HH Resort Statistics

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
Here is a look at the room layout for the HH Resort.

There are a total of 76 dedicated 2BR villas.
....21 Studios (all lock off)
....21 1BR units (all lock off)
....5 Grand Villas.

Square footage:
Studio 455
1BR 856
2BR 1311
GV 2362

All villas are non-smoking and all offer wireless internet.

There are no dedicated 1BR or Studio villas ,all are lock offs. 16 are found in Buildings 11/12 which comprises the Live Oak Lodge - home to the Front Desk and Big Murgie's Den. The lodge is the only area which has elevators or HC access.

Due to local building codes there are no ground level villas- all are elevated above the ground with steps to get into these vills. There are no dedicated 2BR villas or GV's that are HCA. No other building besides #11/12 has elevator access.

Buildings #23, 25 & 26 have pool view balconies.
Buildings #11,12,13,14,15,17,18,22,24,27,29 and 31 have Marsh (Broad Creek) views.
Buildings #16,19,20,21,28 & 30 have interior (Island) views of nothing in particular (mostly wooded areas and other buildings).

GVs are located in bldgs# 16,18,19, 28 and 30.

All Lodge (Buildings 11 and 12) accommodations are lock off 1BR and Studios. There are a total of 16 1BR and 16 Studios in the lodge. The remaining 5 1BRs and 5 Studios are located beneath the GV's in buildings #16,18,19, 28 and 30.

The resort offers a wide variety of activities for all ages and has a large recreational staff. While there is no full service restaurant onsite, there is a snack bar near the pool and another at the Beach House. The resort does offer buffet style meals (shrimp boil and BBQ) at times. There are about 300 restaurants to choose from at HH and several are within easy walking distance of the resort.

Other activities are canoeing, kayaking, sailing, fishing, crabbing, crafts, cooking, wine/cheese, golfing, tennis, shelling, water skiing, wake boarding, parasailing, horseback riding, Kid's Night Out, Dolphin Cruises and others. Many are offered year round. There are also many outlet stores nearby, as well as an assortment of boutique shops on the island.

Right from the resort, in the nearby marsh, Dolphin have been seen feeding with the changing tides, river otter play in the sea grasses and a family of 5 manatees has been sighted feeding behind the resort.

Here is a link to a map of Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. This map includes the designated smoking areas at the resort.

Enjoy!

BCV Resort Configuration

OKW Building Configuration

SSR Resort Configuration

Thanks, Doc! I wish I were there now! Only 11 months to go before we get to go "home" again!

Last week we were in Bldg 18 and the week before we were in Bldg 15. The view from 15 was much nicer than the view from 18 and it seemed to us that the master bedroom and kitchen/living room were a little bit bigger in Bldg 15. Was this our immagination? We also had a bigger porch in Bldg 15.

There are certainly different balcony configurations. Most 2BR's have no balcony for the 2nd BR, but a few do (buildings 14 and 15). Some have balconies which extend from the kitchen nook window to the master BR window. Most extend only from the living room door to the master BR door.

While I have not been in all of the 2BR villas ( ;) ), I don't think there is much - if any- variation in the size of any of the individual rooms.

This is the first time we have been assigned a room in the lodge. I requested smoking with a marsh view and was given #1128. The view is the best that we have had. We have an unobstructed view of the marsh as well as of the development across the way.

My family loves the convenience of the lodge, even factoring in the walk to the pool.

As Doc said in another thread, the resort is fully booked, yet it still seems uncrowded. Last night's fireworks were a very good show, but it produced a true traffic jam in HH!

Well, time to pack. I'm off to OKW, "the one true DVC resort!"

:jester:

Doc, thanks for the GREAT info on HH!!! I printed up your original post for reference when making ressies in Late Auguest for a late March trip! I find your knowledge of HH to be extremely helpful--thanks!

One other quick "stat" I'd be interested in knowing is what HH is like during thanksgiving week. Have you ever been there then? Is it usually full or pretty quiet? What about weather if you've been there then.

Thanks!

Laura

Doc, thanks for mapping out another resort!

What is a lock off room? Is this connecting rooms. What is the best location for having three kids who want to be by the pool?

Lock-offs are a 1BR villa and Studio with a connecting door that would create a 2BR villa. Since there are only 21 with this configuration, they are almost always reserved only as a 1BR or a Studio. I have asked to reserve a lock-off and have been told they will not reserve 2BR's that way. Since some are handicap accessible, if a HCA 2BR is required, then they would have to provide a lock-off since none of the dedicated 2BR villas are accessible.

Just make a request to be near the pool. There are only a few buildings that actually look out over the pool area, but the resort is rather compact and none of the buildings are far from anything at the resort.

Enjoy!

Doc-

Thank you so much for posting this info. It is exactly what I have been trying to find out about HHI!!!

I read so many positive posts about it. I just can't wait for my family to get our chance to experience it this summer!

Thanks again!

I have a question. :flower: Are the 2 bedrooms in the lodge the only ones accessible by elevator? Are there any dedicated two bedrooms in buildings with elevators. I think I understood from WebmasterDoc's post that there are not. If this is so then the second bedroom is a studio with the a queen bed and a pull out couch? Is this right?

The ONLY accessible villas are in buildings 11 and 12 (the lodge). The HCA 2BRs are lock-offs and will have a queen and sleep sofa in the 2nd BR. The lodge is the only area served by an elevator at the resort. All other villas are up at least one flight of stairs - even for the first floor villas.

I hope this helps!

My thanks also - I'm going to HH for the 1st time in October and you've told me so many things I wanted to know

Do all the studios have a queen bed and a sleep sofa? I'm hoping for 2 queens...

Thanks!

Kathy

All studios have the queen/sleep sofa configuration. There are no dedicated studios. All 2BR villas have 2 queens in the 2nd BR. The lock-offs are normally reserved only as a 1BR or a Studio- rarely are they available as a lock-off 2BR unless required for HCA needs.

Great info Doc. Have you ever done one of these for VWL or for BWV?

Thanks Doc, I will be putting in a request for a room in the lodge, buildings 11 or 12. I have a hard time with steps so the elevator will be great and I would rather not be under a GV. I hope I get this request. I do have arthritis so I hope they give me an elevator building. Thanks for the great map of the resort. This is our first time staying here. This was our first resort we looked at but ending up buying at OKW. Maybe someday I'll get some points at HH. I am hoping to just relax.

Is this some sort of record?

Here's a thread that was started 8 years ago and was resurrected 5 years after the last post!

The good news is someone found the info useful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter