Hi from NY

SMDC2012

Earning My Ears
Since I've been reading these post for a few days now and made one post I just thought I should introduce ourselves. My wife and I are in our 30's no kids yet. We are planning a trip to WDW in October ( this will be my first trip to WDW or any disney resort at all). Anyways we can't wait to go. Just seems like a lot of planning. If any one has any tips for a first timer it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

HI and welcome from central Nassu County!!

You're right when you say it can be a lot of planning... for many of us, that's a good part of the fun!

I would start at www.allears.net ... take a look at the resorts. They come in 3 different categories: Value, Moderate and Deluxe. Each has a different price point, and different ameneties. But staying on property is a great idea-- it means you don't have to rent a car. Disney's Magical Express means you check your bags at the NY airport, and see them next several hours later when they arrive at your resort room. It also gives you access to the dining plan if you're interested, and to EMH-- Extra Magic Hours when the parks are open only to guests of the Disney resorts.

OK, so you choose your resort. Next you'll want to think about dining. We love the dining plan, but it's not right for everyone. Take a look at the numbers and decide. Be forewarned: food at Disney is expensive!! But there are some pretty cool restaurants, so plan at least a few table service meals even if you don't do the meal plan. You can book your meals 180 days before the start of your trip, and in order to score some of the harder-to-get reservations you'll want to do that. You can google a calendar countdown so you know when that day is.

That should get you started. Have fun planning!

Hi from the south shore of Suffolk County! October is an awesome time to go, especially for 2 adults who are first timers. Order some maps, or look at them on line to familiarize yourself with the rides and the layouts of the parks. Go to youtube and you can actually see the rides in action so you can get a feel if you would like it or not. This way you may not waste too much time getting oriented.:idea:
Take your time and really absorb the atmosphere, it's much easier to do that without kids. There are some really great dining options, so do your research on those as well. This site has all the menus available.
Wear comfortable shoes and it can still be pretty warm in Oct. Above all else - have fun!! We just got back from a 3 day cruise/3 day at the parks trip and I am chomping at the bit to plan our next trip!! Warning - Disney World can be addictive - maybe they should add warning labels to their park passes...:rotfl2:

Since I've been reading these post for a few days now and made one post I just thought I should introduce ourselves. My wife and I are in our 30's no kids yet. We are planning a trip to WDW in October ( this will be my first trip to WDW or any disney resort at all). Anyways we can't wait to go. Just seems like a lot of planning. If any one has any tips for a first timer it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:welcome: to the DIS! Congrats on your first trip!

My best tip for a first-timer is make sure you're prepared for the amount of walking it will be. The average person walks 8+ miles each day when visiting WDW parks, so if you can do a little walking ahead of time before you come, it will help a lot!

Also, make sure you drink plenty of water, even if you don't feel thirsty. Any quick-serve restaurant will give you a cup of ice water, free of charge.

You may get some rainy days in October, so be sure to plan for that as well.

Hope these tips help! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Hope your first trip is magical! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter