• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey There Pin Collectors

bytheblood

DIS Veteran
:wave: :wave:

For those of you who purchase pins and do more than put them into a box or a book, how do you display them?

Do you use a shadow box, do you stick them right into your wall or do you have other ideas?

If you have pictures, I would love to see them. Pretty please!!

We display DD10's pins on a regular bulletin board which hangs in her room. She can easily rearrange the pins as she adds to her collection. No pictures to post, but it works great for us!

Our extra bedroom is our Disney Room.

We have a nice bulletin board. It is framed in a nice black frame we got at Wal Mart. We love playing around with the pins.

We have gotten to many for that board. I think we are going to paint one wall Disney red. We are going to paint some corkboard yellow. We are going to mix corkboard with pictures.

For the boxed pins I have, I display them on a shelf in bedroom. For the pins that are in my various pin bags, those just stay in there and I keep the pin bags on the floor in my bedroom.

I have mine in a shadow box. I like it because I'm able to see them all at one time and the glass cover keeps in safe and dust free inside. I will try and take a pic and post it later.

DD, DH and I all have our own bulliten board we put our keepers own. I don't have pictures but I will be glad to take some tonight and post them tomorrow.

I still have mine on my two GKTW lanyards. I'd like to get something else for them.

We have one special pin we framed. It is the Main Street Transportation Company pin. DD (then 11) literally drove the horse drawn trolley car down Main Street. A CM took pictures so we framed the best one with the pin. I do not have a picture of it. I'll see if DH can take one to post. I haven't seen this pin any where since!

We have a framed set of the Mickey head flags and another of each pavilion in WS. Other than that we have books or wear them!

I'm moving this thread to our Collectors board. I'm sure there are people over there with plenty of great ideas on how you could display your pins. :)

I was able to get a nicely framed bulletin board (black) that had three 4X6 openings along the bottom for a few nice WDW shots. We have about 75 pins displayed on the board. I think I got it at WalMart. It's a really nice keepsake that we admire all the time.

Not sure how these will come out I am not a great photographer and I had to take them outside because they had a glare in the house. DD9 has two and they are a work in progress because she has to have them in a certain order and we just got back from vacation.

The top board is mine and DH's but he has to get his own board we have filled this one up. It hangs in our Kitchen which is Disney themed.

The bottom is DD9 she has two boards we hang in the hall by her playroom. She is a Stitch collector.

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

More of DD's. For some reason the pictures of her Stitch Board did not load I will try to post those tonight. She started trading on our first trip when she was three she is now nine. I started a couple of years later and DH finally gave in and started last year.

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

Here is a more close up pictures of mine and DH's.

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

We have about 1300 pins on 14 corkboards. 4 are large cord boards and 10 are the smaller ones for individual collections. The more we see the more we want to buy. We will be going back in February 2010. Can't wait.

All my pins are in a storage container, I keep saying I am going to find a creative way to display them, but I haven't done it yet.

I just started my pin collection last vacation to WDW. I have a ton though. So some I keep on the lanyard or I put them arranged around a disney hat. It works out great. Next I want to try the cork boards.

My pins are still attached to their lanyards and each lanyard hangs on a hanger in my closet. . .they take up more space than my clothes! :rotfl2: I probably should consider a different way of "displaying" them, but it works for now. I love being able to enjoy them any time I want! :teeth:

I saw how some people make shadow boxes to display their pins, so I thought I'd give it a shot! I bought a box at Michael's, decorated some of the foamboard with scrapbook paper/embellishments and just stuck the pins in the foam. It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. :teeth:

100_2898.jpg

Hi there!
I have the 1999-2000 102 pin set framed and get alot of compliments on it. The frame is about 30 x36. I had it done in two layers. The back layer is black brushed velvet foam core board about one quater inch thick. The pins are pressed into it, in order of release, with the two "corrected" pins in the last row. In the very center I put a four pin set of Mickey,Donald, Goofy and Pluto holding hands that says 2000 on them.
Then there is a layer of dark red velvet foam core board that forms 3" border mat around the pins. On the inside edge is a gloss black fillet about one quater inch wide. It forms just enough airspace to raise the glass, so its a shallow shadow box. The glass sits on top of the border and the frame is a gloss black. The pins haven't moved or come loose so far and the colors of the pins stand out against the background. I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out, and if there is any money left from our next trip I plan on doing a similar one with my "holy grails".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter