• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN Stay and Scream - How long do we wait at end of day?

Darby O'Gill

Earning My Ears
Planning on going on a thursday and doing stay and scream. My question is.... if we have to wait in Universal Studios at park close for the changeover in order to do stay and scream, then how long a wait should I expect until HHN opens? If its like 2+hours of just standing, well I will get enough of that during my 10 day trip..... (saving money with stay and scream good.....getting first in lines privlidges better!!)

Darby O'Gill

I think it's about an hour (look at the closing/opening schedule for an exact time because you are in S&S from the time the park closes till it reopens for HHN). They actually usually let you out 15-20 mins. early if the houses are ready and open a couple of them early so you can hit 'em before the general public crowd descends. You can kill time eating or drinking in Finnegan's if you really can't stand a wait with nothing to do.

Planning on going on a thursday and doing stay and scream. My question is.... if we have to wait in Universal Studios at park close for the changeover in order to do stay and scream, then how long a wait should I expect until HHN opens? If its like 2+hours of just standing, well I will get enough of that during my 10 day trip..... (saving money with stay and scream good.....getting first in lines privlidges better!!)

Darby O'Gill
S & S people are usually released after about 45 mins or so but you don't have to stand the whole time. The main holding area is by Finnegan's and there are plenty of places to sit. So you'll have about a 30 minute head start on the lines from outside...depending on if the early release house is ready. Sometimes you are released but then have to wait 10 or so minutes before actually going into the house.

This might be a bit off topic, but during HHN, does your Universal Resort room key grant you EP access?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter