• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

HHN Express Pass in September?

herb102211

DIS Veteran
We are going to HHN on September 29th and are trying to decide if we should buy the Express Pass, since it's an additional $99 per person that night. Are Thursdays in September generally crowded or do you think we can get away without buying the Express Pass? Thanks!

We're going same night and I just came on to post this,lol I hope we get an answer
I'm hoping it's quite purely because it's our first full day after a flight from the UK.
And I want to get a couple of houses done and a few scare zones before it gets too busy or dark, as it's my kids 11,11,14 first time.

Thursday for your September date should have lower crowds then the weekend days

Kids have school the next day and others have to go to
work

That will keep the crowds down later in that night

You can always buy the ep that night in the park if you find line waits for the houses are longer waits than you want

I would use the holding pens and do two houses before the gate opens out front

If you find house waits to be 45 to 60 minutes early in the evening (8:00) then buy the ep

Hopefully that will not be the case this early in the Hhn season

I can only speculate how Hhn Thursday have been over the past years

Once the Hhn season begins, read what others that have gone have to say

Honestly, if you don't mind queueing and staying all night you can do it without EP. Lots of folks do.

However we've been going first 3 weeks last couple of years and it does get busier than you think it will be. We have seen some horrendous queues.........over 90 minutes opening night for Halloween house and last year wasn't that different.

Some houses do have smaller queues, no doubt. We just hate queueing and always have EP with our Rush of Fear ticket........even with multiple nights we wouldn't do it without.

However, that's just us and other folks don't mind standing in line all night. Not for us.

Good advice from macraven.......see what it's like the night you are there and you can pick up the EP if you feel you need it......hope it is quieter as that's one of the nights we'll be doing........lighter crowds are always welcome.......

Hope you have a great time.........

We're planning on the 29th and the 2nd I think we will try and do 3 houses each night.
That will probably be enough for our kids, ( and me I'm a wuss) but we will be able to do the next 3 available nights in our tickets if we wish, as we have the two park bonus Halloween ticket for our 14 nights there.
So we may hop over for opening on another night while staying at Disney.
I'm hoping that info will come put about the least scary houses so I can warm the kids up slowly lol.
They are so damn determined to it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter