HHN questions - AP discount, RIP tour, etc.

disney fan 2013

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time doing the HHN and we're only at US/IOA for about 1.5 days total before heading to Disney, so we booked the RIP tour in hopes of maximizing our time. It will be me and DBF - I have an AP but he does not. My AP is purchased, but I won't be picking it up until we check in at the Portofino. Does this mean that I can't purchase my HHN ticket until after I pick up my AP? Do you think this night (Saturday 9/29) will sell out?

We're doing the 8:00 RIP tour. I was told that we can check in for this after 7:15PM. Do you think it's worth getting into US beforehand so we can start right away, or will we be fine with just doing the RIP tour? It sounds like you get to see everything just fine on the tour, so if we don't have to rush around beforehand we'd like to avoid it, and maybe spend some more time at IOA while we wait for the 7:15 check-in time.

What are the lines like to get into the parks at this time? I read that you should be there by 5 to get in right when it opens, but if we just want to be there on time for our 8:00 tour, do you think we should be okay if we get in line by 7:00? Earlier/later?

TIA for any answers! We're excited to finally try HHN!

This will be our first time doing the HHN and we're only at US/IOA for about 1.5 days total before heading to Disney, so we booked the RIP tour in hopes of maximizing our time. It will be me and DBF - I have an AP but he does not. My AP is purchased, but I won't be picking it up until we check in at the Portofino. Does this mean that I can't purchase my HHN ticket until after I pick up my AP? Do you think this night (Saturday 9/29) will sell out?

We're doing the 8:00 RIP tour. I was told that we can check in for this after 7:15PM. Do you think it's worth getting into US beforehand so we can start right away, or will we be fine with just doing the RIP tour? It sounds like you get to see everything just fine on the tour, so if we don't have to rush around beforehand we'd like to avoid it, and maybe spend some more time at IOA while we wait for the 7:15 check-in time.

What are the lines like to get into the parks at this time? I read that you should be there by 5 to get in right when it opens, but if we just want to be there on time for our 8:00 tour, do you think we should be okay if we get in line by 7:00? Earlier/later?

TIA for any answers! We're excited to finally try HHN!

We're doing a private RIP tour that night too! Like you, we just want to arrive for the tour not going to enter the parks prior. So spending time at IOA should be fine. I was told there is a separate entrance for RIP tours.

You should have no problem covering all you want to see/do during your tour. They changed the park hours that evening from 2A to 1A. Still plenty of time.

As far as purchasing your HHN tickets you can call and order them and do a print at home option. They can look up your AP info.

Hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

You can't use AP discounts until your AP is activated at the park but the event won't sell out. Express Passes might but not the event itself.

My AP hasn´t been activated yet and I was still able to purchase HHN ticket with AP discount over the phone. I only had to give my confirmation number of the AP ticket.

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

You can't use AP discounts until your AP is activated at the park but the event won't sell out. Express Passes might but not the event itself.

I was able to buy an AP for a friend and all the discounted HHN tickets over the phone.

Well that is good to know. In the past, you had to have the annual pass activated before using it for any discounts. That is the reason why you pay for parking on your first visit. Because the pass is not active yet.

Well that is good to know. In the past, you had to have the annual pass activated before using it for any discounts. That is the reason why you pay for parking on your first visit. Because the pass is not active yet.
Yup...I guess it depends on who does the transaction.

Our family has one Annual Pass. How many HHN tickets can I buy with that? Can I buy for my whole family at the AP price or only one HHN ticket at the AP price?

Our family has one Annual Pass. How many HHN tickets can I buy with that? Can I buy for my whole family at the AP price or only one HHN ticket at the AP price?
Each passholder can buy up to six tickets at the AP discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter