HHI activities?

stacy6552

Keep to the code!
I just booked our trip to Hilton Head this summer. Can someone give me the run down on the activities/ Whats? good? whats not? When to book? stuff like that.

Thanks!

"A Private Affair" with Chef Gordon is a must do. He prepares a meal specially for you (I think this is done at the beach house now). He books up pretty far in advance, so you may want to contact the resort now for info.

Other activites you'll find out about when you arrive and can be signed up for then (we did the Kayaking trip which was fun).

We didn't do too many activities. I wish we had rented bikes, but they were out (it was Easter week), and we didn't want to both with an off-site rental for just a couple of days. We loved playing ping pong and pool, and there weren't very crowded. DD did the kids night out and liked it. We also enjoyed Shadow's Tales. We missed out on the naturalist talks, and kyaking which looked interesting. The kids we saw seemed to enjoy the arts and crafts. We mostly just relaxed!!

Things we did (and enjoyed)

As a Family
B'lou's songs and tales about the area
Family Pirate hunt
Renting bikes
Dolphin excursions
Campfires/Smores

Matt (age 8)
Detective Night (Parents night out)
Painting t-shirts with Dead fish
Shadow tales

Does anyone know which activities require fees and how much. There are several that we want to do but didn't know which ones charge. Especially the Dolphin one!

:) Alright Stacy. That's great! I wish I was going. I'm still looking for that resale that is just right. When you get back I want to hear all about it....:Pinkbounc

July

We're coming up on our 4th summer trip to HH and certainly looking forward to it.

We love the dolphin tour and beach combing tours. Scott Henry and Low Country Dolphin Tours now do the tours for Disney as well. We have had fantastic trips with him and have never been disappointed. If I remember correctly (and prices haven't changed), I believe the dolphin tour is $30 per person and beach combing was $50 per person. We prefer the beach combing over the dolphin tour -- even though it's more expensive. We have had the same great experience with seeing dolphins on the way out to Dufuskie Island as we have the the dolphin tours. With the beach combing, though, we've had the experience of seeing sand dollars bury themselves in the sand, star fish laying on the beach, blue crabs poking their heads out at us. Really an awesome experience!! Each trip has been different and unique in itself.

Tuesday nights during the summer are firework nights. They are done right at Shelter Cove -- no problem seeing them from the Disney property.

Across the bridge at Shelter Cove, there are entertainers. Shannon Tanner does a nice kids show where he invites the little kids up onto the stage to help him sing. It's cute seeing the little ones.

We did the Pinckeny Island Tour last summer arranged through the resort. While it was hot and a bit of a walk, we hiked to a pond and saw hundreds of birds just resting in the trees along with a couple allligators in the pond. Very neat.

Our childrens favorites are bike riding, the beach, the pool and crab fishing. Disney has a nice pier where the kids can crab fish when the tide is in. Last summer, my DS9 caught a turtle -- a once in a lifetime experience.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter