• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HH Grand Villa

luckytso

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
How is the grand villa at HH? I have heard people saying great things about the GV at BWV, OKW and the beach cottages at VB. How come I never hear people talking about the GV at HH?

Are they really nice too? Also, are they really difficult to reserve in the summer time?

Thanks

There are five GV's at the HH resort. They are two floors, with the master bedroom, living room and kitchen on the main level and about 2300 sq feet. The other two bedrooms are on the second level. The villa has four bathrooms and will sleep 12.

One difference in these GV's from all others is that they have a fireplace. Wood is supplied by the resort (although, a fire may not be too inviting during the summer months!)

Summer is a busy time at HH in general, but anything is possible with DVC.

Enjoy!

The GV a HHI is absolutely wonderful. We stayed in one on a January trip and it was great to have all that space. They are the only GV's to have a wood burning fireplace. The wood is stacked right outside the front door and there is an endless supply. I would never use weekend points because the point schedule is so high. Off season you can rent a GV for approx. $310/nt plus tax. The do not offer any dvc member discounts on the GV.

Jackg57

Doc,

Thanks again. I was just reading the member guide and I started wondering why no one said anything about these GV. Are they REALLY nice and they are just big?

Have you stayed in any of them? Are they really in demand, or only the studios and 1-BR? Thanks

Fireplace, that sounds really nice in the winter time. I guess that may give people incentives to stay there for Thanksgiving, Xmas or New Year time. $310 is an excellant rate.

Out of the 5 GV, do they all have the marsh views? Thanks again.

The GV in Building 28 (I believe) does not have a marsh view. It used to be used for member events and for the dinners given by Chef Gordon. It is located by the marina, which is lovely, but it is not as nice as the marsh view, IMO.

:jester:

The HH Grand Villas are located om buindings 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30. The only one with a marsh view is building 18.

How hard is it to reserve a GV at HH? Especially during the winter months?

Anyone have experience waitlisting for a GV?

Thanks,
Kamy

We were at HH for a week last Jan and a CM told us that there were 25 guests at the whole resort. I think all the GVs were open for the whole week. We even considered getting a GV for 24pt/nt for the fireplace. We ended up in a 2-BR which was very nice. I would go back to HH in the winter in a heartbeat. It was very relaxing. We had a couple of very nice days weatherwise. Have fun!

I have a 2 bedroom and am waitlisted for a GV. Hoping for it, but with the holiday (Dec 29-Jan 3) I am not counting on it.
We had a one bedroom last time and it was awesome.
But we toured the GV and fell in love with it. So we are crossing our fingers. At least we are going !!!!

Kamy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter