Hi, From Kidani

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Pembe savannah! We, DS, DDiL, DGC, DH, and myself are enjoying Kidani.

2 years ago, we said that we would all do the 5k in 2012, and today we did! I wear ankle braces now, and have a hard time walking, but we all finished. It wasn't on my bucket list but earlier this week was my Medicare birthday, I'm glad I did it, and I'm very glad for the whirlpool in the 2 bedroom!
DS's family waiting for the bus this morning.
ffae799e.jpg

We did make it!
bcaa54c7.jpg

Bobbi:goodvibes

We have seen the red river hogs many times!
efa6cc50.jpg

And lots of other animals.
834c4bce.jpg

Our room is the very last one. Now that I have done the 5k, I know that the walk to the lobby is not really, 1/2 mile!:lmao:

Congratulations!!! It seems a bit unfair that after completing to the 5K you have to walk all the way to the end of Kidani as well but it looks like you have some good animal viewing out there.

Congratulations!:cool1: I agree with another poster--you shouldn't have to walk far to get back to your room after doing the 5k! I'm a runner and ran my first marathon last year. After I finished, I told my husband I couldn't believe I actually paid to do that!:rotfl:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Your pictures are great!

Susan

Congrats on the 5K Bobbi! Sounds like a great idea for a family to do together. A great way to celebrate a momentous birthday. Maybe it will help if you think of it in miles instead of kilometers. Well--it was just a thought. LOL. Enjoy the hot tub.

Great photos of you and your family. I'm impressed that you've seen the Red River Hogs so much. Sometimes they can be pretty shy. We really enjoyed the Pembe Savannah. The CMs were very informative and would answer questions from guests on their balconies and the animals were released earlier than on the Sunset Savanna after exams in the morning.

Congratulations on our 5K Bobbi! I love the River Hogs...several years ago, DH and I were there when there was Momma River Hog and her 3 little ones following her everywhere, it was so fun to watch them.

An okapi spent a fair amount of time near us yesterday afternoon, I didn't remember to take a picture. Don't know what I was thinking, everyone was here, and youngest DGD (7) was especially interested in watching.

DS&DDiL are doing the 1/2 today. We'll be taking the DGC to the finish later this moning.

My DSis was supposed to be here, doing the 5k and spending January out of the cold with me, but she has a health issue that hopefully will be fixed. Please say a prayer for her if you will.

By the way, I feel much better today!

Congrats on the 5k! You all look great in the photos!
Sorry to hear about your DSis. I was looking forward to meeting her this coming week. I will remember her at church this weekend.
It looks like you will be having gorgeous weather--until we arrive. Save up a few fahrenheits for us, please!

Way to go, Bobbi!!

Getting ready to go to the airport.
See you tomorrow evening :woohoo:

2 years ago, we said that we would all do the 5k in 2012, and today we did! I wear ankle braces now, and have a hard time walking, but we all finished. It wasn't on my bucket list but earlier this week was my Medicare birthday, I'm glad I did it, and I'm very glad for the whirlpool in the 2 bedroom!

That's AWESOME!!! Congrats:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:. Doing the F&W marathon is on my bucket list for sure!! Enjoy Kidani!!!

Pembe savannah! We, DS, DDiL, DGC, DH, and myself are enjoying Kidani.

DS's family waiting for the bus this morning.
ffae799e.jpg

We did make it!
bcaa54c7.jpg

Congradulations, Bobbi! Is it a "Once in a lifetime" or might we see you there next year? Guy wants to do it next year, and you give me incentive too. Have you seen the baby Okapi? When I was there in late September, the Animal Keeper at lunch at Sanaa was very excited about a pregnant Okapi. Shortly thereafter I heard the baby was born and doing OK. I hope they're all continuing to do well now. Also I hope you continue to do well-keep that
whirlpool nearby. And it definitely sounds as if completing a 5K deserves a big reward! What an accomplishment!

Congradulations, Bobbi! Is it a "Once in a lifetime" or might we see you there next year? Guy wants to do it next year, and you give me incentive too. Have you seen the baby Okapi? When I was there in late September, the Animal Keeper at lunch at Sanaa was very excited about a pregnant Okapi. Shortly thereafter I heard the baby was born and doing OK. I hope they're all continuing to do well now. Also I hope you continue to do well-keep that
whirlpool nearby. And it definitely sounds as if completing a 5K deserves a big reward! What an accomplishment!

I don't think I have another one in me,but who knows. Some people were pushed in a wheelchair, if that could be, I would try to walk 1/2 at least. However, DDiL has to work next Marathon Weekend ( she's a nurse and has her schedule mre than a year out!), so it, won't be next year. Good for you and your DH if you go ahead with plans!

No, I have not seen the baby okapi! It has been cool at least and haven't seen giraffe out in the sunset savannah. Early this morning our DGC were out and saw two near the work area, they were very excited.

We're giving the 1/2 marathoners a break this PM. There is plenty to keep kids busy here in the Community room.we all have Pirates and Pals Wshes cruise tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter