HH Golf

DE38

Earning My Ears
We'll be going to HH the last week of March and I was wondering what if anyone can recommend some reasonably priced golf courses.

Also, what can we expect for weather?

Thanks.

Been in april, weather awesome!

reasonably priced golf courses and Hilton Head aren't usually mentioned in the same sentence, however the golf is superb.

If you are a golf nut like me, i think it is worth it to pony up the xtra bucks and play Harbourtown, home of a Ryder Cup, Annual pga tour stop, etc....

You will see it on tv every year for the rest of your life and you can say, hey i remember that hole!

The bar just off the 18th hole is a great way to cap off the round, pretty people, yachts, and groups finishing....great spot!

You might try to give Sea Pines a call and try and get a deal on all three of thier courses... the other 2 are terrific and challenging.

The pga comes thru the week after the master in april, so you can expect the course to be in great shape, unless they are doing some major work to prepare, u might want to call ahead to check....

GL enjoy, I have been golf trippin for a lot of years and i think you will really enjoy it!

check out seapines dot com the rates are listed there, looks like 2 bills to play Htown in March, worth every penny in my book. sry just stumbled on this forum, apparently i cant insert a link until i post x amount? odd

If you don't mind traveling a short distance, there are a couple of great public access courses just on the mainland side of the bridge. They are Hilton Head National and Old South Golf Links. They are both nice layouts with great conditioning and reasonable greens fees for the area.

While it is a great course, I don't believe Harbourtown has ever hosted a Ryder Cup. Just trying to be accurate.

Do Disney get preferred rates at any courses and can you book before you get there?!

Can you give me an idea of prices as hubby is hoping to play asap!
Debs

Unfortunately, the rates for golf at HH go up on/about March 1 (as DH learned the hard way one year). The courses right across the street, at Palmetto Dunes, are relatively reasonably priced (remember, this is HH reasonable). DH loved the Robert Trent Jones course, around $90 if I remember correctly. Avoid the Harbour Town Golf Links if you want "reasonable". DH won't tell me what he paid (trying to keep my blood pressure down), but I think I read that it's over $200 a round.

Doctor P said:
While it is a great course, I don't believe Harbourtown has ever hosted a Ryder Cup. Just trying to be accurate.

Sorry about that, it was at Kiawah, 1990, that place is amazing!

Fear not, you will still be walking on specail grass, Arnold Palmer won the Inaugural Mci there in 1969!

;) this is just alittle off the topic, which place to stay at if disney HH is all booked, not to far from the golf courses.

wdwstar said:
;) this is just alittle off the topic, which place to stay at if disney HH is all booked, not to far from the golf courses.

Actually, I don't think there is any place on Hilton Head Island that *IS* far from a golf course! ;)

You might want to try the Marriott in Palmetto Dunes. It's right next to the Disney Beach House. And I'm told that you can sometimes get it on Priceline! Maybe check on Travelocity first to see if it's available for the dates you want, then try a bid!

Have a great time!! :sunny:

We stayed the last week of March in 2004. It was cool (mid 60's) which was fine for golf (they said it should have been much warmer that time of year. We played Harbourtown ($250) and a couple of the Palmetto courses. Golf was great and DVC at HHI was OK. I would not recommend DVC to someone who wants to golf at HHI regularly. I think I would go for the discounted stay and play packages at Sea Pines, etc...Also, for the money DVC should be on the ocean IMO. It is a nice place to visit that time of year.

We stayed a tthe Westin last Tgiving for two nights when we couldn't get the middle two days at HHI. So we checked out, went to the Westin and came back. We got an awesome rate online, and it was a wonderful (sigh) hotel.

Thanks for all the info.....I just made my first DVC booking for the last week of march at HH. Can't wait.

Debs Hill said:
Do Disney get preferred rates at any courses and can you book before you get there?!

Can you give me an idea of prices as hubby is hoping to play asap!
Debs

I played Sea Pines Ocean Course in December, I believe the posted rate was about $90 or so, when I checked in they asked where I was staying and gave me a 5 or 10 percent discount for staying at Disney. Not much but better than nothing. You can book ahead at seapines.com

We are going in July for 1 week and hubby would like to play 3 courses.........which should he choose for the ultimate HH experience?!?! How much are they likely to be, do you have a website address where we can book in advance and does anyone know which courses Disney has discounts at?!!!
Many thanks
Debsx

When you check in, you will be provided with a list of courses that offer reduced fees for DVC members. You will find that there are some very nice courses - that are less expensive - located off of the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter