plan is to stay 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel & then move to the Tropicana Inn. (can't afford to stay on property the entire time). Any one here stay at the Tropicana before? If so, we'd love input/reviews.
I look forward to becoming an active person on these forums, as this is a wonderful, informative site!!

Hello again from a fellow Oregonian!! :wave2:

Wow, SEVEN kids! I am trying to come up with a good Snow White joke, but I can't think of one, LOL! How wonderful that you'll get a chance to get away for your anniversary, and what a perfect place to go! Hope you have a great time! pixiedust:

:welcome:

From what I hear, the Tropicana has considerably good reviews. It's right across DLR on Harbor, so a quick crossing will get you there in no time.

Thank you for the info on the Tropicana.....we've read some reviews mostly favorable.

Yes I have 7 kids..... 3 biological sons (ages 23, 22 & 19), a 7 yr old son adopted 3 yrs ago out of foster care, a 3 yr old daughter adopted Jan 6th this year out of foster care & am finalizing the adoption of twin girls (age 20months) also out of foster care. What I didn't mention is, we also have 2 foster kids in our home right now. (ages 5 & 6) & I can tell you I NEED THE BREAK!! LOL, we love what we do, but it can be very stessful :crazy2:

Oh wow! You deserve a Disney trip more than many of us do! :) What a wonderful thing you do! :)

Tropicana is nice. We have stayed there a few times over the past couple of years. Rooms are decent size, the plumbing always works well, the staff is nice, the beds are comfy and the hot tub is great! :) The breakfast is just ok, nothing to rave about but it's free so that's always nice. :)

Cool Beans!! We really only need the motel for showering & sleeping....don't really plan on hanging out much there & arranged most breakfasts at the park.
Thanx for the input!!

I've stayed at the Tropicana twice. Both times I thought it was nice. Decent pool, heavenly large hot tub, clean enough room, comfortable beds, and a free continental breakfast. The breakfast isn't wonderful, but if you are not a big morning eater, is servicable. Plus, the location is wonderful. There is a nice little mini-mart that is actually fairly reasonable priced as well.

I hope you have a great trip! :grouphug:

Thanx so much....we can't wait & now my hubby is excited about the hot tub.....somehow missed that they have one!!

:cheer2: Yeah Oregon!!

Forgot to say...the Minnie Mart (yes, it's spelled like that) does have good snackies and drinks at decent prices. Slightly higher than store prices but less than DL prices. (thanks for reminding me princessnicchia) and there is a pizza place there too, we ordered pizza one night (it wasn't the best but it wasn't horrible) and the guy brought it to our room. We asked him when we should come get it and he asked our room number and delivered it to us. We thought he was going to call our room, the delivery was a great surprise, he brought it with 4 plates and some napkins. :)

I have a friend who likes to stay at the HoJo & always shops at the Minnie Mart at the Tropicana because of the prices.....lol
I'll definately be checking it out!! :thumbsup2

Hello! I just wanted to say that I've heard others mention that with split stays, you might want to think about ending at the Disneyland Hotel. It makes sense, right? Once you get there, you probably won't want to leave. And it would be nice to have that to look forward at the end of your trip. Just an idea... good luck with your planning and enjoy your grown-up vacation.

Yay for another Southern Oregonian! I am so jealous of your trip! We're trying to figure out a way to go for our anniversary, not this year (it will be our first) but maybe our second. Have fun and enjoy yourselves!

Thank you all for the warm welcome & tips/suggestions. We decided to stay the first 2 nights at DL Hotel, because we are doing our "celebration" on Sunday & thought it would be fitting to stay somewhere nice & pre-order a gift basket surprise. I'll be sad to move motels, but am okay with it, because we've never had the money to stay on property & getting 2 nights there is a real thrill. We had thought about doing it at the end, but plan wise it didn't work out. (I want to stay the whole time, but can't :sad: )

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the DIS! I live in Oregon too! I think it is an amazing thing that you are doing for those kids and hope you and your husband enjoy your trip!! :)

Welcome to the board. Wasn't today gorgeous? I love when the sun is shining and all that is green is growing ( oh yeah thats everything here) LOL. We will be celebrating our 24th in November this year, so congrats to you! We haven't made up our minds as to go to DL or WDW we've never been to WDW.
We were foster parents for teens but it ended up being to much since we still have a teen of our own to raise. I've been thinking of doing little kiddos though. I hope you have a wonderful time and loads of fun.
;)

Thank you all, we're looking forward to our trip.....but also feel a bit guilty not taking the kids (I'm sure we'll get over it...lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter