Hey Northeasterners...keep us updated.

Wow Bill you'll be dealing with that a long time

Yep, 18+ in our part of eastern Mass… some highlights of the past 48 hours.
- Several cancelled commuter rail trains… I wonder if anyone was stranded due to the incredible number of cancelled trains. I was lucky to get home yesterday after 4.5 hour commute due to cancelled and delayed trains (my employer required us to come in or use our personal vacation time.)
- Sidewalks have so much snow it's like the trenches on Hoth (the ice planet from Star Wars ;) I can't imagine Minnesota and other snowy climates. So much respect for y'all!
- Last week the public transit system MBTA attempted to run a regular schedule, yesterday same approach, today the MBTA website states that due to "decades old equipment" expect significant delays. (As if it wasn't decades old last week or yesterday, nice rhetoric to explain away the massive problems with the system, and push litigation holding up new equipment that would take six years to install.)
- Public was encouraged to use public transportation as an alternative to driving, but a major subway line wasn't functioning so the public was then advised to seek alternate public transportation!
- More snow is on the way and the MBTA has already stated this morning it'll be days to get back to "normal."

- The Patriots Superbowl Victory parade is tomorrow, and if people stand on the snow banks I think they'll be tall enough to shake hands with the Pats players on the duck boats! (That is before public safety shoos them off the snow bank ;)

Anyways, it's a wondrous winter wonderland. I think we can carve out the stairway to Elsa's ice castle now.
Hugs to all the snowbound folks.
-Krista

We had blizzards here in the Midwest on Sunday. But the media seems to shrug that off

This is the great outdoors MA 2/2/2015

snowstorm 2 2 2015.jpg

Attachments

• Snowstorm Feb 2 2015.jpg
    Snowstorm Feb 2 2015.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 4

Wow Erika, just looking at that makes me shiver.

My deck. The skiing has been epic though. Long live winter!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    914.4 KB · Views: 3
I don't know how much snow we have here, we are just south of Boston, but I can tell you we have no more room to put the snow from our walkway and driveway. The piles are so high you can't get any more up there!! I HATE it all and want to escape!! Looks like we are stuck inside until tomorrrow sometime... snow suppose to stop about 5am Tues!! I want to cry like a baby!!

Missy I feel so bad for you! Buffalo only got a couple inches during this last one. March is only two and a half weeks away! Keep the faith!

I don't know how much snow we have here, we are just south of Boston, but I can tell you we have no more room to put the snow from our walkway and driveway. The piles are so high you can't get any more up there!! I HATE it all and want to escape!! Looks like we are stuck inside until tomorrrow sometime... snow suppose to stop about 5am Tues!! I want to cry like a baby!!

I just escaped ...then came back to MORE snow!

Now they are saying no one in 4 counties (ours) can be on road tomorrow either, declaring it a snow day... because there is ANOTHER storm they are saying "substantial and significant amounts" for THURSDAY/FRIDAY!! I just can't do this anymore!!!! Never a fan of my weather here but this is making me want to move permanently!!!

We got another 22 inches so far with it still coming down and I at work of course!!!

Appreciate the feedback of how you are all doing with this snow. A favor please; let us know what town you are in. I see some familiar board names here that I know where they live, but there are also others posting that are new to me.

Val & I used to live in Plymouth, MA (up until one year ago) and I like to stay up to date on how things are around there. I also worked in Westwood for several years.

Just outside of Worcester, MA about an hour from Boston... it sucks...it's cold!!!

Last edited:
State of Emergency here in MA. Another 12 inches of snow on top of the 2 plus feet we had from last week. We have another storm coming in Thursday and Friday. I am supposed to leave for Disney on Saturday and I hope all goes according to plan!

I moved from Maine to the UK in 1999 and enjoyed very little snowfall for many many years. (Although the gray skies are a bit killer all winter long, including more than one month over the various years without a single hour of sunshine.)

So this year when I have found myself quite by surprise moved back to Maine and spending my first winter here in 15 years, I am reminded that Mother Nature has a real sense of humor. In the last three weeks we have had about 4 feet of snow. (121cm) We have even more snow forecast for Thursday and then again Sunday. I have a decent sense of humor myself I believe, but honestly making up for 15 years all at once seems a bit over the top!

I will say that it’s probably not all Mother Nature’s fault. I blame my husband too who even though he has shoveled and snow-blown it all so far, seems to be looking forward to more like a child hoping for school to be closed.

Mel

I will say that it’s probably not all Mother Nature’s fault. I blame my husband too who even though he has shoveled and snow-blown it all so far, seems to be looking forward to more like a child hoping for school to be closed.

Mel

Sick, sick man....

IMG_0015.JPG I came into the office yesterday, nobody else did. Here is the view out my window looking onto 128 in Canton. The snow banks on the side of the road are now taller than my car, I feel like I am in a bobsled run.

Just ran into the local weatherman at the grocery store and while we have more snow coming Thursday/Friday, he promised another "significant" storm this weekend! I'm in Rhode Island which hasn't been hit as bad as the Boston area, but we still have landed 3' or so in the last week or two. So relatively speaking -what exactly IS a "significant" storm at this point! Just in case anyone wanted to know.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter