• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN- order of houses

Metro- have you thought about which order you will do the houses after seeing the map?

How about you Mac?

Is Finnegans in the New York area?

Metro- have you thought about which order you will do the houses after seeing the map?

How about you Mac?

i'm going 4 nights, trying to plan on a 5th night.

for 2 of the nights (thur/fri), i have ressies at finnegans so that will be my start up point.
sunday night at finnegan sNs.

saturday nights, i will do the kid zone sNs.

i prefer the finnegans as i meet up with other visiting homies.

this is the time i can visit with others that i have met online.
once a year i can visit with other homies at hhn. the time period prior to opening and waiting at the holding area, gives me plenty of time to touch base with others.
i enjoy that as much as i do the hhn event.

i bought the ROF w/express so i won't experience the extremely long waits that will happen. also, going up to 5 nights gives me a lot of leeway.

if i was going only one night and did not have the express pass, i would hop around the park w/out staying at finnegans sNs.

finnegans is across from the Mummy.
the holding area is where the Blues Brothers perform.

once the event opens, we all will know more about the crowd flow and pattern of which direction to go first for the houses.
if you are not going opening weekend, be sure to check the darkside threads about other's hhn experience.
many will share what they have encountered to avoid long line waits.

Not really. I'll be going enough times that I will hit all the houses including the employee preview night Wednesday. I think I'll do the Silent Hill and Walking Dead houses during the preview and then finish them all off over the weekend since I'll be there Friday and Saturday nights.

Yes...Finnegan's is on Delancey Street which is in the NY area.

metro, i hope you post your opinion of the houses after your wednesday visit.:thumbsup2
The three we are going to concentrate on are: Silent Hill, House of Horrors and The Walking Dead but I'll post what I thought of them.

The three we are going to concentrate on are: Silent Hill, House of Horrors and The Walking Dead but I'll post what I thought of them.
Looking forward to your posts, and I really want to hear what you think about the streets. I am excited about them this year and hope not to be disappointed. I loved the years when I first started going that they were allowed every where!

Looking forward to your posts, and I really want to hear what you think about the streets. I am excited about them this year and hope not to be disappointed. I loved the years when I first started going that they were allowed every where!
I will definitely post my thoughts but it probably won't be until Thursday sometime.

i'm just going with my usual strategy: beer in hand, blindly follow a smrt person around;) has worked out well thus far.

I need a few suggestions for this year as we are doing things a bit different. Usually we go on Sunday with express and have always been able to do all houses and 4 of them 2 times. This year we are going on Sat. night no express and just planning on doing the early ones then hanging out on the streets the rest of the night. Then go back Sunday with express and be in early and hit all houses. I am assuming I should do a different area for stay and scream each night? And which one on Sat night? My husband can not walk fast at all as he has a bad leg so any help on a new plan would be greatly appreciated.

I need a few suggestions for this year as we are doing things a bit different. Usually we go on Sunday with express and have always been able to do all houses and 4 of them 2 times. This year we are going on Sat. night no express and just planning on doing the early ones then hanging out on the streets the rest of the night. Then go back Sunday with express and be in early and hit all houses. I am assuming I should do a different area for stay and scream each night? And which one on Sat night? My husband can not walk fast at all as he has a bad leg so any help on a new plan would be greatly appreciated.
I think I'm going to do the Finnegan's area Friday night and the KidZone area Saturday night.

Forgive me. This is my first time going to HHN and it will just be my son (15) and I. We have the Stay and Scream tickets for Sunday Oct. 28. I am assuming S&S is Stay and Scream, correct? How do we find out about the special holding areas? When do they let you in and when do you start lining up there? I only got 2 day 1 park base tix for this trip, so I am also to assume we should be in Universal this day. Should I invest in the Express Pass if we are only doing one night? Do you need to get a hand stamp or reenter using the HHN tickets? How do they know you are Stay and Scream? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Forgive me. This is my first time going to HHN and it will just be my son (15) and I. We have the Stay and Scream tickets for Sunday Oct. 28. I am assuming S&S is Stay and Scream, correct? How do we find out about the special holding areas? When do they let you in and when do you start lining up there? I only got 2 day 1 park base tix for this trip, so I am also to assume we should be in Universal this day. Should I invest in the Express Pass if we are only doing one night? Do you need to get a hand stamp or reenter using the HHN tickets? How do they know you are Stay and Scream? Thanks for any information you can provide.
S & S is Stay and Scream. In order to use the holding area, you will need to be in the Studios prior to park closing at 5pm. You do not need to leave the park and re-enter...stay in the park. Once the park is closed, head over to Delancey Street near Finnegan's which is the main holding area. They will scan your HHN ticket and that's it. Just hang out until you're released. Express would be a good investment if you're going one night.

S & S is Stay and Scream. In order to use the holding area, you will need to be in the Studios prior to park closing at 5pm. You do not need to leave the park and re-enter...stay in the park. Once the park is closed, head over to Delancey Street near Finnegan's which is the main holding area. They will scan your HHN ticket and that's it. Just hang out until you're released. Express would be a good investment if you're going one night.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your info. I am leaning towards express as well. Based on your experience do you think I can wait until I get there to purchase the express or does it sell out in advance? We are on a Sunday evening, but the last Sunday before Halloween.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your info. I am leaning towards express as well. Based on your experience do you think I can wait until I get there to purchase the express or does it sell out in advance? We are on a Sunday evening, but the last Sunday before Halloween.
That's always a toss up. I've there nights when the EP has sold out but it's not very common. I think if you definitely going that night, go ahead and purchase now so there's nothing to worry about.

That's always a toss up. I've there nights when the EP has sold out but it's not very common. I think if you definitely going that night, go ahead and purchase now so there's nothing to worry about.

Good advice. Thanks.

Last year we stayed in finnegans and walked over to kid zone. By the time we got there, everyone had moves to the tent houses.
My suggested order

House of horrors
Alice cooper
Penn&teller

Walking dead

Silent hill
Gothic
Dead end

Hoh exits ner alice entrance, Alice exita near p&t.

Sound stages usually all exit the same, but silent hill will have the longest wait, and its a long as hell walk to dead end. I felt like we were walking forever on weds.....and that was taking a shortcut through the other ss areas

So is this still the most recommended order of houses from those of you who have been there now? And would you do all the houses first, than the shows?

Two weeks from tomorrow we will be at our First Ever HHN!!! :cool1: Can't wait!!!

So is this still the most recommended order of houses from those of you who have been there now? And would you do all the houses first, than the shows?
Are you going to do Stay & Scream? If so, you'll get early entry into different houses depending on which holding area you enter. If you are in the KidZone area, you'll see House of Horrors and Alice Cooper but the Finnegan's area has Silent Hill as the early house. I was able to do all the sound stage houses (Silent Hill, Gothic and Dead End) by 6:30 but again it was raining and the lines were short. You can either do the sound stages then The Walking Dead then the other three if you want or reverse it. There's really no right way...it's up to each person. This is my ninth year and I don't go a certain way...just go with the flow.

Thanks! We are going to do S&S at Finnegans. I just trying to figure out the best way to see it all since we are probably only going to do one night (Thurs 10/11). We may do Friday 10/12 too, but not sure if hubby and son's friend will be up for it. And my son and I don't want to miss anything...

I am halfway thru the Silent Hill movie, and my son said that a part two is coming out this October- probably see that too.

We messed up and walked my Mom to the front and then tried to walk back to Finnegans but they had the wall of tm's stopping us and putting us in another holding area by Despicable Me. We still were able to do 4 houses by 7pm. So not a big deal but if you want to wait by Finnegans don't walk toward the front. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter