Hey all!! I'm back!! Here's my connections and mini trip report!

H

hallie

As most of you know this was a surprise trip for my family! here's how I told them-

My DH thought we were going to visit my parents for the week. I told him that I had bad news, good news and great news. First I told him the bad news was that my sisters inlaws were coming too, making their house extremely crowded(he was really mad-lol) Then I told him the good news was that I'd saved 500.00 to go to the outlets by my parents house. Then I said the great news was that we wern't going to my parents at all...we were going to Disney World!!! He was completely shocked, he just stood there saying...you're kidding right? It was so funny. My DD didn't believe me either because she didn't think we were going anywhere, she thoughtb we were going to the mall!!! She was so funny, she kept saying are we REALLY going? It was great, I even hide a video camera and caught the whole thing on tape!

Now my Connections report!!

First we had a breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and we used our Connections vouchers. We had to wait for awhile after check in because there were 3 HUGE parties ahead of us One was for 26 people and 2 others for parties of 20-lol! We couldn't believe it. Once we got in we had a quiet booth right near the buffet entrance. The character interaction was fantastic, Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale and Goofy all came right to the table! It was a lot of fun Pluto ticked my DD till she fell over at the booth-lol. The food was very good, hot and fresh and there was a large selection, we would definitely return again!

We used Connections vouchers to eat at Beaches and cream twice, there were a GREAT Value. My DH had the Prime rib sandwich and I split the double bacon cheeseburger with my DD, it came out on 2 seperate plates. We had 2 big sundaes for dessert one time and a brownie ala mode and strawberry shortcake ala mode the next time. It was very good! Although I wouldn't eat here with out the vouchers because it's rather expensive.

We ate at Boma for breakfast using Connections vouchers again. It was very good! My DS(2) was also picked to be a Jr. Chef!! they dressed him up in a little chefs coat and brought him behind one of the stations. they took his picture and presented him a certificate with the pic mounted on it, it was very cute!!

The rest of the time we used our vouchers at counter service places. The firsat time used them it was at the Electric Ubrella in Epcot, the CM wasn't very helpful and I was as forward as I should've been and we came short by .50. What happened was I ordered 2 drinks but didn't say large, make sure to say large-lol. After that I knew what I was doing and it was great!!

Now one of the best parts......we went on a DVC tour and received 4 connection quick and casual vouchers for free!!!!! I was so excited because we were going to come up short on them but with the extra 4 we got to eat for free for the last day and a 1/2!!!! The tour only took an hour and they came to pick us up at our resort and then offered to drop us back off anywhere we wanted. We just stopped to talk to the DVC CM at our resort and scheduled the tour, then he told us about the vouchers!!

I loved the Connections vouchers they saved us a ton of money and were easy to use. I HIGHLY recommend them!!

Now probably the best news, all that worrying about && and I came home with 100.00 thanks to all of your tips!!

Thanks again everyone, you're the best!! We had an incredible, magical, the best ever trip!!!

Now we're off to our already planned for a year family trip, via SOG at the Contemporary, this March- yippie-lol!

Thanks again!!!

Great report! Thanks for sharing it.

That must have been SO much fun to spring a surprise trip on your family! :)

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I just love surprises! I can't wait to see the look on my two children's faces when I get to the airport in June! I love the Connections vouchers as well. I couldn't imagine a vacaation without them!

Hallie

So glad to hear you are back. Sounds as though you had a magical trip.

Wow I hope I can luck out with some vouchers as my dh and I had already planned to check out dvc. Where did you go? We were thinking about signing up at the kiosk in MGM studios. Is there somewhere outside the parks you can do it??

TIA

MandaMom

Wow I hope I can luck out with some vouchers as my dh and I had already planned to check out dvc. Where did you go? We were thinking about signing up at the kiosk in MGM studios. Is there somewhere outside the parks you can do it??

We went to the kiosk at our resort, the Port Orleans Riverside, it was in the lobby. The CM we talk to was named Jim, I think, he's an older gentlemen. When I went up there I started to talk to him about it and he told me about the tour, then he mentioned we'd get meal certificates for every person that attends, including the kids. My oldest(6) went to a little kids club area they had, which was free, and our youngest(2) came with us. They gave him a juice box, coloring book and a Rolie Polie toy to play with, it kept him busy. Then when we picked our oldest up, they each got to pick a small stuffed teddy bear, they were thrilled. We were picked up at 12:40 at our resort and were done with the tour by a little before 2. They offered to drop us back off anywhere we wanted but we chose to walk over to Beaches and Cream instead. Hope that helped you out!

Thanks for the info on connections vouchers! sounds like you had a great time!

Yeah! I'm so glad you posted before I left for my trip... I have been thinking about you & 'the surprise' since reading your 1st post on this!!

Thrilled for you that you had such a nice time!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Sounds like a great trip! I wish you could post a pic of their faces when they found out. LOL

I just love surprises! I can't wait to see the look on my two children's faces when I get to the airport in June! I love the Connections vouchers as well. I couldn't imagine a vacaation without them!

Oh wow patsel how exciting!!!! The Connection vouchers were a life saver, it was great having the meals prepaid.

Great report! Thanks for sharing it. That must have been SO much fun to spring a surprise trip on your family!

I have to give you a big thanks to you Mary!!! I saved money on our room(AP discount) because of your site!! Thanks you!!

Thanks for the info on connections vouchers! sounds like you had a great time!

Thanks Muffy! We did have an incredible time.

Sounds like a great trip! I wish you could post a pic of their faces when they found out. LOL

Thanks Barb I wish I could post the video too!

Sounds like a fabulous time! What a great surprise!!!

Thank you momofdbsdc!!!

Yeah! I'm so glad you posted before I left for my trip... I have been thinking about you & 'the surprise' since reading your 1st post on this!! Thrilled for you that you had such a nice time!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Thank you Seawitch!!! I still can't believe I pulled it off-lol.

Hi hallie-I've been following your posts from the begining,admiring your ablity to keep things secret!! I was wishing we could go to WDW but knew it was many years off. I loved how you suprised your family! What a great Reveal,too!!Thanks for letting us in on the suprise!!

Now imagine my own suprise when Dh said he wanted to go to California to visit his parents And to go to Disneyland!!! We are off Jan. 1, 2003 till Jan.11,2003!! I can't wait!!

Hi hallie-I've been following your posts from the begining,admiring your ablity to keep things secret!! I was wishing we could go to WDW but knew it was many years off. I loved how you suprised your family! What a great Reveal,too!!Thanks for letting us in on the suprise!!

Now imagine my own suprise when Dh said he wanted to go to California to visit his parents And to go to Disneyland!!! We are off Jan. 1, 2003 till Jan.11,2003!! I can't wait!!

Oh wow, I'm so excited for you!!!

Hallie,
I'm curious....are you going to join DVC? We did nine years a go and it was the best thing we ever did!

Thanks for the report! Glad you had a great trip

Thank you!!

Hallie,
I'm curious....are you going to join DVC? We did nine years a go and it was the best thing we ever did!

Hi Halle! Actually we're considering a move to the Orlando area right now! If we don't move there then we're definitely going to join the DVC.

I'm so glad to hear you were able to keep your secret, Hallie! I could NEVER do that (I would bust a gut and then I wouldn't be able to go myself! LOL) Your dd sounds like mine about a trip to the mall! Gee, the simple things that make them happy...:p And best of all, you actually brought money home! Whoo-hoo! That gives me hope! Thanks for your report!

I'm so glad to hear you were able to keep your secret, Hallie! I could NEVER do that (I would bust a gut and then I wouldn't be able to go myself! LOL) Your dd sounds like mine about a trip to the mall! Gee, the simple things that make them happy... And best of all, you actually brought money home! Whoo-hoo! That gives me hope! Thanks for your report!

Thank you!! You can do it too!! There's a great thread on the board from before we left here's the link-

Thread about budget tips

There's tons of great money saving tips in there!

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by hallie
Thank you!! You can do it too!! There's a great thread on the board from before we left here's the link-

Thread about budget tips

There's tons of great money saving tips in there!

Hope that helps!

Oh Hallie, thanks for that link! Lots of interesting stuff in there! We have our connections vouchers, we're splitting a "specialty" cruise with other dis'ers, got tickets from Paramount with "free" character breakfast tix, got my transportation money back from the state for carpooling (makes those other kids worth it! LOL) my kids (ds 6 and dd 11) are actually going to take money out of THEIR savings for souvenirs, so I know that spending THEIR money will keep them from buying too much! Gee, can you spend too much at WDW? Don't answer that! :p Hopefully, we're set, now all I need to do is get myself some tranquilizers for the plane trip down and back!!! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter