Hey Northeast DVC'ers...

I think it's 12" now - still snowing, but very lightly. Took my son to his friend's house, the roads are ok, but everyone drives too fast!

FW 86,90,93,94
DxL 95,96,96(Apr&Aug),98
CR 00
CSR 01
OKW 01 can't wait!

south shore mass here,i got 11 hours of plowing in, bummer i expected 20-30 hours of plowing.was hoping for big check to put towards our dvc we are about to purchase. (vwl)more rain than snow. :D

Call me nuts, even insane...but I LOVE this weather. Light a nice fire, drink hot chocolate. I admit I love the sun (orig. from CA.)moved to New England 11 years ago and wouldn't think of leaving...well only when it snows in May (very rare). We are planning a sleigh ride this week and then we are going to A maple festival...I love New England.

Hello from snowy Ohio. We are up to 6" and it is still snowing and blowing. Not to worry, 2-1/2 weeks to HH. :)

Very disappointed...we only got rain. I love the snow! I was hoping for a Blizzard of 2001 (just like the Blizzard of '78), but instead just rain. Feel terrible for those people with housed right on the water--major flooding happening.
M*M

I have to say that I love New England in the Fall. It is truly beautiful. I even love the snow although this is a bit much.

Joe in CT

We're in Northwest Vermont. The original prediction for us was 1" to 3" total for this storm.

We currently have at least 24" on the ground and it's still coming...

We'll be at OKW in less than three short weeks and all will be well.

DIS_Signature_6.gif

I can't tell how much we have because of the wind.....all I want to know is when will it stop? And I hear we're in for yet another storm this weekend? Time to start counting the days to Nov 2 and VWL!!!!

Well, I came up short in my original post, we didn't get 20 inches, we got a couple of feet & it's still snowing!! We're in Pepperell, MA, North West of Boston.... (pretty close to you MinnieMe2!!!)

We're expecting another storm Friday into Saturday... Unfortunately that's the day of my son's sixth birthday party!! Snowed out again :-( We have the worst luck!!!

I envy all of you going to HH & WDW in the coming weeks!! Wish it was us!!!

I live in Beverly, MA north of Boston, and we're getting bombed with snow - 16 inches and it's still coming down. My kids are praying for snow-day off from school - #3...I've had it....at this rate, they'll be making up these snow days in July! Keep counting off the days until April and the 7-day Disney cruise...can't wait!!

I'm back, it's STILL snowing. I hear you my friends to the south as in NH, when will it stop?
This was supposed to be PA's snow, not ours, what happened? Anyway, since I was and still am snowbound I made a few calls to HH about bicycle rentals and dolphin boat trips. I needed something to make this day pass and make me feel better. I spoke with a very nice man about bike rentals and he gave me some info about beaches and distances from HH DVC to beaches by bike.
He was very pleasant and informative. Now I am really anxious to leave the snow.

So far about 12 inches here in Wakefield MA! For the past 2 days we have been baking, coloring, playing video games and having FUN! We leave for WDW on the 19th of this month. Took advantage of the snow day and starting packing!

Sunshine, here we come!!!! What the weather been like at WDW??

Rosemary
Off-site every year since 1985
PO '96, '97, '99
Coronado '00
WL '94, '00
CB '98
VB '97, '98, '00
DVC member '00 OKW
DxL '97, '01
BWV '01

About a foot of snow here too. Thank goodness we still have electricity - the kids have spent the day watching videos & Nickelodeon and playing PlayStation. I took advantage of the endless afternoon and added a bunch of new stuff to our Disney website. It was nice looking at all the sunny photos and reminiscing but now I'm looking forward to our June trip more than ever.

I can't believe it's 7pm and the snow is still coming down...

castle_moonlight.jpg

<font face="Class Garmnd BT"><font color="ff69b4"><big>Jennybºoº benny</big></font>
<font color="9400d3">~~DVC Member~~
Onsite: Poly '76, Contemp '98, BWV '99, CBR '00, BWV '00, CBR '01
Offsite: '74 '80 '82 '88
Next trip: BWV~June '01, ASM/BWV~Nov '01</font>
<a href="http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jsmith12/jillian&kylecharacterpage.html">Jillian & Kyle's Disney Character Website</a></font>

36 hours of snow and still snowing here in southeast New Hampshire. We've had about 24 inches so far, and it's supposed to keep going for another 6 hours at least. The pile next to the driveway is so high we can't snowblow over it anymore.

We sure wish we lived 20 miles from Sanford, Florida, instead of 20 miles from Sanford, Maine!

But only 73 Days 18 Hrs 3 Mins 45 Secs till OKW :D

Peter and Syl
DVC (OKW) '92, VB '95
Going to OKW May 19-30 and Dec 8-19 :)

Well, thats what my weather guy said anyway! haha And what the heck am I supposed to do with all this water and bread I bought? ;-)
Seriously, I wish it had either did the whole "blizzard" thing or not come at all. All I can say is I want to go to DISNEY!

Melissa & Brian
njdvcplate.gif

Only about 6 inches here in Mineola (center of Nassau County). I had to work today and there was about 4 inches there near the South Shore. It is snowing again but the prediction is for only about an inch more. My best friend (and co-member) lives on Shelter Island on the east end of L.I and had a foot of heavy wet snow at 5:00 PM with more coming down. Now they are predicting more for this weekend!! Oh to be at OKW now that winter will not end! For those of you on L.I. (and vicinity)-Don't forget the DIS/DVC meet this Saturday at the Melville Barnes & Noble at 2:00!
Hope to see you there! ;)

NancyDVC

We have about 18 inches here near Boston, but it's still coming down. Yup, it's beautiful, but not as beautiful as BWV......

Here in central NH, it's still snowing at 9:45PM Tuesday. I think we got 18-24 inches (we shoveled so often we didn't keep track), and since we already had the 3 feet of snow on the ground from the really bad storm in February, we are in serious danger of running out of places to put it. So to anyone who wants some snow, I've got 5 feet of it on the ground to spare.

A very long 52 days to WDW!

Off-site before 1989
CBR 1990
PO/Contemp 2000
AKL April 2001!

Finally stopped snowing here in Miller Pl. L.I.
Hard to tell the actual amount with all the drifts but seems like 14 inches. Feels like more on the shovel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter