***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Ordered 3 guidebooks for 2017 and the first one arrived today! Yes!!! Almost time to plan full force! :hyper:

Reading reports that WDW is pretty crazy crowded this week!
I expect that around this time in October, with fall breaks and Columbus Day.
That's why next year we are going 10/25 - 11/3. Hoping the fall break crowds will be gone by the weekend before we arrive and the Jersey week/Veterans Day/Food and Wine Marathon crowds don't start until the weekend we leave!

oh my goodness! Had to share. I'm trying out different cocktails for a "signature" drink at Thanksgiving...this is a pear vodka, amaretto, spiced simple syrup (brown sugar, water, all spice, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean and orange zest) and a bit of lemon juice. DELICIOUS!!!! The pear is great and it tastes like the holidays, but not too sweet. :)

14732130_1864327740468706_5005259855131304190_n(1).jpg

Count me in for October 2017. I will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter October 1-8 with my DS13 (will be 14 by then). I will most definitely be doing the MNSSHP-maybe for 2 parties. I felt rushed at our MHP this year at Disneyland and since I love Halloween so much I think we might splurge to go twice so I can be sure I see everything without feeling rushed.

Reading reports that WDW is pretty crazy crowded this week!
I expect that around this time in October, with fall breaks and Columbus Day.
That's why next year we are going 10/25 - 11/3. Hoping the fall break crowds will be gone by the weekend before we arrive and the Jersey week/Veterans Day/Food and Wine Marathon crowds don't start until the weekend we leave!

It was the same this second week of October in Disneyland-people on that side of the boards were posting about some crazy crowds so I was so glad I went the prior week where crowds were only about a 6/7 out of 10. My October break is the first 2 weeks of October so I booked the first week again and I'm hoping that crowds aren't too bad.

Count me in for October 2017. I will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter October 1-8 with my DS13 (will be 14 by then). I will most definitely be doing the MNSSHP-maybe for 2 parties. I felt rushed at our MHP this year at Disneyland and since I love Halloween so much I think we might splurge to go twice so I can be sure I see everything without feeling rushed.

Welcome Welcome!!! I have added you to the list. :)

We can't decide if we want to do the party on Halloween itself, or the second night (Thursday) we are there. I'm leaning towards the second night we are there as that's a great way to start the trip and Halloween is nearing the end of our trip.....decisions decisions.

So so happy I found this thread today. We were all set to leave next month for 10 days at CBR. I have been planning a year and we were surprising our kids. I've been collecting shirts and our magic bands even arrived. Due to so many unexpected things this past month my husband and I made the decision to cancel. I bawled when I hit cancel. It sounds silly but I was just so invested and excited. So we've decided to go all out next October during their fall break and surprise them then. I'm going to take all the energy I was using stressing over this trip and try to make it positive for next year. I mean avitar land might be done right lol :). Anyways can't wait to plan with all of u!

We are going Sept 30-Oct 4th at CSR!!

So excited cause hubby said we are flying this time instead of a 10+ hour road trip.

oh my goodness! Had to share. I'm trying out different cocktails for a "signature" drink at Thanksgiving...this is a pear vodka, amaretto, spiced simple syrup (brown sugar, water, all spice, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean and orange zest) and a bit of lemon juice. DELICIOUS!!!! The pear is great and it tastes like the holidays, but not too sweet. :)

View attachment 201236

I will place my order for one right now. MMMM looks so yummy

Count us in. DH and I will be back for another year of Food & Wine and MNSSHP. We're staying at Boardwalk this time October 20-25. After leaving early this year to avoid Hurricane Matthew we opted to push our trip out a few weeks. The countdown has begun. 367 days and I can't wait!

So so happy I found this thread today. We were all set to leave next month for 10 days at CBR. I have been planning a year and we were surprising our kids. I've been collecting shirts and our magic bands even arrived. Due to so many unexpected things this past month my husband and I made the decision to cancel. I bawled when I hit cancel. It sounds silly but I was just so invested and excited. So we've decided to go all out next October during their fall break and surprise them then. I'm going to take all the energy I was using stressing over this trip and try to make it positive for next year. I mean avitar land might be done right lol :). Anyways can't wait to plan with all of u!

Sad to postpone, but think how happy you will be later! Welcome!

We are going Sept 30-Oct 4th at CSR!!

So excited cause hubby said we are flying this time instead of a 10+ hour road trip.

Flying isn't my favorite, but it certainly saves time. :) Welcome!

Count us in. DH and I will be back for another year of Food & Wine and MNSSHP. We're staying at Boardwalk this time October 20-25. After leaving early this year to avoid Hurricane Matthew we opted to push our trip out a few weeks. The countdown has begun. 367 days and I can't wait!

Yes, let's have no hurricanes next year! :rotfl: Welcome!

I've added you all to the list, hopefully we start growing and having more fun as it will be less than a year soon!

ahem...I wrote a song:

Plan, plan, I like to plan...:rockband:

That's it, please, hold the applause. :p

Okay, down to business. So my goal is to decide on one restaurant a month until it's time to make ADR's. What nights we will go to the restaurant will obviously depend on park times, etc., but at least I can know where we want to eat.

So this month we picked our arrival day dinner. Normally we stay at Beach Club so Epcot is our first park, but since this time we are staying at the Polynesian, Magic Kingdom will be our first park. So if everything goes according to plan (knock wood) we should arrive at resort by early afternoon. So later in the afternoon we will head over to Magic Kingdom, ride some rides and have our first dinner of the trip at Skipper Canteen! Never been there and actually have never had any table service at Magic Kingdom. Exciting!
Now for the other 8 dinners....

There are sooooo many factors to consider when planning the restaurants. UGH I have a lot of research to do. I would love to do one with outdoor seating in Epot during fireworks time.

My first step I think is to narrow down one TS and 1 QS in each park that I want to try, and then choose 4 more that I want to try regardless of park-like on there own merit because the food is so well reviewed and the type of stuff we like to eat.

I think I might do a lunch TS at HS since I think I'll end up doing a dessert party there.

I am tempted to do a full TS meal for breakfast once just to break it up and have a really good breakfast one day since my general plan is to do basic breakfasts using a snack credit and supplementing with foods delivered to the hotel in an Amazon Prime Pantry box.

Animal kingdom's best TS places seem to be in the resort rather than the park but if Rivers of Light ever opens up then all bets are off.

MK-well I know im doing Be Our Guest there even though people complain about the food not being good-I just love Beauty and the Beast so a dinner there is on my must do list.

Otherwise there is so much to decide my head is spinning.

And there is Food and Wine to consider. I almost wish there was less to choose from because there is almost too many choices. :drinking1popcorn:::confused3

OHG MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Alright people! We leave one year from tomorrow! :rotfl:

I don't know, I don't feel like such a freak trip planning so early once I hit the one year mark. ;)

Maybe more people will start booking now.

Alright people! We leave one year from tomorrow! :rotfl:

I don't know, I don't feel like such a freak trip planning so early once I hit the one year mark. ;)

Maybe more people will start booking now.

11 months and 1 week-but thats really just 156 days before I need to have my plan for ADRs. I'd call that not a moment too soon.

Not a moment too soon at all. I have 360 days. I only have 200 to get those ADRs figured out and on my spreadsheet. (Is it bad that I started that up the day after we left for home from our last trip?)

Last edited:
So I've been paying attention to the wait times since 10/25 - the weekdays actually didn't seem too bad to me, but I'm not one that gets upset over a 25 minute wait.
Today seems pretty rough, but it's a non-party day at MK and Food/Wine Saturday - those days are notoriously crowded, so heads up everyone!

I'm not worried, armed with the info that it may in fact be crowded when we go, we will be as prepared as possible and pleasantly surprised if it's less crowded!

But man, there are a LOT of refurbs/closures right now. Hopefully next year will have more new stuff open (Pandora!) and less closures. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter