• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HH at Thanksgiving

Kathy2130

Mouseketeer
We will be returning to HH November 26th on our first trip as members. Would love to hear from others that will also be there
for Thanksgiving. :D

It would have been nice to meet you and your family. We're headed to OKW on the 26th but I hope you have a wonderful time! I saw in the new VM that they are offering a deep fried turkey dinner to members who will be at HH on Thanksgiving. It sounds delicious.

We are set to arrive late on the 26th (from Atlanta -- leaving after school gets out!); we'll go back home on Sunday.

This will be our 4th Thanksgiving at HH and we absolutely love it!

Hope to see you there.

Dottie

We will be arriving late on the 26th also. What a great way to spend Thanksgiving!

Don't forget to order the turkey when you get there from Disney or Piggly wiggly! Have a good time! We did it last year!

We are not arriving until very late on Tuesday. Is there a number I can call to order the Piggly Wiggly dinner ahead of time? I assume that it will be too late to order it on Wednesday when we are there.

TwinKAT

The Fall Issue of Vacation Magic said everyone booked for the Thanksgiving Holiday will receive an order form in October to order either a deep fried or roasted turkey dinner delivered to the room.

Can anyone that has done this before suggest which is the best way to go - Disney or Piggly Wiggly?

It's nice to talk to others who are going - can't wait!

Kathy

Only thing I can say is that the roast turkey we had from Disney was wonderful and we spoke to people who went the PW route and they were also happy. PW is a little cheaper if I remember correctly.The pool air is filled with the scents of peanut oil and turkey. It was unusually warm last year so we were swimming and hungry most of the day.

We, too, will be at HH for Thanksgiving (3rd time)! We love it at that time of year (or anytime!). I have a 10 yo DD who will be looking for kids to play with.

See you then!

Patti
sweetp0618

I've actually cooked our turkey dinner in our villa when we've been there before for Thanksgiving. I just get a small frozen turkey and throw it in a cooler with some other stuff when we leave home, then put it in the fridge when we get to HH. By Thursday morning, it's thawed and ready to go. I pop the turkey in the oven when I head down to the beach to watch the touch football game put on by the resort. I make a few things at home, like mashed potatoes, and do shortcuts for some of the others (Stovetop Stuffing, ready-made cranberry sauce, etc.).

Although, I do have to agree that the aromas of the deep-fried turkey around the beach house pool are awfully tempting...We MAY just have to try that some time....

;)

Dottie

Our families favorite time to visit HH is thanksgiving. Usually good weather and can still swim in heated pools.

Hi, everyone!! Anyone interested in a coffee & doughnut DIS meet that weekend? This is our first trip to HH and our first trip anywhere as DVC members. We are so excited! Hoping to get information from DVC about ordering a turkey dinner, since we will be in a studio Weds. and Thurs. nights, then moving to 1BR. We are arriving Wednesday (late) and will leave Sunday. Looking forward to seeing other DISers, especially if you have any kids-- ours are DD14 and DS9.

Originally posted by keenercam
Hi, everyone!! Anyone interested in a coffee & doughnut DIS meet that weekend?

Great idea! We will have DD17 and DS14 with us, although getting them up and going at coffee & doughnut time is probably next to impossible...

;)

Sounds like a good idea! We will be arriving on Tuesday, so we wouldn't mind taking out some time for coffee, donuts and meeting new people.

My son is only 5 - anyone else with younger ones?

Hi, everyone!
How fun to get to "meet" all you wonderful DVC DISers!

Kathy--
JohnnieFedora has 2 younger children, so I know there will be young 'uns around. That makes the trip so much more fun, don't you think? I love hearing kids giggling around the pool or stomping along nature trails.

Am working on an email list to plan coffee and donuts. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.:)

I got my menu and activities list from Hilton Head for Thanksgiving today! I guess that means it's actually getting closer!!!

We need to start planning that DIS meet. One thing I had forgotten about was the Thanksgiving evening campfire. (My kids are teenagers, so the campfire is not a priority for us...)

I AM EXCITED!!!

:Pinkbounc

I got my menu and activities list from Hilton Head for Thanksgiving today! I guess that means it's actually getting closer!!!

We need to start planning that DIS meet. One thing I had forgotten about was the Thanksgiving evening campfire. (My kids are teenagers, so the campfire is not a priority for us...)

I AM EXCITED!!!

:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter