HHI Resale

mydogdrew

DIS Veteran
Looking for opinions. We stayed at HHI about 5 years back. It was a March golf trip - not really beach weather. We have done the outer banks beach trip so we have that as a reference. If you have opinions about Hilton Head beach in summer for surf (we have young children) and insects/jelly fish (had some issues in NC with the jellies).

WE LOVE LOVE LOVE HHI! :lovestrucTHE DISNEY RESORT IS AMAZING! :love: THERE ARE SO MANY ACTIVITIES AND OUTDOOR THINGS TO DO FOR KIDS OF ALL AGES. THE COUNSELORS ARE AMAZING!!! WE JUST PURCHASED OUR FIRST DVC CONTRACT @ HHI! :cool1: JUST WATCH THE BEACH REPORTS & ASK THE FRONT DESK IF YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING UNUSUAL. THE CHANCES OF JELLYFISH, ETC... ARE NO MORE OR LESS THAN ANY OTHER BEACH. I GREW UP ON THE BEACH & HAVE BEEN TO MANY IN MY LIFETIME & HHI/DISNEY'S BEACH IS BY FAR ONE OF THE CLEANEST & NICEST BEACHES I HAVE EVER BEEN TO :worship: GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BEACH PLANS! :flower3:

First of all, jellyfish could be bad anywhere in the summer - I think it depends on hot hot it is (ie how warm the water gets). We went to HHI in August of 2010 and the jellyfish were HORRIBLE. It had been a very hot summer there and when we went it rained all day the first 2 days. When we finally got to the beach on day # 3 it was fine. No problems with them. Probably the rain had cooled things off. Then the heat cranked back up. By Wed / Thur that week you couldn't get in the water without getting stung. It was just automatic if you did. They were BAD. My DH got one wrapped around his leg and he still has scars from it. :sad2: If we wanted to get wet we went to the pool.

Also, the surf there is very gentle. We were disappointed that there really weren't any waves to ride. We'd brought boogie boards but hardly used them. It was like floating in a lake. So if you're looking for gentle, you got it. If you're looking for FUN, not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter