"Hey look a Chevy truck"- Spring Break 2016 **Updated 5/28**

No one commented but I see my count going up so I see you out there :) reading in the background. It's ok, I do the same thing too :) :thumbsup2
I'm home today after finding out my little cough is bronchitis instead, so lets update shall we :sick::yay:

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom/EPCOT
Tuesday March 22nd (part 1)

It was another 6:00am morning. The Magic Kingdom was scheduled to open at 8 so we were planning to get to the bus stop by 7.

We made it to the bus stop and on our way by 7:15. By the time we made it through security and found a spot to watch the morning show it was 7:34 (thanks timestamp)

DSC05940_zps65uwyrza.jpg

Our fastpasses for the day were planned at EPCOT for the evening:
4:30-5:30 Character Spot
5:30-6:30 Spaceship Earth
7:10-8:10 Test Track

A few minutes later, the Welcome Show started… Man I love this. Even just listening to it on my iPod it almost always brings me to tears… LOVE :)

DSC05948_zpsquvbi558.jpg

DSC05954_zpsqqveofri.jpg

DSC05955_zpssr8eiuyc.jpg

DSC05957_zpspfsonpzy.jpg

A few short minutes later we were seeing this beauty again :)
IMG_2644_zpspmnvdfhw.jpg

Our morning plan was to hit Space Mountain because it was the only mountain that we didn’t have a fastpass for so that was the mission.

We talked about the split for Tomorrowland vs Mine Train. We decided about 20% vs 80%.

The wait showed 15 when we got to Space Mountain but it was pretty much a walkon once it was up and going.

IMG_2648_zpsyec5hxzq.jpg

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7636375231_zpsu5am6ixb.jpeg

Afterwards we decided to hit Buzz because again, we didn’t fastpass it

We rode it 5 times in a row… But for whatever reason, photopass wasn’t working for it because none of our pictures showed up :(

I do however have a picture of my score, which was my personal best to date :)
IMG_2650_zpsr9eafnmy.jpg

After our few rounds on Buzz we decided to find breakfast. Well on my ‘To-Do’ list that I've had on my phone for years, has been the nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow. So that was where we were off to.

I knew what I wanted, so I waited for my Dad to decide, he went with a plain waffle with strawberry.

I ordered and he found a nice little bench in the corner.

IMG_2652_zpswye134y1.jpg

IMG_2653_zpsqwdpeicv.jpg

IMG_2655_zpseir8vtac.jpg

Man that nutella waffle was yummy but so big. I could have eaten half and been content :)

We cleaned up the best we can, messy bessy us. On the way out there was a couple trying to take a picture of themselves, their waffles and the castle all in selfie mode. I offered to help and they were so happy. I love helping to take pictures of people when they look like they need help (not just normal selfie people ha ha)

Our post breakfast plan was to hit Haunted Mansion (again :))
The wait time was 15 minutes if even.

We decided to hit Big Thunder Mountain, it showed a 25 minute wait when we got in line.

9:33 we got in line (thanks timestamp)
IMG_2672_zpspugnagni.jpg

IMG_2677_zps2nferuc6.jpg

The last 4 trips I don’t think I ever remember to get any pictures when we’re in line. I was determined to get some this time

And at 9:58 we were seated front row (25 minutes on the nose)
IMG_2681_zpslwkv1wds.jpg

On the way out we saw.. A photopass person and in a place I haven’t taken a picture before. So of course we stopped.

MK_BIGTHUNDERMTN_7636436886_zpsgt2crqti.jpeg

My Dad told me that if people wonder why he’s making that face it’s his I have to go to the bathroom face

We hit the bathroom by Splash and decided we had time until our 11:20 Plaza reservation, so we jumped on the train.

IMG_2683_zpstocrnlvh.jpg

IMG_3005_zpsxuebf2cd.jpg

And another photobomb :rotfl2:

We rode all the way around until we hit Main Street. As I was getting out of the train my little legs couldn’t reach the bottom step, so I just let my leg slide off. Well I hit the sandpaper step edge part. It felt like my leg was being rubbed on a cheese grater. Man it hurt :( :sad:

We decided to hit the photopass person that was standing there because why not :)

MK_MSCONFEC_7636476579_zps36mziz5i.jpeg

MK_MSCONFEC_7636476583_zpsvrpzgzuo.jpeg

MK_MSCONFEC_7636476585_zpsbq7dt6fp.jpeg

We still had sometime until we could probably check-in so we went in the quiet little area and just hang out for a while :)

IMG_2690_zpsvg96sn9w.jpg

Whenever I get worked up or stressed out I mentally plop myself back in this little area and try and relax :)

We make it to The Plaza and checked in about 11:00. We took the buzzer and sat under an umbrella. It was a nice little seat. We got to hang around the castle and watch some of Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It.

DSC05966_zpsclot2btz.jpg

Our buzzer goes off about 11:15. We’ve never eaten here and have heard mixed reviews. But we thought we’d give it a try this time around.

We were seated next to a family right by the kitchen. I decided to get the cheeseburger because again, why change. My Dad decided to get the club sandwich.

DSC05968_zpsmpbth38x.jpg

DSC05969_zpsfoifnirv.jpg

Dessert options were pretty much just basic sundaes. So I went with mint chocolate chip.

DSC05970_zps1zsdsyz8.jpg

I finished about 3/4 of it then gave up. It looked little but it was pretty filling. I gave up my magic band and 2 table service credits, then off we went.

Tuesday March 22nd (part 2)

We stopped and hit the bathroom near by, then decided what we were going to do.

We decided to go ride the Peoplemover because why not :)

DSC05971_zpsvccrxxbv.jpg

DSC05972_zpswzah0gjc.jpg

IMG_2691_zps0tjfkyse.jpg

Again.. You know it’s a busy day when the Peoplemover has a line this long.

But it moved fast and a few minutes later we got our peoplemove on :)

DSC05973_zps4rrd0nti.jpg

DSC05974_zpst22pnxvp.jpg

We decided to call it an afternoon, it was around 12:30 and since we were doing the morning without fastpasses we didn’t feel like standing and waiting 65 minutes for Buzz or 120 for Space.

I mentioned swinging by the Emporium on the way out, I haven’t done any shopping at MK yet this trip.

We tackled the crowds down Main Street.

IMG_2692_zpszpcomxzg.jpg

The Emporium was packed and since they’ve moved some things around I just couldn’t get my bearings straight. I grabbed a few things that seemed new and screamed buy me. I got a raincoat.. I’m super excited to wear it soon :)

On the way out we saw the Dapper Dans walking by and they ended up stopping right next to us, so we parked ourselves. I’ve ‘seen’ them from afar or caught the last song of their set in the years past but never caught it at the beginning so I made sure to stop.

DSC05977_zpsdzey2c4y.jpg

IMG_2697_zpsui3hxmxk.jpg

DSC05978_zpsdq9ibjag.jpg

I loved their set :) I’m glad I finally got to catch them. It’s something that’s been on my list for years now.

We mosied out and I saw a photopass person so there we go :)

MK_ENTR_7636654132_zpsde73tpky.jpeg

The poor woman taking our picture kept trying to tell people that they can’t sit on the ledge. She would say it then they would go back and she would say it again and they would do it again. She apologized when she came back I laughed and told her I’m used to having to repeat myself a million times a day, I teach 4/5 year olds.

MK_ENTR_7636654135_zpsvsqzsadh.jpeg

MK_ENTR_7636654134_zps7jcjdwxc.jpeg

Aye Margaret… In my defense though I heard the train whistle and I was so excited the train was coming and I would get a picture with the train in the background…
giphy%2011_zpsjyq94qdc.gif

MK_ENTR_7636654137_zpsirrhysrf.jpeg

MK_ENTR_7636654139_zpsd4ywvz8w.jpeg

MK_ENTR_7636654138_zpsshbnkbro.jpeg

We made it to the bus stop a minute or 2 after a bus pulled away. Well now we know we’ll be first in line :)

IMG_2700_zpsjb7fznoy.jpg

20 minutes later a bus is pulling up and back to Pop we go, We decided to grab our mugs and go get some drinks from the food court, We refilled our mugs and decided to make a quick stop at the front desk. My Dad had his eye on a new ‘I’m Celebrating’ button and I have been a bad daughter and have yet to stop and ask. The CM behind the desk had some and gave us 2 and off we went to refill our mugs again. We made it back to the room and we relax and charge phones.

We had a Character Spot fastpass but we weren’t really feeling it so we said if we miss it, it’s ok with us.

We decided to head to EPCOT at 4:45. We get to the bus stop and make it through security at 5:12 (Thanks time stamp)

EPCOT_ECENTR2_7636929949_zps7uqp8zoo.jpeg

Of course we stopped for photopass :)

EPCOT_ECENTR2_7636929952_zpsczaewwyd.jpeg

I love this picture :)

We made it a few feet before we saw another photopass person… Do you even have to ask if we stopped ha ha

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7636933344_zpskv7bou9w.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7636933347_zps1wvcony6.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7636933349_zpsotjw50nd.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7636933353_zps4ryqeidd.jpeg

After all our photostops we could have ran to make our Character Spot fastpass, the window closes in 3 minutes. But we didn’t we sat by the fountain until our Spaceship Earth fastpass opened up.

IMG_2708_zps5jwucmbr.jpg

We enjoyed that sight for a few minutes then our window opened so off we go. There were a bunch of people just standing around and it took me a minute to figure out what was going on, there was a group of high school students getting in the standby line. But there was about 75 of them.
giphy%2012_zpsopcsfr2x.gif

Thank you fastpass :)

We picked new answers this time around and got a new ‘’future’. Afterwards I went to send my postcard to myself and it couldn’t find me anywhere :(

Afterwards we decided to hit Sunshine Seasons for dinner. I ended up with the pork chop and strawberry shortcake and my Dad picked shrimpy stuff with a lime tart.

DSC05983_zpsvirgk6du.jpg

I’ve had better pork chops, this one was a little dry and the mashed potatoes tasted a little funny but the corn was really good.

IMG_2723_zpsc9bjpxvt.jpg

IMG_2985_zpsuh1ufil9.jpg

My Dad taking yet another picture of me taking pictures of my food ha ha

DSC05987_zpsjkixfjxp.jpg

DSC05986_zpsbcnnaoai.jpg

My Dad ended up taking all the meringue off though ha ha

IMG_2722_zpsqeaiihby.jpg

Sad face :(

Weird story. We were sitting there eating dinner and someone woman comes over and starts cleaning tables. But she’s not a CM and she doesn’t work for Disney. She just picked up the rag and spray bottle and started spraying… She joked around about having to clean desks when she was in school. It took a while before everyone started to notice what was going on, even the CM that was cleaning the tables just stared at her. Eventually, she went back and got her spray bottle and cleaning rag back. The other woman just went back to her table and sat there. I’m not even sure what it was that happened but it was strange all right.

DSC05990_zpsdglpyv8r.jpg
It was nice and quiet :)

DSC05992_zpsybjc8mzb.jpg

DSC05993_zpsn4az9m3a.jpg

We had our Test Track fastpass to get to so we were on a mission.

Tuesday March 22nd (part 3)

DSC05994_zpsq5scrqel.jpg

I couldn’t help but take a picture of the baby pineapple ha ha it was just so cute!

DSC05995_zps4oxqpnmi.jpg

We got in line at 7:26 (thanks time stamp)

IMG_2725_zps4ra69oxl.jpg

And 18 minutes later we made this little beauty ha ha

IMG_2727_zpsloqchxuq.jpg

IMG_2728_zpsiutps3tp.jpg

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7637094223_zpslbowukbe.jpeg

The man next to me is thoroughly confused as to what I’m doing ha ha

Our plan for the evening was to just take our time and wander around, catch Illuminations from the backside of World Showcase then take our time heading out, the park was open until 11 with extra magic hours.

We stopped and said hi to Lightning and Mater. The CM was a little huffy when I asked if I could take a picture. THe walkway was closed and when I asked her if I could take a picture she said “you can’t go any farther than here”

I snapped my picture and went on my way.

DSC05996_zps9m320nlq.jpg

DSC05998_zpsi3d1mrlw.jpg

We made our way to Mexico.

DSC06000_zpsy4ualvsu.jpg

We decided to visit Panchito and friends :) there was a little bit of a line but it was moving. There was a woman who asked the CM how long it would take and he said “I don’t know 7 minutes maybe” and she said “ugh that’s too long” and left. All things considered, how busy the parks have been, it didn’t seem bad to us.

DSC06004_zpsz7ojroic.jpg

DSC06006_zpsejjerl0m.jpg

DSC06009_zpsycveog79.jpg

Man I love that duck and his little sombrero :)

DSC06018_zpskfzjgnxi.jpg

IMG_2732_zpssqup4xq0.jpg

I love the new animatronics with it :lovestruc

IMG_2737_zpsnqu0w3qa.jpg

After Mexico we cruised by Norway, we did a drive by picture.

DSC06029_zpsy30cu2pj.jpg

DSC06032_zpsso5z9cmg.jpg

DSC06034_zps2emqdkyz.jpg

DSC06038_zpsivm31jp1.jpg

We were going to stop for school bread but we weren’t hungry so I stopped for a Strawberry Oolong Tea Slush because my life isn’t complete without it :)

DSC06037_zpsg9ehdpjz.jpg

We stopped in Germany because caramel popcorn has been on my list of things to get for years and last year I missed it because I didn’t want to wait in line and make my Dad wait. This year though I made sure to stop :) I shoved it in my backpack and off we went.

EPCOT_WRLDSHW3_7637134765_zpsen12iesl.jpeg

We stopped to see the sand sculpture/castle for the new Jungle Book movie :)

DSC06043_zps8uhvq3v3.jpg

We visited Timon and Pumba

DSC06044_zpsgtvmx14w.jpg

The lighting on it makes the picture look out of focus :(

We made it to Paris and thought it seemed like a good enough spot to catch Illuminations. We found a little area on the bridge :) we talked about how in the Disney episode of the Middle this is where they watched it ha ha

DSC06045_zpsvsaoqqvf.jpg

DSC06046_zpswdwiet88.jpg

A few minutes later Illuminations began. I had a few people in front of me so I didn’t get the best pictures but I got a few :)

IMG_2749_zps5j31rnrx.jpg

IMG_2753_zpsoatbj6do.jpg

IMG_2759_zps4quhtppu.jpg

IMG_2782_zpszjs0hahr.jpg

IMG_2784_zps8dwohzdp.jpg

I was the person looking backwards taking pictures of what’s behind me not Illuminations ha ha. But it made for neat pictures I think.

DSC06052_zpsplbtz9lo.jpg

DSC06049_zpsyilstqia.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday March 22nd (part 4)

We let the crowd around us thin out a little before we made a leisurely walk to the front. The park was open until 11 so we took a nice walk through a mostly closed and quiet World Showcase :lovestruc

DSC06056_zps99fuawoz.jpg

I hit the bathroom in Morocco and like every woman’s bathroom ever, there was a line. While in line this little boy around 6 was a few people behind me. In the matter of 5 minutes waiting in line he asked his mother about 75 questions about why the bathroom was out of order. Everyone around him was laughing, he was precious :rotfl2:

DSC06062_zpsltqrtxab.jpg

DSC06065_zpsdodub5at.jpg

DSC06066_zpsjc8nuodn.jpg

DSC06067_zpshumesdm2.jpg

DSC06068_zpszosp4zk7.jpg

DSC06070_zpsqbnx6pvx.jpg

DSC06072_zpss6z2pnbw.jpg

DSC06076_zps4a1nirgo.jpg

I loved loved loved walking around World Showcase at night. Yes, I know we could have walked around some more and I could have taken a bunch of other pictures but I just walked around and looked at things and took it all it :) :lovestruc

We decided to stop for photopass pictures on the way out because duh why not ha ha :)

EPCOT_BACKSIDE%204_7637176926_zps7wgqll1x.jpeg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE3_7637176835_zpsqyksroyt.jpeg

We stopped for a photopass picture with Spaceship Earth but there was a line so going with our motto “we have nowhere else to go” so we waited. There was a man with his family in front of us and he was talkative to say the least ha ha. There was a family taking pictures, they wanted to do a jumping picture and the photopass guy said “I’ll do my best”, knowing it was dark and the pictures would be hard to focus. The man in front of us said “It’s your job to take pictures isn’t it?” We all giggled but he didn’t have much humor in his voice…. :scared:

When they went up to take pictures the photopass guy even said “hey it's the heckler”

It was kind of tense to say the least… :eek: :)

We took our picture and said thanks ha ha :)

EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_382067252772_zpsjlv3i6rq.jpeg

I stopped to take a picture of Spaceship Earth on the way out because again.. Why not? :)

DSC06078_zpsezyj5js3.jpg

We made it out and to the bus stop by 10 and we were back in our room by 10:35.

I called my Mom and talked to her about our day and the plan for tomorrow.

According to my fitbit I was asleep around 12 with the alarm set for 6 again.

Step count for the day:
IMG_3010_zpszasposyz.png

Loved your Illuminations pics! I always turn around to see how the buildings are changing colors but never thought to take pics lol That was really strange about the woman cleaning the tables at random - I wonder if the CM still had to clean again to make sure they were done correctly :rolleyes1

Following along! I love all of your pictures of F&G at night. You and your dad got a lot of cute photopass pictures. It looks like you guys got as much use out of memory maker as possible.

I'm back! :woohoo::wave2::yay: It's been madness over here! The last 3 weeks have been a blur of end of year assessments and endless paperwork, a tornado warning or two, and I decided to volunteer to organize and align the new curriculum we're using in Pre-K so I've been working on my computer every night but I finally decided to finish up and post the next day. So here we go!!

Loved your Illuminations pics! I always turn around to see how the buildings are changing colors but never thought to take pics lol That was really strange about the woman cleaning the tables at random - I wonder if the CM still had to clean again to make sure they were done correctly :rolleyes1
Thanks! This was the first time we've watched Illuminations from World Showcase and I love it! :lovestruc Honestly, it was so weird to see the whole thing unfold I couldn't really comprehend what was going on ha ha :laughing: who knows for sure what happened in the end? I assume they recleaned them but who knows...:confused3

I am a total lurker but I just wanted to stop by and say I am loving your trip report!
:wave2: Hi. Thanks. I'm usually a lurker in the background too :laughing:

Following along! I love all of your pictures of F&G at night. You and your dad got a lot of cute photopass pictures. It looks like you guys got as much use out of memory maker as possible.
:wave2:Hi. Thanks. Over the past few years I've been able to twist his arm to make him take pictures with me. This year it became a bit of a game to try and hit them all :thumbsup2

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom
Wednesday March 23rd

The alarm went off around 6 and we were up and out the door by 6:50.
And on the bus by 6:57 :) Thanks again time stamp.

We made it through bag check/security and found ourselves a spot by 7:16.

IMG_2797_zpss9ybgfhm.jpg

IMG_2798_zpsvhbjdo3e.jpg

Our fastpasses for the day were:
Mickey @ Town Square Theater 10:30-11:30
Big Thunder Mountain 6:40-7:40
Mine Train 7:55-8:55

Our plan this morning was to hit Fantasyland and see the new Peter Pan queue. Since the refurb we have only ever done it as a fastpass so today was the day :)

We caught the morning show and again, I may or may not have danced and sang along.

We were counting down to 10 when I turned around and realized that we were really close to the front of the line.. Like front front. I told myself I better not slow down or drop anything because there was no stopping for nothing.

giphy%2013_zpszadtuzed.gif

7:51 (thanks timestamp) we made it around the corner.

DSC06085_zpsn9x1a4qz.jpg

Along with a bunch of our friends ha ha

DSC06086_zpssgpxg6ww.jpg

We followed the crowd to Fantasyland then veered left while everyone else went right.

IMG_2799_zps5wco62jc.jpg

We made it to Peter Pan and of course it was a walk-on.

I finally got to see the new queue and man was it amazing. It loved everything about it :)

Afterwards we debated what to do. We saw It’s A Small World across the way and while it’s not our favorite favorite it’s definitely a must do, it’s not a Disney trip until we’ve taken a cruise around the world.

But first… A red card!! Whoo hoo!

e86b8f93-a7a4-4437-b8d9-01ebffaa97dd_zpslhiq7nps.jpg

DSC06087_zpssip9hmrc.jpg

My ‘we got the whole boat to ourselves’ selfie.. Right as they moved the people from the line to our boat.. Which is fine but still would have been kinda cool to have a boat to ourselves :)

Again, I took some pictures and we’ve seen them all so you’re more then welcome to keep on scrolling :)

DSC06088_zpsgfhbi6og.jpg

DSC06093_zpseuimnuba.jpg

DSC06099_zps6gnoqurl.jpg

DSC06103_zpsq9nzwavk.jpg

DSC06105_zps52h0vdrn.jpg

DSC06106_zps1i4byidk.jpg

DSC06108_zpsjrv245tr.jpg

Man I love those little penguins. :lovestrucOh the Penguins won last night in overtime! On to the conference finals! Whoo hoo!! :woohoo:My team beat my Dad's team in the first round, we still don't talk about it. It's a bit of a sore subject ha ha

DSC06111_zpstfo8ystl.jpg

I love this little girl. She makes me smile everytime and I seriously keep thinking I had a dress like that when I was little ha ha

DSC06116_zpsuoyjxm8q.jpg

Ok squirrel moment. We got new curriculum at school and the unit I’m working on now talks about multicultural awareness. And each of my pre-k kids makes a person from a culture different from their own. We picked Hawaii as a different culture and the girl has a little grass skirt. It’s so stinkin cute!

DSC06117_zps4ttuzjdi.jpg

DSC06118_zpspwge4qef.jpg

DSC06122_zps5mfvgyfa.jpg

DSC06124_zpsagbhzllp.jpg

Apparently the tv screens will personalize and say goodbye to you. Guess they weren’t working today though :(

Afterwards we hit the Tangled bathrooms because they’re just so pretty
IMG_2805_zpsyakgugkc.jpg

I always feel weird sometimes, that I’ll be taking a picture as someone is walking out…

We walked by Haunted Mansion and the wait time was 15 minutes so we went again.. Of course :)

Afterwards it was about 8:45 and we had done 2 rides and the crowds weren’t bad yet so we decided to venture off to Pirates :) I kept saying… still… ‘not the first row, not the first row’ thankfully we were row 4.

After Pirates we were debating what to do and we figured it would be a good time for a breakfast/snack and since there isn’t much besides Starbucks we decided to get a nice healthy cinnamon roll :P

DSC06128_zpsw543gc7t.jpg

We split a cinnamon roll, a LeFous brew.

After breakfast/snack we still had 30 minutes until our fastpass so we decided to cut through Tomorrowland and visit the Peoplemover.

First we got sidetracked because we always do, when see a photopass person

MK_UNDERTHESEAMARQICONNC_7637343109_zpsxmi4bgdt.jpeg

MK_UNDERTHESEAMARQICONNC_7637343111_zpssf4ulknu.jpeg

We said thank you for our pictures and kept on our way to Tomorrowland.

DSC06131_zpsovjbkoty.jpg

The crowds seemed light still :)

DSC06132_zps4j9io7bd.jpg

There was no wait so we just walked right on :)

DSC06132_zps4j9io7bd.jpg

Nice empty walkways :)

We were going along then bam we stopped…

DSC06133_zpsglvmlxrp.jpg

We ended up being parked for only around 5 minutes.

We finished up and stopped for a photopass picture. We waited in line for the family to take their picture. The photpass guy tried to scan their band and it wasn’t working. So he gave them a card and explained to us we would have to do the same. We posed and smiled and he looked at us and said.. “The camera isn’t working at all”. Whoomp whoomp so no pictures for us. He apologized profusely and we said it is ok., so we went on our way.

We made our way down Main Street and when we turned the corner in from of the Plaza.. Bam.. crowds.

IMG_2815_zpsb6wzut7u.jpg

We tried to get around traffic heading towards Town Square Theater. When we got there the wait time for Mickey was 65 minutes… I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wait time that high for it. Crazy Spring Break crowds…

We scanned our fastpasses and get in line with a few other families. The couple in front of us had just got there and were meeting Mickey before doing anything else. The Mom forgot the autograph book so there goes the Dad to the gift shop to buy one.

A few minutes later we made it to the holding room and we were kept to keep scooching forward, but we were running over the people in front of us. The little kids in the room were clearly excited about meeting Mickey and they keep talking about meeting him. While somehow the Mom next to us and I started talking about how many rooms there are.

We make it to our room to meet Mickey and there are a few families in front of us. While in line my Dad and I tried to figure out how Mickey talks. Then we decided to stop. That takes all the fun out of it :)

DSC06134_zps2uhop0se.jpg

DSC06135_zpsos4wwqdx.jpg

So are they going to take the hat down and find another homage to Hollywood Studios? Just wondering?? :confused3

IMG_2816_zpsphog8rqj.jpg

IMG_2817_zpsmgavcvzz.jpg

My epic stare down with Mickey…

There was no photopass person so I asked the handler lady to take our picture, she happily obliged.

75800fce-629d-4e65-b4ed-405e4119291d_zpswzpl4slt.jpg

Man I love that mouse :)

We bid afternoon to Magic Kingdom cause we were headed to lunch and to get there we needed to catch a boat :) To get there though we had to find an exit.. Oh my goodness the crowds were madness!!

We finally make it to the boat and there isn’t anyone else in line. The captain/driver tells us that we get a boat all to ourselves :)

We had the boat all to ourselves because the crowds were heading to bagcheck.

DSC06139_zps0yvqu7mx.jpg

Oh my:scared1:

DSC06140_zps3ebtrqfd.jpg

Let's look a little closer.. yikes...:scared1::scared1:

DSC06143_zps5edwvbrx.jpg

DSC06141_zpssatjzz3o.jpg

DSC06142_zpsgicpdgtn.jpg

I made myself comfortable :)

DSC06145_zpsxdae3trb.jpg

Bye bye Magic Kingdom, see you later.

Last edited:
DSC06147_zpspcoe2uti.jpg

DSC06150_zpsw7fxwame.jpg

We made it to our lunch destination.

DSC06151_zpsacmzdz4i.jpg

We had a 12:30 reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I had eaten there several years ago and loved it, so I thought it would be something new for him to try.

We ended up at the Wilderness Lodge around 11:15. Yes we were early but it felt nice to get away from the crowds for a bit and to decompress a little. Especially after having seen the crowds that were just heading in.

We walked around for a little bit and hit the giftshop (I love me some magnets:lovestruc )

DSC06156_zpsxswxivys.jpg

DSC06157_zps6necnylk.jpg

After some shopping and walking around we found a couch in the lobby to rested… I may have closed my eyes for a minute or two. It was nice and cool and comfy. ::yes::
DSC06153_zpsxflc808g.jpg

DSC06159_zpsyqrifxgr.jpg

I went to check in a bit before 12 and she gave me a buzzer and said wait nearby and wait. I went back to sit down on the couch with my Dad and not even 2 minutes later it buzzed..

We were seated and shortly after our server came by. She said her name was Sunshine because she's “obnoxious and in your face” :laughing: I knew about the bottomless milkshakes so I knew that’s what I was getting. My Dad wanted one too… he got strawberry and I got caramel.

72ad24e1-0d06-41a5-86d1-5ee95441683a_zpswwbb7okf.jpg

My Dad was having a good time laughing at the extra large cups and ketchup stuff ha ha. We ordered the platter knowing that it was going to be a bunch of food, but wanted to see how big of a dent we could make. We polished off the cornbread in 5 minutes, man that was good.

When our server came back around with the food my Dad joked and told her to put it in front of him. Well our server being herself ha ha, got snarky with my Dad, served me food first and told my Dad to feed himself. We couldn’t stop laughing about it. :laughing::lmao:

Of course that meant I didn’t get a picture of the food. But I caught one on round two :)
DSC06162_zps7pt48bq2.jpg

We were enjoying our food and relaxing. In the meantime two groups were seated next to us. An elderly group at one table and a group of men looking awfully snappy. Our server went up to the elderly couple first and took their order and when she came back one man said something and she told him to just sit and wait for it. The look on his face… :laughing:

Man I wish I could have taken a picture of his face. The woman next to him looked just as shocked then a minute or 2 later started laughing and then the man did too. During all this the server just kept on talking to us, while my Dad and I were giggling.

Since we were on the dining plan we got dessert but boy oh boy did that seem impossible. She said we could take it to go but we decided to try to eat it there… why because we haven’t learned our lesson apparently.
I got the cheesecake my Dad got the chocolate gooey cake.. I expected a ginormous piece of cake but thankfully it was perfect sized.

0774b2e7-f9a6-43b7-8995-6e8e87398668_zpswcncr3iv.jpg

During the meal we had talked to our server about this being a father/daughter trip and how we were celebrating life. My Dad joked that me being his only daughter I get my way for everything and spend my Dad’s money ha ha. She reminded me to keep my Dad on his toes :) and to keep spending his money. She had already given us our check and I said “oh here” and started to take off my magic band. She said oh no hurry. Then she looked over her shoulder at the snappy guys behind us and she said “they can wait, they work for the company”. I knew it. We had been trying to listen in on their conversation all lunch and didn’t catch much. Maybe years from now some development will come about and they will say it came up at lunch one day and I’ll say I was there :thumbsup2

We cashed out our bill and left a tip and walked back to the boat.

DSC06165_zpsonqrqs8h.jpg

Man this view is something I can stare at for hours…

We thought about heading back into the park but instead we called it an afternoon. Plus those crowds seemed a bit much.

We got back to the bus stop by 2 and were back at the room around 3. We lounged around, refilled mugs, and charged phones for a little bit. According to my fitbit though I took a nap :goodvibes We decided to head back around 5:30ish since we had a fastpass window opening at 6:40.

We get to the bus stop and see a bit of a line :crowded:

IMG_2834_zpsdkp8d23y.jpg

We get closer to the front realizing we might make it on this one if we stand, just as the double bus pulls up. One bus leaves and the other shows up. That’s one thing about this trip was leaving the resorts there were always buses, leaving the park however, that’s another story ha ha.

We got on our bus and made it to the Magic Kingdom by 6:20.

DSC06166_zpsi7mlgfx5.jpg

We had sometime until our fastpass opened up so of course we stopped for a photopass ::yes::

And I ended up with some of my favorite pictures (how many times have I said that ha ha)

MK_MSFIRSTA_7637902064_zps70ljsfco.jpeg

MK_MSFIRSTA_7637902067_zps7qzup0xa.jpeg

MK_MSFIRSTA_7637902070_zps3zsriqlf.jpeg

:lovestruc
We got a lot of compliments during the trip about our buttons. But this was the first CM to really talk to us about why we were celebrating life.

We thanked her for our pictures and off we went. Our fastpass window was open but we wanted to wait a bit and ride Big Thunder later in the evening… I love the ride at night. We used our fastpass about 7ish and afterwards decided to sit and relax. We got some churros, found a little ledge to sit on and people watch for a bit.

IMG_2837_zpszlyiv0jv.jpg

DSC06170_zpsv1ov6ea5.jpg

DSC06168_zpsdakl9wjh.jpg

My Dad kept asking me "Do I look funny?" Apparently everyone kept looking at him as they walked by. I told him maybe they're not Rangers fans, I know the few Capitals or Flyers fans I saw this trip I stuck my tongue out at them (cause I'm a grown up :laughing:) A little after 8 we start walking over to New Fantasyland. We use our fastpasses which is nice otherwise the wait time would have been 120 minutes.

We made it to the front of the line and we ended up row 10 :) last row yay. I really wanted to see how this ride would be from the back row…

I think my face on this picture says it best :rotfl:
MK_MINETRAIN_7638008329_zpsz3ngt86t.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7638008334_zpsqqhoeoi8.jpeg

I was dancing but you can't tell ha ha

Afterwards we decided to find some dinner since it was 8:30 and the evening plan was to see the Electrical Parade. Since Columbia Harbor House was close that's where we ended up. We ordered and I grabbed the drinks and went upstairs to find a table. I found a little 2 top near the railing.

I got the shrimp because next to tuna that’s the only seafood I like and my Dad got the tuna sandwich.

DSC06172_zpsddmysita.jpg

60D665B8-A76E-47CC-B61D-41035DD70710_zpstjrct8rx.jpg

I got a sweet tea to drink because apparently I’ve lived in Arkansas long enough to drink only that now ha ha and my Dad got a water bottle. We were eating our food and somehow my Dad’s water bottle ended up against the ledge and he was trying to put the lid back on and his butterfingers missed. Over the ledge the little green goes flying… we both winced and prepared for someone to say ouch but thankfully we heard a bounce :duck::scared::laughing:

I picked at the coleslaw, which was kinda saddening because I love coleslaw, all kinds. I even eat the school cafeteria one. But this one was just bland and tastes like it had been sitting in the fridge for a few days. I picked at the berry cobbler and it was pretty good but I was just too full, so I barely made a dent in it.

We made it out the door with the intention of finding a spot for the Electrical Parade. On the way out we saw the bottle lid and giggled as we went by. We went out the door and notice water falling on the walkway in front of us. Ah man rain?? We walked a few more feet and it stopped. It wasn’t rain, it was water coming off the roof of Columbia Harbor House that looked just like rain.. Weird.

We found a spot right across from Liberty Tree Tavern (the same spot as the year before). My Dad was wearing his Rangers shirt and the man next to him was a fan and him and I Dad started talking. I tell my Dad I was going to run to the bathroom since the Electrical Parade wasn't until 10 and it was barely 8:45. On my way back past Columbia Harbor House, people were wearing ponchos. I guess the faux rain was confusing everyone :)

When I made it back to our spot my Dad looked at me and said “Where did you go?” :confused3:lmao: um the bathroom like I just told you ha ha. Apparently he was in deep conversation with his hockey friend about how horrible the Rangers defense was and how bad of an idea it was to trade Duclair to Phoenix, that he didn’t hear me tell him I was leaving.

9:00 rolls around and the fireworks start, it was still a good little spot to see them. But I still like New Fantsayland more :)

My Dad’s new hockey friend bid farewell after the fireworks and we went back to people watching, it passes the time quickly.

I sent a selfie to my Mom so she would know what we were doing.
IMG_3006_zpsyvkmxibt.jpg

The area around us and in front of us started filling up.
DSC06173_zpsnsybwchr.jpg

The normal pre-parade stuff happened, CM’s told people not to sit on the railing, they don’t listen so they tell them again, bands came by and I’m thinking that one of them was from Arkansas but I can’t remember from where though.

10:30ish rolls around and that familiar sound starts and the lights fade out.

DSC06178_zpsvxuwmozb.jpg

DSC06179_zpsgbh7udkv.jpg

DSC06186_zpsmysdh36i.jpg

DSC06187_zps0vryrlow.jpg

DSC06207_zps3hlgvyvk.jpg

DSC06210_zpswfhscgaa.jpg

DSC06214_zpsodd9viud.jpg

Again, I really do love that parade. Yes it’s outdated and they could probably have a new nighttime parade but I just have a special place in my heart for this one :) :lovestruc

The park was open until 2 am but we’re too old for that kind of thing ha ha so we decided to call it a night and head out.

But first a photopass picture :)
MK_MSCINEMA_7638107349_zpsgwcr3z7y.jpeg

We bid goodnight to MK and joined the madness that is the bus stop for POP at 11:30 at night.

IMG_2849_zpsaimiewzm.jpg

The line wrapped around and spilled over until the empty bus space next to us. It took about 45 minutes from when we got into line until we got on a bus which in reality for as busy as it was, wasn’t that bad. There was a group of teenagers that every time a bus drove by they would scream and jump up and down. I think they just assumed that just because they wanted the bus to stop they would.

It ended up being about 12:30 by the time we got back to the room. I showered, called my Mom and according to my fitbit was in bed asleep by 1:00am.

IMG_3011_zpsdlgs2wki.png

I love you included your fitbit readings. We were there around the same time as you and are heading back in June but seeing your readings my legs are aching just thinking about all the standing and walking lol. I plan to wear mine for the first time and June so I guess I'll know exactly how many steps turns legs into moving stumps.

All caught up. I love all your pictures. I think it's very special that you get to travel with your dad. He seems to be the perfect travel companion. He seems to go with the flow and enjoys the experience just as much as you.

I love you included your fitbit readings. We were there around the same time as you and are heading back in June but seeing your readings my legs are aching just thinking about all the standing and walking lol. I plan to wear mine for the first time and June so I guess I'll know exactly how many steps turns legs into moving stumps.
Oh yeah the step count was up there for sure some days. Thankfully I have a job that keeps me on my feet all day. I average about 9,000 or 10,000 steps by the end of the day with all the walking in my classroom, then I go to the gym. On most days I can end with 18,000. So thankfully my feet were used to walking :) The standing wasn't as bad as it has been, plus it wasn't as hot so I think that really takes away from the miserableness of standing all day. That's the thing with Spring Break is you never really know what kind of weather you're going to get and that can make or break how you feel I think. Have fun! My friend is going at the beginning of June :)
All caught up. I love all your pictures. I think it's very special that you get to travel with your dad. He seems to be the perfect travel companion. He seems to go with the flow and enjoys the experience just as much as you.
Thanks! :wave2: I'm no photo expert by any means but every now and then I take one that I'm really happy with. My Dad and I are really close and I love that. Since I'm an only child, all I've ever really had are my parents growing up and now they are some of my closest friends too. We always joke because all of the trips we took when I was younger, it was my Dad who planned and organized everything. So now it's my turn. He always says "it's up to you, I'm just the follower" Which actually makes for a pretty stress free trip. :thumbsup2

I am really enjoying your trip report! Fellow teacher, here. It does allow for patience with masses of adults who sometimes behave like kids, right? I didn't realize Sleepy Hollow serves a strawberry waffle! Nutella is not for me, and I have never noticed that option. I feel like I should go make a to-do list on my phone, inspired by your list, and put that on there!

I am really enjoying your trip report! Fellow teacher, here. It does allow for patience with masses of adults who sometimes behave like kids, right? I didn't realize Sleepy Hollow serves a strawberry waffle! Nutella is not for me, and I have never noticed that option. I feel like I should go make a to-do list on my phone, inspired by your list, and put that on there!
Thanks!! :wave2: Seriously! I don't know how many times I used the teacher face on complete strangers :laughing: Sometimes it has worked though ::yes:: :laughing:
I love my to-do list it's always something I add to whenever I read other peoples trip reports or watch youtube. It gives me a plan or to-do list on my trip :goodvibes

Update time yay. Yesterday marked the last day of school! :woohoo:
giphy%2014_zpsaewue4ko.gif

Technically summer vacation doesn't start until wednesday, we have professional development on Monday all day and teacher workday/ packing up my classroom tuesday. So it's close.. almost summer! I'll be able to finish this up and hopefully start planning next years trip too. It's never really too early to start is it? :thumbsup2

Day 6 - EPCOT & Downtown Disney/Disney Springs
Thursday March 24th

The alarm went off at 6:00 and I was out of bed and getting ready a few minutes later. We got all our stuff and made it to the bus stop by 7:00. We were off to EPCOT for another extra magic hours.

It was such a pretty morning :lovestruc

Safe to say it was a pretty busy morning already…

I had been trying all week so far to get a picture of the entrance.

This was the closest I got, not too bad I guess.

That’s a little better :)

We made to through security and found a nice little spot to wait by 7:30ish
We discussed the plans for the day.

Our fastpasses for the morning were:
Test Track 9:00-10:00
Spaceship Earth 10:00-11:00
Figment 11:10-12:10

A bit before 9 they let us in and we decided that our plan was standby on Mission Space.

IMG_2858_zpsyeozaccz.jpg
[

We wimped out like we always do… We went green mission.

We were done with our mission about 8:15ish so we decided to partake in our favorite pastime, people watching :thumbsup2

We found our little spot that we usually park ourself and passed the time.

A little after 9 we used our fastpass, thankfully because the standby was already at 90 at 9:00am.

Our car is so cute and purple :) :thumbsup2

My Dad scanned his magicband for our pretty purple car and I re scanned my band and it still had the last one, surprisingly both of them did a decent job ha ha :drive:

When we were done we thought about heading towards the Land and grabbing a bite since we hadn’t eaten and still had sometime until our 12:35 lunch reservation.

Since when did they stop serving breakfast? :confused3 We couldn’t find any so we found something to tie ourselves over.

It was around 10:30 so we decided to head towards Spaceship Earth to use our fastpass.

I decided to take some pictures since our postcard didn’t work last time

We had a fastpass for Figment but we still had sometime until it opened so we again.. People watched :thumbsup2

11:30 rolls around and off to visit Figment we go. I seriously love that purple dragon :lovestruc

It was 11:45 and we decided to take some pictures and hang out until lunch.

We got a little sidetracked and I finally got to check something off my list :)

DSC06248_zpsbknkge99.jpg

The plan was to walk around and not stray too far. Well I got sidetracked of course haha

DSC06252_zpszgb4tp0a.jpg

DSC06253_zps1uuizykm.jpg

DSC06256_zps06o4fd0z.jpg

DSC06258_zpsrcqkhwff.jpg

DSC06260_zpsptbatskm.jpg

DSC06262_zpswpstt46r.jpg

DSC06264_zpsg8hkgceu.jpg

DSC06261_zpsindkml1q.jpg

DSC06254_zpskmqxz2jt.jpg

I was so excited to meet Big Al!! I was in line to meet Mr. Penguin but he left to help Mary Poppins and never came back ha ha

We decided it was about time to head back so we could check in for lunch. We checked in around 12:30 for our 12:35 Le Cellier reservation and were called back a few minutes later.

We were seated 2 tables away from where we sat the last 2 years.

We explained to our server, who was less then friendly, I’ll just put it that way, that we were on the dining plan. She scanned my band and said “hmm there doesn’t seem to be enough credits” Wait what?? Apparently we only had 3. How in the world could we only have 3?? What do we do? We’re not walking out? She really didn’t seem to care about what happened or offer another option about going to talk to someone or anything. So we decide yes we want to eat here so we’ll just pay for it and maybe figure it out later. Ugh I felt horrible. It was my problem. I should have checked the receipts and make sure that they charged us correctly for meals but in all the other years past never have I had a problem. Ugh :(

We order anyways and decide oh well guess we’ll just enjoy our meal anyways the best we could.

I ordered my usual, honestly I never tray from the norm here :)

A bowl of cheese soup and the filet mignon. My dad got the filet too but with broccoli instead of the risotto and the cream sauce.

The bread showed up shortly after and this hurried to take a picture of it before my Dad steals the pretzel bread like always.
DSC06267_zpseujqthnq.jpg

DSC06269_zpssrzpwt9n.jpg

DSC06271_zpsvfqzepme.jpg

Yummy!!! :lovestruc

976c1983-f94f-4985-bdbe-70c8473a56a3_zpsqbbn24wn.jpg

I ended up getting the Nanaimo Pie for dessert. It was pretty good. I ate it but it didn’t leave a lasting impression on me.

We paid for one meal and dessert out of pocket and off we went.

Since this was our only real day at EPCOT we decided to make it a slow walk around World Showcase.

Somehow we made it to 2:00 and haven’t taken a photopass picture yet

EPCOT_WRLDSHW1_7638504288_zpson8ykuhj.jpeg

We made it to France with the idea of getting a macaroon my Dad had said he wanted to try one and I knew there was one out for Flower & Garden so we stopped there, bought 1 to share, and found a place to sit.
DSC06277_zpsybpbblwt.jpg

It was good. Not something I must have again.. But I marked it off my Disney List :)

We noticed a photopass person near by so we went to visit him

IMG_2991_zpsreumkiky.jpg

I ended up getting pocky and strawberry candy.. nothing to adventurous :)

I almost bought a stuffed Totoro because I love him, but I passed it up again. They had one on clearance because he was a little dirty but it was still $20 some dollars.

EPCOT_WSCJAPANICON_7638555230_zpsq8adxo0g.jpeg

Hey look another photopass person! :)

And some frushi :)

We made our way around to Germany, with the plan of stopping next in Norway.

Why Norway, school bread of course. I went inside and grabbed one to share and my Dad found a table for us to sit at :)

Yummy :lovestruc

Afterwards we went to go say hi to the troll and get our annual picture

Our next stop was Mexico for my margarita whoot whoot
DSC06286_zps9b2w2ds4.jpg

I got the cucumber one and boy oh boy was it tasty. I drank about half of it and we decided to move on to get me a violet lemonade

89a71292-68b1-4812-8f7e-b7c6546c53f8_zpswiql8uco.jpg

We decided to make it an afternoon, I wanted to hit Mouse Gears on the way out and do some shopping.

But first… photopass :)

Again.. One of my favorite pictures!! :lovestruc

I ran into Mouse Gears with the plan of grabbing the Tervis Flower & Garden cup and the Flower & Garden Dooney & Bourke bag. I grabbed the cup and went to find the bags and the purses were all sold out.. I ended up getting the wristlet/wallet/baby purse one.

I used the Christmas money my Nana & Grandpa give us every year.

IMG_2907_zpswjahxkl5.jpg

We bid farewell to EPCOT this trip.

We were at the bus stop by 4:45 and 3 minutes later a bus rolls up

A nice quiet bus ride back :)

We got back to POP and I decided to stop at the front desk and see if they had some insight as to what happened to our table service credits and how we got shortchanged one somewhere along the way.

I explained to the CM what had happened. She looked into it and said “yeah I see what happened” Apparently when the computers were down at 50’s the other day, Apparently when the computers were back up we were charged for our meal and then some. I’m not sure how but we were charged for 3 meals and then a tip on top of the tip we already left.

The CM refunded the extra credit that was used and applied it to Le Cellier for lunch and refunded the cost of the meal out of pocket to my account and refunded the extra tip that was applied.

In the end it all worked out I guess but that’s one thing about everyone having a magic band & it being all done with technology. The computers crash and bam everything falls apart.

We went back to the room to hangout for a bit before heading to Disney Spring/It’s going to always be Downtown Disney to me :)

We got to the bus stop at 5:30 and thankfully we found a seat because it was filling up fast :crowded:

IMG_2908_zpsjf9mb1xg.jpg

We got downtown and headed to Earl of Sandwich for dinner. Right as the rain clouds opened up. My Dad went to get a table and I got in line. There were people everywhere. I don’t know if I’m getting old and cranky or what but the teenage boys in front of us were annoying. I don’t understand having to yell that loud :mad::confused3:laughing: I tell the kids in my classroom all the time, if the person you are talking to is across the street then ok you can yell, otherwise if you can see their face, there is no reason to be yelling ha ha.

I order our sandwiches, get our chips, my cup, my Dad’s water, and the buzzer and navigate my way around to my Dad at the table. I go and fill up my cup as the buzzer goes off. I grab my sandwich bag and again try to navigate my way around people. The horde of teenage boys that were in front of me couldn’t find a table big enough inside for them and since no one was eating outside everyone was trying to find any surface to eat off of, the boys ended up eating on top of the trashcans.

The rain was really coming down outside

I screenshotted it a bit later, but you can see what came through a few hours ago, right at dinner time.

So what sandwich did I get???

Of course!

The picture doesn’t do it justice :) man I love that sandwich

We were a little 2 top next to a family of about 10 with 6 or so adults and the rest were kids. There wasn’t enough chairs at the table for everyone so the adults were standing up and there was a little baby at the end of the table who was just having a good old time playing with the napkins and stuff on the table.

Eventually the baby found the sandwich sitting right at the end of the table…..

We leaned over and told the adults about what had happened. They were upset, the little baby however was as happy as can be and didn’t have a care in the world about the sandwich that is now sitting on the floor.

We were pretty much done with our dinner and the rain was a little sprinkle and of course I forgot the ponchos back at the hotel… we were going to have to huff it to the next stop.

We ran to the bathrooms first and then huffed it to the Co-Op. I looked around and nothing screamed buy me and I didn’t really want to take my time because I knew that the clouds could open up again and I didn’t want to get caught in it.

Next stop was world of Disney. Gracious it was packed, the rain really pushed people inside.

I grabbed a few things for myself and for friends then we paid and were off to the next stop. Basin. My Dad who hates smelly things actually went inside with me, I’m guessing because he didn’t want to get wet and chance getting sick.

I grabbed one of the little canisters and filled it up., paid and we were on our way. The sprinkles were starting to pick up so we huffed it to Goofy’s Candy Co, made our purchases and walked back to the bus stop.

The way the bus stops have moved around we were against the railing getting sprinkled on. Thankfully we were the second group of people in line when the bus pulled up. We loaded up and made our way back to the resort. Right as the clouds opened up. I guess now is a time to be thankful for a preferred room.

We made it to our room, showered, packed up my park bag for tomorrow. Sadly tomorrow as also our last park day :( so I started moving some things around into my suitcase.

It was about midnight-ish when I went to sleep and the alarm was set for 5 for a 6:00 am bus call for a 7:00am Extra Magic Hours :)

My steps for the day
IMG_3012_zpsu4dkgsuw.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter