HHN & 13 year olds...have you brought yours? & rip tour

Camie627

Earning My Ears
sorry if this has already been posted. Got tix for hhn night w/ RIP tour and we plan on taking our 2 boys (12&13). Am I going to be the only one with young ones? Have you taken your children? How did they like it? One of my boys loves horror movies, the other tolerates them. I went 14 years ago and just recall having a blast. For those of you that have taken you children; Did you have to leave the park-or did they love it? any feedback on the rip tour? Thank you you any input on your experiences!

have them watch some youtubes of last years hhn houses.
and google back for previous years houses.
did you have them watch the videos on the UO hhn site yet?

see if they like it or not.

in doing the rip tour, you won't have long waits for houses so maybe that will help.
you'll avoid some crowd issues as tours usually cross over to houses the back way for some of them.

bill and teds show might be over their head in some parts, depends on what topics will be in that show this year.

can't help you on the age factor.
didn't take my son until he was 17.

each year, i have seen families leave due to the kids being uncomfortable with the theme.
the scare actors don't tone down their act due to children necessarily.

it is a loud event so if your kids don't get bothered with noise, that's good.

No way would my 12 yr old like HHN and she loves scary movies . The actors do not tone it down because they are kids and there is a lot of drinking and adult themes around it .You know your kids best

Our son was 12 last year for his first. We are going again this year at age 13. Also what helps is the RIP tour, if it was not for this we would not go. But at the same time our son acts way older than he really is, just ask Mac. I guess is all depends on the child how they will handle it.

We have seen plenty of really scared children there. If you show fear they will really go after you.

Our son was 13 his first HHN.

He is not phased by anything that he knows is fake. Very mature for his years. Always has been. He loved it and was not phased by anything he saw......he adored seeing me getting the bejeesus scared out of me.......lol.......

In saying that I don`t think it`s a place for anyone much younger than that. We have seen horrific sights over the years, kids in pushchairs crying their eyes out, even just with the noise.

Lost count of how many times we have seen younger kids being taken out of houses in tears or screaming blue murder because they are petrified of what is going on around them. We have seen parents admonish kids for not having fun, or just plain ignore them crying. It`s not a place for children. It`s also very adult orientated in certain aspects, again not suitable for younger ones.

Will never happen, but I do wish Universal would put an actual age limit on it instead of just saying not recommended for under 13s.

But your kids are not that young.......hope they have fun if you do go........it`s an amazing event :thumbsup2

op if your kids don't like hhn and want to leave, there are no refunds for the tickets.

Our son was 13 his first HHN.

He is not phased by anything that he knows is fake. Very mature for his years. Always has been. He loved it and was not phased by anything he saw......he adored seeing me getting the bejeesus scared out of me.......lol.......

In saying that I don`t think it`s a place for anyone much younger than that. We have seen horrific sights over the years, kids in pushchairs crying their eyes out, even just with the noise.

Lost count of how many times we have seen younger kids being taken out of houses in tears or screaming blue murder because they are petrified of what is going on around them. We have seen parents admonish kids for not having fun, or just plain ignore them crying. It`s not a place for children. It`s also very adult orientated in certain aspects, again not suitable for younger ones.

Will never happen, but I do wish Universal would put an actual age limit on it instead of just saying not recommended for under 13s.

But your kids are not that young.......hope they have fun if you do go........it`s an amazing event :thumbsup2

Yes, your son is very mature just like ours.

When we first joined the RIP with others here I bet they were not keen on a child being with us. But until you have met our son he is just like the rest of the adults. Yes, he can be a smart you know what but he know when to be mature and respectful with the adults.

Yes, your son is very mature just like ours.

When we first joined the RIP with others here I bet they were not keen on a child being with us. But until you have met our son he is just like the rest of the adults. Yes, he can be a smart you know what but he know when to be mature and respectful with the adults.

Bluer, my issue is not with 12/13 year olds regardless of manners........it's the ones that bring kids in pushchairs and toddlers and ignore the fact there is an age recommendation for a reason.

I do not believe it's a conducive atmosphere for children of a certain age.

Bluer, my issue is not with 12/13 year olds regardless of manners........it's the ones that bring kids in pushchairs and toddlers and ignore the fact there is an age recommendation for a reason.

I do not believe it's a conducive atmosphere for children of a certain age.

Very true.

My opinion is not worth the paper it is written on since this is my first HHN, but DD asked for a HHN trip for her 13th birthday. After dong my homework, I decided to go for it with the RIP tour. She is bringing another almost-13 year old. Honestly, I think I will be more nervous than the girls. I hope they protect me!

Our son was 12 last year for his first. We are going again this year at age 13. Also what helps is the RIP tour, if it was not for this we would not go. But at the same time our son acts way older than he really is, just ask Mac. I guess is all depends on the child how they will handle it.

We have seen plenty of really scared children there. If you show fear they will really go after you.

Bluer's son definitely was great during hhn last year.

the Bluer family did the afternoon unmasking the horror tour with me prior to the night we did the private rip hhn tour.
since he was already exposed to what he would see in the evening, he enjoyed the night tour a lot.

i was such a pleasure to have him join us last year.

his behavior and actions weren't of a preteen but more like a teen.
he is going to be with us again this october for another tour.
all are looking forward to that.

My opinion is not worth the paper it is written on since this is my first HHN, but DD asked for a HHN trip for her 13th birthday. After dong my homework, I decided to go for it with the RIP tour. She is bringing another almost-13 year old. Honestly, I think I will be more nervous than the girls. I hope they protect me!

doing a tour will be great!
if the girls get nervous be in the middle of them during the house tours.
one can see you ahead of them and the other one, just put your hand on her shoulder and that will let her know you are there.

one can see you ahead of them and the other one, just put your hand on her shoulder and that will let her know you are there.

Eh hem. My own personal advice based on having scared the everything out of my son by doing that while we on Disneyland's Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy (DH and DS were together and I was behind them, and I did it just as the space demon/ghost thing puts out it's claw like hand)....let her know ahead of time that you will do that. Don't surprise her.

doing a ride and taking the tour or going thru the houses at hhn, is a completely different set up.

you do the houses conga style and can be swished together in parts of the house lines.

you already are aware you are walking with others in the houses
they could be holding hands up to the point they are single file.

being on a ride is different.
you don't expect someone to put your hand on their shoulder if you are in a row type of ride.

lol.......sounds fun with 2 13 year old girls.......they have an incredible screaming ability at that age :listen:..........you`ll have a blast I`m absolutely positive......

And you get brownie points for being such a cool mum taking them for this trip too.........::yes::

I will most likely be alone here but we took our newly turned 8 year old last year and he loved it. They were taking adults out and he was having A blast. He begged to go back so we are going in a few weeks. It is totally up to you and you know your kid. If it is fake mine seems fine and even seeks out the actors in the scare zones. I hate it and bare it only for them however my son and husband talk about it all year long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter