• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey Doopy! Dat's mine! UPDATE 6/13 DHS/EPCOT DAY!!

hlrababy

Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with

“Hey Doopy!!! Dat’s mine!”

You hear that Doopy, I mean Goofy! That’s Hannah’s!

Well, here we are at another Hlrababy TR. Get ready because as all of you who have read mine before, you know there will be some laughs, possibly a little drama, but most of all……there is makeup involved!!!!!! Ha! Because someone is very smart now and that is the first thing that is put in the car, in her seat!

Let me do a few introductions before we get started just in case you are here for the first time.

My name is Heather, mom to 2 sweet, crazy girls and 1 incredible Disney loving (not as much as me) husband. We got engaged at Disney, went on our honeymoon in Disney, went back for our 1 year anniversary…well you get the drift.
Here is me and the hubster

521266_10151507087441318_1615889006_n.jpg

Along for the ride are my 2 sweet girls.

Hollie, my crafty 8 year old. She loves to attend art camp, drama camp (who would have thought that!) and she loves Disney! Her favorite ride at the moment is now Pirate’s. We will get to that later why her favorite ride is NOT Splash right now.

486205_10151335013056318_1280247195_n.jpg

Hannah, my wild 2 year old. She loves in no particular order: Indarella (Cindy), Doopy (Goofy),Belle, Mickey, Minnie, Donald…well she loves them all! Her favorite ride was Dumbo and the Tea Cups!

600197_10151342112401318_1696044981_n.jpg

207614_10151320599501318_593402155_n.jpg

Chad, my sometimes 3rd child! He is a fan of Mickey and Grumpy. Who would have thought he can act like both a different times. He is a stay-at-home dad. Not by choice, but he wouldn’t trade it for the world. In 2003 he hurt his back at work. He ended up having major back surgery in 2005 when Hollie was just 4 months old. Talk about a crazy time at our house. He was deemed totally disabled by his doctor a few years after that. So we get the luxury of one of us being home at all times.

Elaine, my MIL. She is a lover of Piglet and Minnie Mouse and also likes to be woken up by surprise wake-up calls around 3 in the morning. Courtesy of her sweet daughter-in-law!

Here is a picture of all of us at Chef Mickey’s

Photo0001FourBySix.jpg

I will be getting this TR started so I hope you all can join me for our crazy, wild ride!

I'm here for my GA BFF!!!!!! I can't wait 'til we can go back to WDW together. We miss you guys. :grouphug:

Love the shoe chair. Did you get it?

Hi Heather

I am joining in from Memom's report. I have read one of your reports before and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one. Your girls are gorgeous.

Take care

Okay, what better way to get started is to get started! Now, there won’t be many pictures in this update. Mainly because this is the day we leave for Disney.

This was originally not the day we were going to leave. We were going to leave on Tuesday, December 11th and that would start our stay at Pop. But, MIL has a friend she has had since they worked at Six Flags when it first opened who now works for Universal. She was going to give us some passes and we knew we had to fit those parks in. So we decided to go down a day early and stay around the Universal area and then go to Universal on Tuesday. So that is what we did!

I had sent Hollie to school and planned to get her out a little early. MIL was going to meet us near the interstate once we got on the road. I knew I could pick Hollie up after 11:30 so she would be counted for the day. I actually got there a little after that and they were in lunch. So I waited for her about 10 minutes then she came to the front. Now remember, she HAD NO CLUE where we were going! Hee hee
She asked me, “Mom where are we going!” I just told her we were taking her somewhere for her birthday. We got home and Chad had pretty much loaded everything up in my car. So all we really had to do was get the girls in their comfy clothes and take our dog to my parents house. We finally got on the road to leave our house around 12:30. This was also the time we told MIL we would meet her. Oops!

We dropped the dog off and saw my dad for a few minutes. We then went to my mom’s work so the girls could say bye to her as well. We finally got on the road and we ended up meeting MIL in Smyrna near the interstate. Now I had asked her to not tell the girls she was going with us because Hollie would have figured everything out. She pulled behind us as we were getting gas and the girls thought nothing o fit except that maybe she was on her lunch at work and just happened to be there. She pulled out towards the road to wait for us so she could follow us without them seeing her. By the time Chad was putting gas in the car, I was about to bust with wanting her to know about the trip. I had made up a little piece of paper with a hint, basically telling her she was going to Disney World. What a hint!! Ha ha I also had found a poem online and printed it off to see if she could guess where we were going. Here is a video of Hollie I took while reading the poem. There is actually a part 2 because for some reason I pushed the stop button.

http://youtu.be/Op3teVh8G3s

Part 2

http://youtu.be/VNUqKvRuJWs

LOL gotta love her guess to where we were going!

Here she is holding her hint

CAM00173.jpg

Here is Hannah looking on while eating a snack

CAM00174.jpg

So funny!!!

Now this is where the trip gets interesting. I know, I know what most of you who have read my trips are thinking. Oh great….what happens now!! Ha ha

About a week before we left to go on our trip, MIL was saying she thought she had a kidney stone. She was hurting, her back was hurting. She was a hot mess!!! She told me if she started hurting on the way down she wanted me to drive her car for her so she could ride with Chad. We ended up stopping for dinner around 5 ish and after we ate at the lovely IHOP, I gave her a break from driving because she was hurting. Chad hates her car! Me, I love it! She drives a cute, little Lexus SUV that has a sunroof and its just fun to me! So I opened up the sunroom, put in some of my Disney cd’s and off we went! We stopped at a rest stop an hour later and it just so happens we always end up at this rest stop. Chad refuses to get out of the car!! LOL He got out to throw away some trash and you would have thought his feet were on fire as fast as he went. Here, I took a picture of the sign for you!

CAM00179.jpg

Now this my friends, is where the part that is bound to happen will happen. We stopped at a gas station to get some gas. Remember, I am still in MIL’s car and she is still with Chad. They went in to get snacks and drinks while I stayed outside to put gas in her car and stood by my car since Hannah was still in it. Now what happens next is so me!!! I wish I had a picture of my face, Chad’s face, MIL’s face, the girls faces, heck even a video!!
They start to pull out and go behind MIL’s car towards the exit. I am still in the car and I realize that I needed to ask Chad a question so I jump out of the car and run behind it to wave him down so I can ask him. It happened all of a sudden! I can see out of the corner of my eye MIL’s car started to go forward. I turn and look and realize I did NOT put it in park nor put the brake on! I ended up doing some sort of girly scream and ran to the door and jumped in, immediately put on the brake and put it in park. I then got out because I was sure MIL was about to pass out….literally! Chad is bent over the steering wheel laughing hysterically, MIL has her hands over her face. Hollie is just looking at me like I have an alien on my shoulder. It was one of those you had to be there but we could not stop laughing. We finally got to our hotel around 10:30 that night. We stayed at the Sheraton Four Points near Universal. MIL got us checked in and we parked the cars and brought in our one bag for our one night stay. We were on a high floor which is not good for this girl who is scared of heights! Eek!!
Here is the view from our room

CAM00181.jpg

It had started to drizzle when we were checking in. We finally all got settled and into bed so we could get ready for Universal the next day. Coming up soon “Who lives in a Pineapple under the Sea!!” Uh, that would be me! ;)

I'm here for my GA BFF!!!!!! I can't wait 'til we can go back to WDW together. We miss you guys. :grouphug:

Love the shoe chair. Did you get it?

Yay my SC BFF!!!!
I can't wait either and I know Hollie will be happy since she can't stop talking about N!!

She wanted it but that thing was huge!! lol

Love the intros and the pictures are great...your kids are adorable.

Aw, thank you! I am so glad your here!! :)

Hi Heather

I am joining in from Memom's report. I have read one of your reports before and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one. Your girls are gorgeous.

Take care

Aw, thank you so much! Thanks for joining in Toni! So glad your here!!

I will be along for the fun. :thumbsup2

Hey MeMom!! Glad your here! :)

I'm here!!! The girls have gotten so big!!! :goodvibes

Yay!! I am glad your here!

Oh I know! I was comparing pictures of Hollie from early last year till now and its crazy!!

AWWWW Heather

that reveal was brilliant. so cool!!!

I'm sure she knew but couldn't believe it really before you gave her the hint. You are definitely a too cool for school mom and dad. :cool1:

That car story cracked me - I could picture it your MIL's face :rotfl2:

Hannah was just like Bella would have been - I wanna hint! - not even knowing what a hint was! :laughing:

Also good when a business owner simply wants people to stay out of certain areas - creeks, small ravines, etc. This sign gets much more attention than Please Do Not Get in Creek. ::yes:: There are many of these signs in Florida, and I really think half of them are false, but very effective, alarms. ;)

Now what happens next is so me!!! I wish I had a picture of my face, Chad’s face, MIL’s face, the girls faces, heck even a video!!
They start to pull out and go behind MIL’s car towards the exit. I am still in the car and I realize that I needed to ask Chad a question so I jump out of the car and run behind it to wave him down so I can ask him. It happened all of a sudden! I can see out of the corner of my eye MIL’s car started to go forward. I turn and look and realize I did NOT put it in park nor put the brake on! I ended up doing some sort of girly scream and ran to the door and jumped in, immediately put on the brake and put it in park. I then got out because I was sure MIL was about to pass out….literally! Chad is bent over the steering wheel laughing hysterically, MIL has her hands over her face. Hollie is just looking at me like I have an alien on my shoulder. It was one of those you had to be there but we could not stop laughing.

Well, now that I have had my Friday morning laugh, I can go to work with a smile! Too funny - and yes, so you! :rotfl:

Love the video(s) of the surprise. I have to tell you my hubby would have been right with your hubby....waiting in the car at the rest stop if he had seen that sign. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The videos are so cute! Her Gatlinburg response would be what my kids would say since we hit either WDW or Gatlinburg every year!! Not putting the car in park....:rotfl2:

Oh my word Heather! You forgot to put the car in park. :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can just imagine the panic!

:rotfl: :lmao:

Great start!!!

The video and "I thought we were going to Glatinburg..." made me laugh, then the whole ordeal with the car! :lmao: Great start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter