• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hesitation about booking a December trip this year

justcin711

Earning My Ears
My DH and I have taken many trips to Disneyworld but he just mentioned wanting to take our granddaughter this December. I find myself hesitant this time due to FP+ constraints (especially Epcot...she is Frozen crazy) and the fact that there are currently no ADR's that I would really want and that would fit her schedule. I'm all for stalking reservations but I have never seen this bad of availability. Also I'm so unclear as to choosing park days to book ADRs because the hours aren't even close to being finalized and I don't know what evening shows to plan for. Any advice would be appreciated

You might consider a late November trip. We went last year the week before Thanksgiving, booking around May. We got all of our ADR's and FP's without a problem. Our trip dates were Nov. 19-25 (our return flight was delayed...we finally arrived home around 10 PM and then we needed to begin preparation for Thanksgiving Day LUNCH :crazy: but that's another story :rolleyes1). The parks and resorts were all decorated and they were BEAUTIFUL. Your DGD will LOVE it! WL was the last resort to get decorations and we were fortunate enough to be able to watch the transition...a bonus for us! If you're flexible with your meal times and FP's (DD checked daily, even after we arrived, and was able to change some of ours to a better time) I think you could get close to a schedule you could live with. Good luck. :tink:

Right now I see FPs for FEA for 7/25. I would think you should be able to get some for your trip at the 60 day mark. I am very hopefully for our trip the last week in November. ADRs are a different story. We only get one and it is never at a coveted restaurant so we usually get what we want well past our 180 day mark. I would still book the trip and just keep looking for those ADRs.

We're going December 10-15. I started at the 178 day mark and I check everyday for ADR's. I've never seen only 2 times appear for most restaurants this far out. I was second guessing my week choice. I check every day and I see different times appear each day. I've even been able to find ADR's almost exactly to the time I want. I've been O'hana breakfast for Sunday and it's showed sold out. The other evening, I found it for 7:35 so it's perfect for park opening. Slowly, what I've wanted has appeared. I also had some luck calling reservations to book Chef Mickey's. It was showing unavailable online. I was calling for other stuff and just thought I'd ask. And we got it for an early brunch.

Use the touring plans reservation finder to help you get the ADRs you need. I couldn't get anything at BoG for lunch for our December trip, but the reservation finder got me what I needed.

Use the touring plans reservation finder to help you get the ADRs you need. I couldn't get anything at BoG for lunch for our December trip, but the reservation finder got me what I needed.

I have a touring plans subscription but I was unaware of the reservation finder...thanks for the tip I will try that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter