Hey there hi there ho there! from SW Ontario

CdnSquirrel

Earning My Ears
Hey Hey! Long time Disney fan here, from Sarnia in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. I grew up with movies like the Rescuers (a childhood favourite!) and The Jungle Book, and recall watching The Mickey Mouse Club in reruns on TV. Of course Sunday night wouldn’t be complete without The Wonderful World of Disney.

As a young boy, I had a friend whose family went to WDW every summer and he’d return with all sorts of cool stuff. He would rave about Space Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, and the ‘hotel with the monorail in it’. I was super envious.

I grew up but Disney stuff always has held a special place in my heart. Some years ago while going through a rough time in my life I found a little pocket-sized plastic ‘Sorcerer Mickey’ figurine which I kept with me to remind myself there was still magic out there somewhere.

Over the years people have, from time to time, brought me back little souvenirs from WDW. My first genuine WDW souvenir was a Little Mermaid pen. Later someone gave me a pair of genuine MousekeEars which are currently kept safe in a box.

The year kept going by and now I’m in my 40s and my wife and I are in the midst of the early stages of planning a trip to WDW! She had been a few times as a child and tells me I will just love it. In fact everyone I talk to who has been says it will be an unforgettable experience. I'm sure it will be!

:welcome: Dis-Friend :disrocks:

What a neat story - Disney is a Magical Place and everyone on the Dis-board can't get enough of Disney...

My DD and I are Disney 24/7/365 :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter