• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN website

"Dead End" has moved to the top of my list pushing past "Silent Hill"...for now.

I am so looking forward to the no safe place. This is old school HHN. We actually even last year still said how we wish they would go back to having no safe zone. I am so happy about it I am going to buy the Rush of Fear pass instead of the one night. My first year was 1997 and I am telling you the bathroom was not even safe. I mean when you came out they were hiding and getting you when you least expected it. I don't know if they can ever do anything compared to those years but I am truly excited.

My girlfriend is coming to HHN for the first time this year. She was a bit worried bout how intense it would be so I told her that there were safe zones she could stay in if she needs to relax for a bit.

Oooooops!

It took three trips to get the wife over the houses, but she still avoids the scare zones. She has no idea what she is in for now.......

Woo Hoo!

I don't understand how people get as freaked out as they do. We all know its makeup and fake and we all know people are going to try to scare you.

I love the houses, but barely get startled going through them since I'm expecting it. Not to mention how close everyone is that you see where they hide before you get there half the time.

I am MOST excited about Universal's House of Horrors! This has the potential to be amazing!!! ::yes::

I've been hoping for this for years!! Really looking forward to this house.:hyper:

the Universal classic monsters are so underused in Orlando
:banana:

My girlfriend is coming to HHN for the first time this year. She was a bit worried bout how intense it would be so I told her that there were safe zones she could stay in if she needs to relax for a bit.

Oooooops!

nwa ha ha there'll be no safe port in the storm, interesting! I'm loving how they're shaking things up this year.

GhostsHauntSmiley.gif

I don't understand how people get as freaked out as they do. We all know its makeup and fake and we all know people are going to try to scare you.

I love the houses, but barely get startled going through them since I'm expecting it. Not to mention how close everyone is that you see where they hide before you get there half the time.

some us just love to be scared, it's a good thang:goodvibes

even when i know they're lurking on a repeat walk through my heart still stops when they pounce, and I thank them for it.:thumbsup2heck, i had the same scareactor get me twice in a scene (one of the pumpkinheads) and thought it was hysterical.:lmao:

people are different, some of us are more vocal but it doesn't mean we're not having the time of our lives.

Sounds like fun with the free-roaming Scareactors... assuming there are enough of them to keep it interesting.

My only concern/hope is that they aren't TOO close to the bars. Considering the way I've seen some people running thru scarezones or jumping in the houses, I'd really hate to have to worry about someone freaking out while I'm trying to get a drink. :rotfl:

Does Universal release what rides will be open that night or do you find out when you get there?

It seems like in previous years Rip Tide Rocket was not open, but Jaws was. Wondering if they will open Rip Tide Rocket this year since Jaws is gone.

Does Universal release what rides will be open that night or do you find out when you get there?

It seems like in previous years Rip Tide Rocket was not open, but Jaws was. Wondering if they will open Rip Tide Rocket this year since Jaws is gone.

Rip Ride rock-it was open last year during HHN when I went.

I'm almost thinking that maybe the "replacement ride", if there even is one, for Jaws, Will end up being Despicable Me. If nothing more, as a new attraction it would give it more exposure.

:lmao::lmao: I just had the image of the dance-party after the ride being replaced during the event with either a Monster Mash.... or the Thriller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZftK2kO6U

:rotfl2:

you'll know before hhn opens.
check the threads in the darkside forums and the website.

as tooo talll posted, RRR was open last year.

Hi guys! Me and my boyfriend will be attending HHN for the first time this september on a thursday. My boyfriend is a BIG horror movies fan on the other side I like horror movies but I get scared easily, so I'm a bit nervous on HHN but excited at the same time (do I even make sense?? LOL). I was wondering what should I expect???
I wanted to know also about security?? Do they check you up ?? I guess and hope that random people cannot wear masks or costumes right??
Thank you!!
I really hope I'll enjoy it!

if you enter the parks for hhn from the outside gate, the orlando police have you walk thru metal detectors.

yup, you are screened before you can enter the park.

for those already in the park at the holding area, you are fine.
you do not have to go thru any detectors to be in the park.

security ......lots of it in the parks.
UO security, Orlando security, etc.

no masks or costumes are allowed on the guests in the parks.

if you enter the parks for hhn from the outside gate, the orlando police have you walk thru metal detectors.

yup, you are screened before you can enter the park.

for those already in the park at the holding area, you are fine.
you do not have to go thru any detectors to be in the park.

security ......lots of it in the parks.
UO security, Orlando security, etc.

no masks or costumes are allowed on the guests in the parks.

That makes me feel much more safer, I think that if I feel safe enough I'll actually enjoy it and get a big laugh if somebody jumps out of me! Thank you.

I never go, but I am so excited about the houses this year. Somewhat disappointed with no scare zones, but... well... House of Horrors, Silent Hill, Dead End, and The Walking Dead all sound really, *really* good.

I was saddened by the website this year. Usually, they're so interactive... especially the 2008 and 2010 ones!

Hmm. No safe zone? Thank God I'm not going. I can't handle haunted hayrides (doesn't help my obsession with haunted attractions), let alone big stuff like HHN or Halloween Haunt. If I went to the bathroom and got scared there by a SA, I'd probably refuse to come out of the stall the rest of the night! XD

I shall now dream of black-and-white classic monsters, Pyramid Head, mansions and zombies until November... then immediately stare speculating upon 2013's HHN. (;

I never go, but I am so excited about the houses this year. Somewhat disappointed with no scare zones, but... well... House of Horrors, Silent Hill, Dead End, and The Walking Dead all sound really, *really* good.

I was saddened by the website this year. Usually, they're so interactive... especially the 2008 and 2010 ones!

Hmm. No safe zone? Thank God I'm not going. I can't handle haunted hayrides (doesn't help my obsession with haunted attractions), let alone big stuff like HHN or Halloween Haunt. If I went to the bathroom and got scared there by a SA, I'd probably refuse to come out of the stall the rest of the night! XD

I shall now dream of black-and-white classic monsters, Pyramid Head, mansions and zombies until November... then immediately stare speculating upon 2013's HHN. (;

Does no safe zone means: shops and also bathrooms??? Really??? Also in a bathroom??

alebisi said:
Does no safe zone means: shops and also bathrooms??? Really??? Also in a bathroom??

I don't know. I'm basing my inferences off of other attractions and past HHNs. *shrug* Maybe, maybe not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter