Hestiant husbands...

Parkerpirates

Mouseketeer
My hubby and I have cruised once together, earlier in our relationship. It was on carnival, which didn't convince him he needed to be stuck on a boat again. We had horrible weather, we didn't get to stop at one of two ports and just overall, he wasn't impressed with Carnival. So 10 years later, he's agreed to go on a disney cruise. We are booked 1/9/2015. I actually think he's going to have more fun then me! Kids totally change your perspective and make these kinds of trips so much more fun. And from all the rave reviews, I think he will totally love the boat itself. We booked a 1 bedroom suite on Wonder and just having the extra space and services may convince him to go on another. I'm already booking Christmas cruises for my family when 2015 itineraries come out and I'm talking up the OBB for another cruise in 2016. :)

Who has converted their spouses to love cruises again?!?

Haha! I had to convert my hubby to like Disney World when we started dating. Basically...love me, love Disney. Our first cruise was DCL, before kids, and we loved it. Then we did Carnival and HE was the one who said he didn't care to ever cruise any other line other than Disney forever. LOL

had never cruised before and dw suffers from motion sickness.
i was afraid of her gitting sick and me being stuck on a boat.
we did it for our 25 th annv. and yes we did get a little :sick: but we made it past that and had a very relaxing time.
now im trying to plan a longer one.

This husband converted himself! :cool1:

Like you, my wife and I cruised on a different line in 2000. I got off the ship thinking: "Eh, whatever. It was mediocre. I don't ever need to cruise again."

In 2009, a last minute deal on a 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Wonder showed up on my computer. I hate sitting on a beach, and I knew I did not care for cruising, but I decided to book a cruise for my daughters' sake. I got off that cruise saying: "I can't wait to go again!"

I have done 9 DCL cruises now, my wife has done 12, and my girls have done 8. Wife and I are looking forward to our next one in October (girls will be in school), and she and a friend will do another in February 2015, and she and 9 friends will do another "Moms' Cruise" in February 2015.

Book the cruise, make him go. :thumbsup2

Oh, you might consider starting with the Fantasy, Magic, or Wonder. The Dream's quick turnaround combined with large size and unique passenger mix creates an atmosphere that on occasion is not as magical as that on the other ships.

Book the cruise, make him go. :thumbsup2

Oh, you might consider starting with the Fantasy, Magic, or Wonder. The Dream's quick turnaround combined with large size and unique passenger mix creates an atmosphere that on occasion is not as magical as that on the other ships.

Oops! Re-read your post. You are booked, and you are on the Wonder. Awesome!!! Wonder and Fantasy are my favorite ships. No good reason. Wonder was our first, and we were on Maiden Voyage of Fantasy.

I spent 7 years in the Navy and for the longest time the last thing I wanted to do was walk onto a ship. Kids kind of changed that though. I really don't remember what spurred our decision to book DCL but we went with my in laws and some friends. Had a great time and I no longer object to a cruise lol! It's still not my favorite type of vacation but it's very close.

My husband was VERY lukewarm on cruising for many years. I finally convinced him to try it this past October, our first cruise ever, on the Wonder. He loved it! We will hopefully cruise again later this year or sometime in 2015.

I have no doubt your family will love the Wonder, and I can't imagine not enjoying a one bedroom suite -- what concerns me is you are sailing in January and there have been recent reports that the January weather can be iffy and colder than expected unless you are way south in the Caribbean. If you hit bad/cold weather again, your DH may not be happy once again!

Sure hope you have a magical cruise!!

I must confess, I too was one of those husbands. In 2004 we took our first Disney cruise on the Magic. On day two I was hooked, and thought they might have to get security to remove me from the ship at the end of the week! It was such a wonderful time, and there was so much to do....or not do...I think I spent one entire day sitting/sleeping on the lounge chairs on deck 4.

Now my wife says I act like a little kid when we book each trip....and spend too much time on the disboards. I tell her it's research.

My husband was VERY lukewarm on cruising for many years. I finally convinced him to try it this past October, our first cruise ever, on the Wonder. He loved it! We will hopefully cruise again later this year or sometime in 2015.

I have no doubt your family will love the Wonder, and I can't imagine not enjoying a one bedroom suite -- what concerns me is you are sailing in January and there have been recent reports that the January weather can be iffy and colder than expected unless you are way south in the Caribbean. If you hit bad/cold weather again, your DH may not be happy once again!

Sure hope you have a magical cruise!!

I am a little concerned about the weather also. We took our carnival cruise in January and hit bad weather. :( I am seriously thinking about rebooking on opening day in May on a 7 nighter if the suites aren't too outrageous! He thinks I'm silly for having a screen name on a disney forum but he loves me, inner child and all!

My husband refused to ever cruise - just had no interest. I love cruising; finally got him on a Disney ship and he loved it. We then tried Carnival and we all strongly disliked it funny how we compared everything to Disney: food, service, crew, etc. ; now he will only cruise on Disney.

I must confess, I too was one of those husbands. In 2004 we took our first Disney cruise on the Magic. On day two I was hooked, and thought they might have to get security to remove me from the ship at the end of the week! It was such a wonderful time, and there was so much to do....or not do...I think I spent one entire day sitting/sleeping on the lounge chairs on deck 4.

Now my wife says I act like a little kid when we book each trip....and spend too much time on the disboards. I tell her it's research.

I like the way you think! :thumbsup2

I am a little concerned about the weather also. We took our carnival cruise in January and hit bad weather. :( I am seriously thinking about rebooking on opening day in May on a 7 nighter if the suites aren't too outrageous! He thinks I'm silly for having a screen name on a disney forum but he loves me, inner child and all!

Ditto on the sailing in January. Our first was on the Carnival Sensation and we had Very Very rough seas that time of year and the water is not warm enough to do any water activities. Fortunately we had the Scopolomine patch for DW or she would have been understandably sick. She never wanted to see a cruise ship again. Fortunately she did get to see the size comparison between the Carnival Sensation and the Disney Fantasy. We are now booked for our third Disney Cruise and planning the fourth. Plan for a warmer month like May that you mentioned and it will be a much more enjoyable trip because at least one day will be spent on Castaway Cay where it is all about the water activities and fun in the sun.:thumbsup2

My hubby and I have cruised once together, earlier in our relationship. It was on carnival, which didn't convince him he needed to be stuck on a boat again. We had horrible weather, we didn't get to stop at one of two ports and just overall, he wasn't impressed with Carnival. So 10 years later, he's agreed to go on a disney cruise. We are booked 1/9/2015. I actually think he's going to have more fun then me! Kids totally change your perspective and make these kinds of trips so much more fun. And from all the rave reviews, I think he will totally love the boat itself. We booked a 1 bedroom suite on Wonder and just having the extra space and services may convince him to go on another. I'm already booking Christmas cruises for my family when 2015 itineraries come out and I'm talking up the OBB for another cruise in 2016. :)

Who has converted their spouses to love cruises again?!?

I don't mean to be a downer but Jan can often be cold weather in FL & Bahamas. If it's a 7-nt Caribbean you'll be far enough south to miss the temp dips but if it's a Bahamian cruise and you're worried about another experience of bad weather, you may want to reconsider your dates. We were in Freeport in Feb once (non-DCL) and the high temp was 50.
Our 1st DCL cruise was during Feb and it was freezing in PC. Once we got to St. Martin & St. Thomas it was hot and we really lucked out in CC but CMs said it was the first nice day at CC in several cruises.

I can't stand bad weather on a cruise and I know it can happen any time of year but I try to do what I can to increase the odds of warmth & wait at least til mid March. jmho. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter