HHI- 25th Anniversary Questions

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
This is the 25th year of DVC at HHI since it opened on March 1, 1996.
Does anyone have any pictures or information from its first year of operations? (I found the original price was 62.75 a point.)
Are there any original DVC owners from this year? (I am currently buying a resale of a 1998 contract.)
Looking forward to see what people have to celebrate 25 years of Disney in SC.

This is the 25th year of DVC at HHI since it opened on March 1, 1996.
Does anyone have any pictures or information from its first year of operations? (I found the original price was 62.75 a point.)
Are there any original DVC owners from this year? (I am currently buying a resale of a 1998 contract.)
Looking forward to see what people have to celebrate 25 years of Disney in SC.

That would be so cool to see! I know a retired CM from there who was there at the opening. Let me contact him.

That would be so cool to see! I know a retired CM from there who was there at the opening. Let me contact him.
That would be cool to see their perspective and if they have any information on those first years at HHI.

I bought in November 1996. Stayed there over Thanksgiving with The Disney Vacation Club points we had bought in 1995. Bought my points as leaving that Sunday. Still have the HHI points. Spent many great times there with our daughters as they were growing up. They preferred HHI over Disney.
Have a Grand Villa 6/5 -12 for grandkids first trip to HHI.

I bought in November 1996. Stayed there over Thanksgiving with The Disney Vacation Club points we had bought in 1995. Bought my points as leaving that Sunday. Still have the HHI points. Spent many great times there with our daughters as they were growing up. They preferred HHI over Disney.
Have a Grand Villa 6/5 -12 for grandkids first trip to HHI.
They will love it!
Glad to hear your family enjoyed the points at HHI over the years.
We are a young family and buying our first dvc contract. We plan on using the next 20 years at hhi every summer!
(The contract we are buying is 50 points from 1998, which I saw the family paid the 62.75 a point then on the deed.)

I am curious to see if there is a celebration at HHI for the 25th anniversary. I am staying on Mother's Day and Father's Day this year.
We were there for Mother’s Day one year. It was special for me because a son had the resort make up this package. I don’t remember the resort doing anything special, but I was distracted by my surprise. There was a bottle of Low Country wine and a “best Mom” Minnie Mouse pin in the package with other things.

We’ll be there as well! We are looking forward to a relaxing few days in a studio!

We will be back in 37 days! It's been 4, LONG years....supposed to go last spring, but "the disease" took that trip away from us. Hopefully, we can try it again. My sister, BiL and my nieces (ages 12 and 9) are joining us for a few days. It will be their first time there and the girls have never been to the ocean. I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun...I am just hoping for nice weather8-).

We'll be going for our first time the third week of March. For one thing, I can't wait as I NEED a vacation. But now I'm really getting excited after reading about these activities. Does anyone know if the fun run is only on certain days? Thanks all!

Wonder if these activities will continue all year?

ETA: I just googled the actual opening date. Since it opened on March 1, I bet the activities are just happening around that date. It would be nice if they happened all year though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter