• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHN 2015 thoughts and rumours?

Steph&katie

Best friends are going to Disney!
okay, so I know it's very early days yet however anybody got any thoughts on HHN25.

obviously its the 25th anniversary this year. So I'm hoping there going to blow it out the park.
Also we know that Jack the clown will be reappearing for the 25th anniversary

Does anyone think that they are going to change everything for this year?

My favourites last year were obviously the walking dead maze, the purge scare zone and from dusk till dawn maze.

also how much do the tickets cost for one day adult on the website usually?
as i usually buy the HHN tickets at the park when I'm there.

thanks! :)

Have a look at last years website for HHN.

Will tell you prices on there for an idea of cost.

popcorn::never too early to dish HHN

has it been announced officially that Jack will be back?

Last edited:

my avator is from (david in the hospital scene) the american werewolf house from '13.

AWiL is probably my favorite house I've ever done.

I'm also not a big Jack fan, but have accepted that he's probably going to be a part of the anniversary.

I'd be willing to bet on an Alfred Hitchcock house. Love to see something in the style of Werewolf/Halloween, scene by scene of a few different films. Psycho, Birds, Rear Window, Vertigo....

I have a feeling TWD isn't gone entirely, and I may be in the minority that would miss it. The quality has improved every year. I'd like it as an extended scare zone or experience.

I think we might see the return of the two park experience.

I would love to see something replace Rocky Horror. I love the show, but I can see it at multiple playhouses and theatres near me. 20 Penny was an awesome addition.

Joining in :thumbsup2 . We'll be attending HHN for the first time this year, so I have a lot to learn!!

Looking forward to all the great tidbits and information you guys are willing to share with us newbies.

gina, i've done hhn since 1999 and each year it gets better and better...!

My DH is so stinking excited about HHN, its almost amusing. He's a pretty easy going fellow, so its rare that he gets to worked up about anything...but this, I swear, he is counting down the days for.

We get a free ticket to HHN with our Premier AP's. Since the tickets are "free" (yes, I know....I paid a premium for the AP so "free is a bad choice of words) I am thinking of splurging and booking an RIP tour for our night. The thread that I read on here the other day has pretty much sold me on it.

My DH is so stinking excited about HHN, its almost amusing. He's a pretty easy going fellow, so its rare that he gets to worked up about anything...but this, I swear, he is counting down the days for.

We get a free ticket to HHN with our Premier AP's. Since the tickets are "free" (yes, I know....I paid a premium for the AP so "free is a bad choice of words) I am thinking of splurging and booking an RIP tour for our night. The thread that I read on here the other day has pretty much sold me on it.

you can use the free hhn ticket for any non peak night.
wed, thurs, sundays.

i love being around hhn virgins.
they are fun to watch when they get excited in the park...

tours are a good thing.
i really enjoy them.

We love the non-private RIP tour! We have done this for our very 1st year 2013 and then again 2014 and we will do it again 2015. The RIP gives you front of the line access to all of the houses. Our guide gave us awesome backstories for the houses and a break in the middle of the tour.

We had great seats for Bill and Ted and cool access to a bar in the Men In Black ride, lower level. We had time at the end of the tour to do a couple rides, through some magical back door. We ended the tour around Midnight and then had until 1AM in the park to walk around on our own or ride some rides through the express pass line.

We are doing two HHN nights this year, one RIP tour night and one night on our own. The second night will give us more time to walk around and enjoy the sights.

AWiL is probably my favorite house I've ever done.

totally agree on that!
my avatar is from the room in that house where david is in the hospital bed.
if you use a magnifying glass, you can see david...........:laughing:

I hope y'all don't mind if I jump in here with a HHN question....I'm a Universal Newbie (okay, that's not completely true, but last time I was there I was 14 years old and Back to the Future was still a thing). We have planned two days at Universal Studios/IOA, and they happen to be the first weekend of Halloween Horror Nights! About what time does the park close for guests without a HHN ticket? And are any of the rides/attractions open during the evening, or is it mostly just the haunted houses and scare zones? We aren't big into "horror" stuff, but were considering getting tickets so we could not have our park time cut short, if we can semi-avoid the really "scary" stuff and still hit up some of the rides. Any guidance from those of you who know and have experienced it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Courtney

I hope y'all don't mind if I jump in here with a HHN question....I'm a Universal Newbie (okay, that's not completely true, but last time I was there I was 14 years old and Back to the Future was still a thing). We have planned two days at Universal Studios/IOA, and they happen to be the first weekend of Halloween Horror Nights! About what time does the park close for guests without a HHN ticket? And are any of the rides/attractions open during the evening, or is it mostly just the haunted houses and scare zones? We aren't big into "horror" stuff, but were considering getting tickets so we could not have our park time cut short, if we can semi-avoid the really "scary" stuff and still hit up some of the rides. Any guidance from those of you who know and have experienced it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Courtney

the parks close to all guests in the park at 5:00 on the studios side.
ioa will probably close at 7:00 pm.

all the rides shut down when the park is closed at 5:00.
they reopen select rides when the park reopens for hhn.

last year, not all the rides were open.
ones that were included TF, Mummy, Simpsons, RRR, MIB and one more.

HHN offers select rides, shows, scare zones and houses during the event.

if you have a day ticket and hhn ticket, don't leave the park.
stay in one of the holding areas, aka, stay and scream areas as once you leave the park, you can not return until the gates open to allow those waiting outside, to enter.
you have to go thru metal detectors if you come thru the main gates for the hard ticket event.

those in the holding area, never see a metal detector.
once you are in the park during regular park hours, you avoid that security.

if you are not into horror and only want to do the rides, there will probably be at least 6 open.
weekend hhn tickets are not cheap.
saturday night hhn tix are the most costly.

if you go during opening weekend, in the past, they have closed at midnight.

i think if you stay for hhn, you might enjoy it.
you don't have to like horror stuff to have fun at it.

nothing has been released yet on what rides will be open during hhn this year.
all i can tell you is what was opened last year during the event.

in all the trailers and teasers for HHN25 jack the clown is in it.
he was in for the last anniversay also along with leatherface jason and freddie
so i have a feeling they are back also.
i love american werewolf in london it was a great house last time but thats just a rumours that its back this year
i hear walking dead has been confirmed for the 4th year in a row for this year is this true?

cannot wait to see what they have instore for the scare zones! what do you guys think will be there this year?
i loved the purge one that was a great scare zone :)

since my avator is about AWIL, i would love for that to return again......!
but, haven't heard that rumor yet.

WD has been rumored for a 4th year before the 3rd year began.
no idea which way that will go.

for me, the scare zones back in 2013 and earlier were the winners.

they have come a long way since i first started going yearly to hhn.

i do think AWIL will return because it was so popular and it's a classic!
and the walking dead is the number one hit really for HHN every year usually.
i wanna see new things though
like the rumours of American Horror Story maybe?
what other rumours are going around for houses?
and i agree with the scare zones of 2013. i wouldn't mind a few scarier things though for the scare zones the past few years they have been alot more spread out and it doesn't scare you as much in my opinion! thoughts?

On twitter they have announced 2 code names for original houses...

1. Blizzard - which some are speculating might be the Urban Legends house since I saw Yeti thrown around quite a lot

2. Party - again lots of speculation but some regulars are guessing Jack the Clown :clown: has a house or previous Story Tellers all crammed into one house .

Other houses I've heard floating around are: American Horror Story, The Purge, Insidious, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and apparently Ghostbusters has been mentioned in an 'unofficial' statement too :laughing:.

As for Walking Dead, the original contract they signed was for three years so it wasn't meant to be coming back but in the survey they asked if they should bring it back for another year so... Maybe!

On a separate note I've seen photos of them clearing a site on the lot which *again speculation* is apparently is going to be used to add extra houses this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter