• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI Newby Needs Help!

dznystar

DIS Veteran
I haven't stayed at HH in years! And we always went in off season in a GV and cooked in the room. We've stayed mostly at VB and WDW. We're going in 30 days for my anniversary! Super excited. What are must-haves to bring? Where are the best places to eat? We really like local places, not as much chain type. Got to get some yummy seafood!!! Any help is appreciated. Want to make this a special yet relaxing weekend. What tips do you have? TIA!!!

We're at HH now in a GV. Have had several great meals....Scott's Fish Market, Bucci's (also have great Happy Hour...food and drink specials)....both are right across the bridge from Disney....walking distance. Also, Posiedon (sp?) in the new Shelter Cove Town Center....also walking distance, but, a bit further....probably 3/4 mile. Food was great at all three....Scotts and Bucci's smaller places....Posiedon very large....indoor, outdoor and rooftop seating....plus live music upstairs (I imagine it can be pretty boisterous once the summer season is here).

We just could not break away from the seafood from Sea Shack! We ate lunch around 1-2 as our main meal 4 times last week. Dinner begins at 5 and the lines are long. It is not a large venue, but it is delicious!

our favorite restaurant is "a low country backyard restaurant". The food is good there and there is a DVC discount. We like Hilton Head Diner for reasonably priced breakfast. Don't forget the Dole Whips at the beach house.

Our favorite activities are bike riding, the pool, and the beach. We also like all of the events at the resort as we love the staff. All the lifeguards are great, Ms. Ella works on site and she is very kind and caring. B'Lou is the resort's troubadour and storyteller, and we love Shadow too. Overall, a great and relaxing place.

We go to HHI every year, but not on Disney property. We consider ourselves foodies, and both dh and I are from the gulf coast, so we are picky about seafood; we avoid tourist traps with subpar food. Our favorites on the island are Skull Creek Boathouse, A Low Country Backyard, The Sea Shack, and One Hot Mama's. We eat at each of them at least twice each trip!

Yes, if you go to the beach house there is a public entrance to the beach on the left. on the side you walk up the steps and there is a small public counter for Signals. I think it's open 12-3

Yes, if you go to the beach house there is a public entrance to the beach on the left. on the side you walk up the steps and there is a small public counter for Signals. I think it's open 12-3
Thank you! I'll be doing that next week, possibly multiple times! :dancer:

Must haves to bring: A good book or two! The most relaxing trip we ever take is at HH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter