Hey lady with the double wide stroller...

Rude people with strollers
Rude people without strollers
Rude people cutting lines
Rude people putting their kids on shoulders at parades
Rude people driving
Rude people walking
Rude people using flashes on dark rides
Rude people using iPads as cameras right in front of your face
Etc. etc. etc.

Afraid they're everywhere. All shapes sizes genders ages and nationalities

Do like the PP's idea of 'falling ' into the stroller though. :)

One of my favorite memories from Disney is a woman running over my grandfathers foot with a stroller-when he reacted she said "you gotta do what you gotta do!"

He's been gone for 19 years, but every time we're there we have to quote it.

Sometimes the rude people create funny lasting memories!

Rude people with strollers Rude people without strollers Rude people cutting lines Rude people putting their kids on shoulders at parades Rude people driving Rude people walking Rude people using flashes on dark rides Rude people using iPads as cameras right in front of your face Etc. etc. etc. Afraid they're everywhere. All shapes sizes genders ages and nationalities Do like the PP's idea of 'falling ' into the stroller though. :)

Thank you, that's all I was saying. I know that *we* are very careful with the stroller, but other people use them as battering rams. I know most people wouldn't step over a stroller, but some people do. I was in no way implying that the OP was at fault or stepped in front of the stroller. It was more of a, 'people are unbelievable and we had this crazy experience because someone else had to push their way through instead of wading through the crowd like everyone else.'

On our last visit to Epcot, we encountered a family with a double stroller. Walking abreast the stroller were the dad, mom, one small child, an older woman and an older child - 10ish. No one from the family would step aside to allow anyone walking in the opposite direction to pass. They just continued walking and talking to each other. You had to step completely around them. I just thought that was very inconsiderate of others.

On our last visit to Epcot, we encountered a family with a double stroller. Walking abreast the stroller were the dad, mom, one small child, an older woman and an older child - 10ish. No one from the family would step aside to allow anyone walking in the opposite direction to pass. They just continued walking and talking to each other. You had to step completely around them. I just thought that was very inconsiderate of others.
For people like that, I stop completely. I refuse to move. They either step apart to allow me to pass, or we stand there forever. :dance3:

Just a note, I have never been left standing forever. They always move.

I didn't say every walker is considerate. I think I actually said close to the opposite.
People need to realize others are just going about minding their own business. You can't expect them to be on the lookout for you.

When you are in a large mob of people, you do need to be on the lookout. Not just for strollers, but for small children that may be walking. Or for anything that may trip you. You can mind your own business and pay attention to your surroundings at the same time, and that is the smart thing to do.

I got rammed leaving Epcot a few years ago and it wasn't closing time so there wasn't a huge crowd, but it was close walking. But, the reason it happened is that someone was letting their 5 or 6 year old push the empty stroller. Seriously? What I love is how no one ever apologizes, but they get defensive when you turn around and look at them. Wow. I would have made my child apologize, but then I didn't let my child push their empty stroller and by 3, neither of my boys was in a stroller, anywhere, even at WDW.

And, as for walking side by side and not moving over, I really don't get that. Each direction gets ONE HALF of the walkway, period, no matter how many people you are with. Stay to the right and act like there is a solid yellow line down the middle. It's just common courtesy and common sense.

I used to drive my double stroller better than I drive my car.:lmao:

Kidding.

BUT...Not everyone with a stroller is like that and not everyone walking is asking to get run over.

Rude people are everywhere and in every situation. Heck, some people probably aren't even meaning to be rude or inconsiderate. It's easy to get overwhelmed and lost in everything going around you.

Stroller people aren't any more or less rude than anyone else. But, the existence of the stroller amplifies the rudeness impact. It's like the bad driver in a Civic vs a bad driver in a tractor-trailer. They may be equally bad, but the consequences are different.

Nah, you need not have stepped around them. You just stand your ground, and let one of them risk walking into a carefully placed elbow. They'll scatter.

For people like that, I stop completely. I refuse to move. They either step apart to allow me to pass, or we stand there forever. :dance3:

Just me, I have never been left standing forever. They always move.

I have found someone like me. I will stand there and stare them down until they go around me. You get 3 abreast max.

I have been stroller rammed twice, on purpose. I don't have time to write HOW I know it was on purpose, but each time I knew 100% that it was. Zero doubt. Both times were in MK and both times the stroller was empty, and was being used to shove through a crowd. One woman wanted to get past the slow bottleneck and one woman wanted to fight against the crowd flow leaving after Wishes. In both cases, I had nowhere to go, so I was unable to dodge them. Thankfully, I tend to wear heavy athletic shoes in the parks, so it didn't hurt too much. But it made me mad to be purposely hit and I was just glad it wasn't my child.

So I kicked both of them in the ankle as they passed me. Hard. I don't regret it. When they looked at me, I gave the look that let them know I was aware of what they had done and the kick was my response. They let it go.

If I had thought it was an accident, I'd have never kicked them. But they both made it clear what they were doing.

So I kicked both of them in the ankle as they passed me. Hard. I don't regret it. When they looked at me, I gave the look that let them know I was aware of what they had done and the kick was my response. They let it go.

If I had thought it was an accident, I'd have never kicked them. But they both made it clear what they were doing.

Wow. :sad2: If someone is a jerk you don't respond by being a bigger jerk. Just makes you worse than them. I understand the temptation, but to actually do it. Just wow.

Wow. :sad2: If someone is a jerk you don't respond by being a bigger jerk. Just makes you worse than them. I understand the temptation, but to actually do it. Just wow.

Unfortunately, that's what the bullies of this world count on. That the rest of us will be civilized, lie down and take it whenever they want to tromp all over us.

Unfortunately, that's what the bullies of this world count on. That the rest of us will be civilized, lie down and take it whenever they want to tromp all over us.

Yup, I have no trouble putting the bullies in their place :thumbsup2

Sounds to me like the stroller lady intentionally caused pain for that purpose - to get a few feet farther down Main Street? She found out in this case that actions are not without consequences. Maybe there would be fewer bullies if their behavior was treated like Newtons Third Law "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Sounds to me like the stroller lady intentionally caused pain for that purpose - to get a few feet farther down Main Street? She found out in this case that actions are not without consequences. Maybe there would be fewer bullies if their behavior was treated like Newtons Third Law "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Oooooo, I like that!

Why? If you are without any doubt that you were attacked on purpose it is called defending yourself and you have every right to do so. Let the bully know that there are people out there who will fight back and a kick in the ankle might be the least of it. Someone who would injure another person on purpose just to get her/his way has no honor and when someone does not fight back it only bolsters their entitled opinion about themselves.
Good for you EMom for not being a pushover to bullies. Perhaps you saved other unsuspecting people from having this happen to them.:thumbsup2

On our first trip a woman rammed me repeatedly with a stroller (with her child in it) as we were entering MK. I was going through the stroller gate at the turnstiles and I guess she wanted me to "hurry up" so she could get through?

I turned around and asked her to stop, but the poor CM had to squeeze between us and close the gate on her (all the while she kept ramming more deliberately). She didn't appear to speak English and I guess she didn't realize each person had to scan their ticket, but I really can't see either of those as an excuse for not knowing that it's inappropriate to purposely hit people.

Just wow, my rear end. When I was about 12 years old, I learned to stand up to bullies and I have been doing it ever since. No one runs over me, literally or figuratively. Period. The bullies of the world will mow you over (sometimes with an empty stroller) until you give it right back. If I had just let those two plow into me with no consequences, I would have been ashamed of myself. I would not be surprised if they at least give it a little thought before they stroller ram people in the future. They had the ankle kicks coming. They made conscious decisions to run my feet over, so I kicked them. That is what I do. I defend myself. I do my dead level best to not take crap from bullies. I don't shove people out of the way, and I will not tolerate them doing so to me. Bullies rely on others taking what they dish out. They COUNT on it.

I didn't call anyone who lets a stroller rammer continue along without consequences a coward, but you call me worse than the actual stroller rammer because I stand up to the bully. That is just bizarre. Does that mean you ARE a stroller rammer? Hmmm....

Look, you can let them plow you down and ram into your kids until they are bloody, while you tell the rammers they are meanies and bad, bad people who don't deserve fairy dust. See where that gets you. They will roll their eyes and keep moving. Your kids will still be bloody. My way, I have stood up for myself and given them food for thought.

Just wow, my rear end. When I was about 12 years old, I learned to stand up to bullies and I have been doing it ever since. No one runs over me, literally or figuratively. Period. The bullies of the world will mow you over (sometimes with an empty stroller) until you give it right back. If I had just let those two plow into me with no consequences, I would have been ashamed of myself. I would not be surprised if they at least give it a little thought before they stroller ram people in the future. They had the ankle kicks coming. They made conscious decisions to run my feet over, so I kicked them. That is what I do. I defend myself. I do my dead level best to not take crap from bullies. I don't shove people out of the way, and I will not tolerate them doing so to me. Bullies rely on others taking what they dish out. They COUNT on it.

I didn't call anyone who lets a stroller rammer continue along without consequences a coward, but you call me worse than the actual stroller rammer because I stand up to the bully. That is just bizarre. Does that mean you ARE a stroller rammer? Hmmm....

Look, you can let them plow you down and ram into your kids until they are bloody, while you tell the rammers they are meanies and bad, bad people who don't deserve fairy dust. See where that gets you. They will roll their eyes and keep moving. Your kids will still be bloody. My way, I have stood up for myself and given them food for thought.

:thumbsup2

:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter