• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey Poly People!!

JamiT

Earning My Ears
So excited as we just booked a trip 8/21-8/25 and are staying at Poly. I have ALWAYs wanted to stay there. SO I have read through several threads and FAQs but what are the must do's there? Definitely want to check out the fireworks from the beach, try Tonga toast, Dole Whip but what else? This is the vacation that is going to be a bit more laid back and spending some quality time at the resort so we want to check it all out. So tell me all your secrets!

Thanks!!

The torch lighting ceremony every night around 5 (if they arestill doingthat)
and the hula dancing lessons in the lobby, they're fun, even if you just watch.

Um, just walking around the grounds is nice, especially in the early morning or at dusk when the torches are lit......very peaceful and lovely:)

I like grabbing a cocktail from the pool bar and sitting on the beach swing or hammck and watching the boats go to and from the MK...sounds boring, I know but if you like to relax, like me;), its a groovy thing to do. The poly is awesome.....I only got 29 more days to go!!!

We loved walking the Poly grounds.....very peaceful....like litlpixie said :goodvibes. And the hammocks on the beach are a great place to relax and/or take a nap :cloud9:. We spent several afternoons laying in the hammocks listening to the boat whistles :wizard:. We also spent alot of time just sitting by the pool taking in all the beautiful surroundings ;). You can also check out the Electric Water Pageant (EWP) that goes around the seven seas lagoon each night.....it's neat to watch and there's music associated with it too :). Have a great trip...the Poly is an awesome resort :thumbsup2.

Hello from Chicagoland :wave:

I don't know if you have kiddos, but there is a kid area in the lobby that has a television that plays classic Disney cartoons. DD loves to hang out and color and watch while dh and I just relax and enjoy the lobby. You can also see people coming in the front door to check in and I love watching their excitement.

We like to walk to the GF and take in the beautiful views during the walk, especially around sunset. Now they have movies on the beach at the GF which sounds really fun!

We love having a cocktail at the Tambu Lounge and people watch. Also at the pool bar as other people have said.

If you have park hoppers, we liked to take the boat over to the MK after dinner and just walk around and shop Main Street. If we happen to see a ride with a short wait then we go on. We have also done this with EPCOT. These unscheduled, unplanned park visits have been our most memorable.

We are huge fans of Captain Cooks, the counter service at the Poly. There is a lot of variety.

If you have any other questions, the Poly FAQ thread is a great resource!

Aloha :flower3:

Kona Cafe, O'hana, and Captain Cooks are all good places to eat.

Definitely watch Wishes from the beach in the area between Hawaii and Tokelau - you can hear the music better from there. ;)

The quiet pool is sometimes warmer and is almost always a lot less crowded than the main pool, so if you want to lounge vs sit, go to the quiet pool. :)

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

There is also a torch lighting ceremony at dusk every night. A cast member dressed in a loin cloth runs a torch around the resort and blows a conch shell. Sounds hockey - but fun to watch.

Make sure to check out the Wyland Gallery in the GCH. Unique and interesting original artwork with a very aquatic/tropical theme.

Just wanted to get a little more specific on the drinks, get an Orange Dream from the Polynesian. We have tried many for all different resorts but the bartenders at the Barefoot Pool Bar seems to make the absolute best ones in all of Disney World.

Torch lighting ceremony is great. We love just sitting on the boat dock and watching the boats and such. Very relaxing....beautiful views. :)

Definitely walk the grounds at night while the torches are lit...there's nothing like it! Also, every night at the GF they hold a smores campfire with dancing followed by a movie on the beach. It was the highlight of our trip. The walk over at sunset was beautiful, the activity was a blast, then we had a peaceful walk back to the Poly. You're going to love it...I'm counting down the days until our next stay! :love:

Just wanted to get a little more specific on the drinks, get an Orange Dream from the Polynesian. We have tried many for all different resorts but the bartenders at the Barefoot Pool Bar seems to make the absolute best ones in all of Disney World.

Umm, we like the Pina CoLAVAS at the barfoot bar!

RUM!!

plus they will make them without alcohol if you have someone that dosn't drink!

If you havn't been, the luau dinner is kind of fun!

and taking the boat to and from the magic Kingdom is a fun way to travel!

OMG these are soooooooo good! Tastes just like an orange creamcicle.

Umm, we like the Pina CoLAVAS at the barfoot bar!

RUM!!

plus they will make them without alcohol if you have someone that dosn't drink!

If you havn't been, the luau dinner is kind of fun!

and taking the boat to and from the magic Kingdom is a fun way to travel!

I'm taking your word for it and putting the Pina Colavas on my to-do list for November.:cool1:

We love the Poly. One of our must-do's somewhere in the middle of our stay when we want a break from the parks is to rent a boat for an hour and just cruise around the lake. It's so relaxing and on a sunny day, a beautiful way to take in the views of all the hotels and MK. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter