• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hi From a Newbie!

dogladyjw

Mouseketeer
Let me introduce myself. I am a wife and mother. Hubby is 52 and the main interest in his life is history. Daughter is 24 and she and I love animals and have an average interest in history. We want to visit Disney World but know we cannot see the whole thing in one visit. We want to know how long in days (yes Tom, days not hours) for the different areas. The only thing we can find out is that MGM ParK should take 1 day. My daughter wants to start with Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. Tom and I have each been to Disney World many long years ago, almost before computers. It must have grown a lot since then. Is it better to stay on site or at a nearby motel? Enough to get me started. If any of you are thinking of a cruise to Alaska please allow me the honor of providing information for this in exchange. :love1:

Joyce,
So much has changed, I am going in a few days with a large family group that hasn't been since there were only 2 parks. I hope I can help.
First, Staying on property. There are a ton of choices, something really for everyone. I think the biggest plus is convience.
From your post, my thought, plan 2 days for Epcot. Magic Kingdom, depends on time of year, 1 or 2 days. MGM and AK a day. And then there's so much more past the parks.

Enjoy the planning, these boards are so very, very helpful!
Have a great trip!
Amy
:flower:

Welcome :wave:

I can't provide a lot of help for you. I have gone to WDW every few years, so it would be hard for me to estimate how much time it would take to really get a good experience. I do know, the more the better though!!! Good luck!

AMYSER said:
First, Staying on property. There are a ton of choices, something really for everyone. I think the biggest plus is convience.
From your post, my thought, plan 2 days for Epcot. Magic Kingdom, depends on time of year, 1 or 2 days. MGM and AK a day.

I agree. Based on your description of your interests, you could probably spend an entire day in the World Showcase of Epcot, and another day in Future World. If you are going at a slower time of year, and the fact that you have no small children in tow, you probably will be able to do the other parks in a day each. Maybe even combine AK and MGM into a single day if you are there when they open and stay until closing.

I would also suggest staying on property to really get into the Disney spirit and for the convenience of everything.

Good luck!

Buy a guide book--either the UNOFFICIAL GUIDE which is a sponsor of these boards I think...or an online guide like TOURGUIDEMIKE.COM

This will help you plan and tour effectively.

Good luck!

Welcome to the DIS from a transplanted Butler county resident!

You've come to the right place for Info! I think you made the first step in realizing that you can not see everything no matter how long you stay. I suggest stay on a WDW property. You just can't beat the atmoshpere and their is a price range for everyone! I suggest making a list of must sees, want to see, and can live without seeing. Then you can go from there. Remember, half the fun is planning!

Hi and Welcome!
May I suggest you check out the tons of WDW info on allearsnet.com.
Also there is great discount info on mousesaver.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter