Hey - I'm the first to post!!

Here and the restaurant boards are my haunts on the DIS.

I do occasionally venture further afeild but there seem to be more arguments on some of the boards.

I didn't realise that about the DIBB. I do sometimes post on there but this is my 'home' board.

I didn't realise that about the DIBB. I do sometimes post on there but this is my 'home' board.

It was news to me too. But it seems to be pretty amicable or I am totally naive. A fair number of people seem to be members of both, which can only be a good thing I would imagine. I never really go on there. I'm not registered there and I get all my info and laughs on here. :cool1:

Thought I would bring this one back and see if any of the posters are still on the boards and still disney fans not sure how I found this thread just messing on my iPod :)

Thanks for posting this memory jogger - there are a couple of names that are real blasts from the past ! :grouphug:

I assume Wideeyes means the Ascending and Descending order of posts bit, can set it to show all threads ever and as this was the first thread...

The UK forums were a bit complicated back then as they actually lived in 2 places at once. There was a version where everyone hung out together on a co.uk domain and then there were another set here which were pretty much dead.

Unfortunately the server that the co.uk boards were hosted on died a death and so everyone migrated back to this version on the main DIS. Some people preferred being in a little 'Brit Community' rather than part of a multi-national site...they all went off and started the DIBB.

One of the things I most remember from then is all the angst when the co.uk server died, and lots of people got in a knot about losing their post count when we migrated to the disboards.com server. ;)

Thanks for posting this memory jogger - there are a couple of names that are real blasts from the past ! :grouphug:

One of the things I most remember from then is all the angst when the co.uk server died, and lots of people got in a knot about losing their post count when we migrated to the disboards.com server. ;)

why what difference did the post count make?

I have been on the dibb a few times but if i have a question to ask i will always ask it on the DIS :) I just find i get much better answers and people are more willing to go out of their way to help with something or try and find answers for you.

I used to post a lot on the weddings board too, as i had a WDW wedding between that board and the UK ones the help i got with planning my wedding was invaluable!

Oh yeah, heh, I'd forgotten about that bit!

why what difference did the post count make?

Well, I think anyone with a high post count has a certain reason to be proud - it shows they're a regular contributor and been around a while etc. I don't think there was anyone who wasn't a bit sad that so many posts had been eaten by a fried hard drive, but I think perhaps (and this is not said to judge or anything) some folks felt a certain loss in status. That all their posts had been for nothing, etc.

Of course that's not true because many, many people over the years had been given help and advice and had great WDW trips as a result and nothing could take that away. But...yeah. Not everyone felt so pragmatic about it.

... I think perhaps (and this is not said to judge or anything) some folks felt a certain loss in status. That all their posts had been for nothing, etc.

Of course that's not true because many, many people over the years had been given help and advice and had great WDW trips as a result and nothing could take that away. But...yeah. Not everyone felt so pragmatic about it.

Very well put :) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter