• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hhi suggestions

emmababy

DIS Veteran
We will be in hhi in two months and I have planned nothing! So, please give good seafood restaurant, dolphin cruise, and chair rental recommendations please! Do I need to do any reservations first? Also, we are arriving night before, so tips for a decent hotel please!

Suggestions for good seafood:

Old Oyster Factory
Roastfish & Cornbread

A place I wasn't too impressed with was the Crazy Crab in Sea Pines, but others have liked.

We've only ever been there in March and never needed reservations then. However some smaller places don't take reservations and even in march if you got there past 6ish there was a wait to be seated

Sorry haven't tried Dolphin cruises for no recommendations there.

We will be in hhi in two months and I have planned nothing! So, please give good seafood restaurant, dolphin cruise, and chair rental recommendations please! Do I need to do any reservations first? Also, we are arriving night before, so tips for a decent hotel please!

For good seafood, there is a very small (no reservations taken) place called Sea Shack that is delicious. You will get many other recommendations from others I'm sure. As for chair rentals, are you driving? If so, bring your own beach chairs and umbrella, or purchase at Walmart, Walgreens, etc. when you get there. If not, you can rent on the beach for the day, or there may be other rental places, I'm not sure. You will be given some information when you check in that may have ads. You will also be given a restaurant guide that is quite thick. Many of the restaurants have coupons or early bird specials. There are so many good places to eat on Hilton Head. I will be back there June 3 and can't wait!

For seafood, we loved the ones mentioned above (be aware Sea Shack is super-casual, but excellent food!). We also liked Captain Woody's. The dolphin cruise we booked thru the recreation desk, and it was excellent. But far more exciting was seeing Dolphins "in the wild" at the beach, in the marsh behind us, playing among boats at the marina.

PICT0249.jpg

However, we always go off-season, so I don't know if the dolphins are around in the summer. Since we don't do chair rental off season, I'm sorry I can't help with that either.

Thanks! Can't wait! We had friends ho last year and went thru 3 umbrellas! Any recommendations for golf?

Any recommendations for golf?

DH has played every course on HHI (at least once) that allows non-members. Slightly off-island, he'd recommend Hilton Head National. On island Oyster Reef, Robert Trent Jones, Fazio course (but that one can be tough for high handicaps). The last two are in Palmetto Dunes, right across the street.

We ate at skull creek boat house 3 times. The wait can be long about an hour in August. They a lot of great choices both in seafood and for steak too. The Cevice was fantastic!

There are chairs and umbrellas for rent outside the beach house. It is a private company, I believe.

For two chairs and umbrella it's cost $32 for the beginning of the day. The price goes down throughout the time you arrive. We are here now, the beach is great :cool1:

For two chairs and umbrella it's cost $32 for the beginning of the day. The price goes down throughout the time you arrive. We are here now, the beach is great :cool1:

Is this the only choice? I will be there with my dd and her friend over the Fourth of July. We are all fair skinned, so we have to have an umbrella.

Can you bring chairs on the shuttle every day? Anyone know? Thanks!

Is this the only choice? I will be there with my dd and her friend over the Fourth of July. We are all fair skinned, so we have to have an umbrella.

Can you bring chairs on the shuttle every day? Anyone know? Thanks!

There are lots of other choices. The $32/day rate is the really nice ones already lining the beach. Keen's is the name of one company that does $75/wk for 2 chairs, umbrella, and caddy. And they deliver and pick up. There are a lot of different companies to choose from.

Also, sign up for Hilton Head on groupon/living social. We got a great deal on dolphin tour during our recent stay and the company did a good job. I've seen deals on tubing/skiing, golf, and tons of restaurant deals.

I guess we are following each other on posts. Thanks for this hint on Groupon. What is a good idea.

We took the dolphin tour from the activity desk at DVC, and we really enjoyed it. We saw a lot of dolphins, and some were jumping about 6 ft. from the boat. For food, Skull Creek Boat Dock has a lot of atmosphere, especially if you sit outside. Thefood was good, but nothing outstanding. We ate dinner one night at Hugo's, a small restaurant in a shopping center about a mile past the DVC resort and on the opposite side of the road. They have an early bird special every evening, and the meal is only $14.95. The night we were there, you could choose any of the lobster entrees for $17.95, I think. The food was delicious, and we enjoyed the atmosphere....soft music playing in the background, comfortable, upholstered chairs, excellent service, etc.
DH did the Pickney Island excursion with the Disney naturalist, and he enjoyed walked around on the island watching for birds. Last year we did the marshland walk with a Disney naturalist, and it was fun to put on high rubber boots and walk around at the edge of the water. All of the programs Blu' Crabb does at the resort are fun....his magic show, ghost stories, tall tales and fiddling, etc. There are a lot of activities at the resort...horse shoes, corn hole, shuffleboard, etc. The evening camp fire is fun for the younger kids...singing, dancing, making Smores.

Tans everyone! We bought a restaurant.com forvAlligator grill. Can't wait For dolphins!
Can someone tell me te price of shrimp boil?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter