He's coming home and we're going to the World! Aug 2011

A little bit about us, here's my dh, Air Force Reservist (currently active), 30+, likes Disney but not nearly as obsessed as I am. Likes golfing, canoe-ing, and bike riding. Great dad and husband, best sense of humor ever.

What a great way to celebrate his return home! How long has he been activated? I look forward to reading more about your upcoming trip and his return!

He has been activated for two years now. Three different places stateside. Then this tour.

Hey there! :goodvibes

Wow, the packing list looks great! I'm a total list maker and I do a big packing list too. I keep it on my computer since it doesn't change much from year to year. Then I can just add the few new things and print it out. I think I start packing about a month in advance!

He has been activated for two years now. Three different places stateside. Then this tour.

My husband missed the age cutoff for OCS a few years ago, or I'm sure we'd be in the same boat (Army, Infantry).

I hope if there are any future assignments, they are somplace quiet! :)

Was sitting here getting excited about our week at Disney followed by a three day cruise on the Dream in May when I found your post. Then I became just as excited for you. My husband just retired with twenty five years in the Navy and this is our "Welcome to the Real World Celebration". I know how excited you must be for his return and your trip. Please thank him for his service and my thank you to you also. Yours is not an easy job. Can't wait to read more!!

Was sitting here getting excited about our week at Disney followed by a three day cruise on the Dream in May when I found your post. Then I became just as excited for you. My husband just retired with twenty five years in the Navy and this is our "Welcome to the Real World Celebration". I know how excited you must be for his return and your trip. Please thank him for his service and my thank you to you also. Yours is not an easy job. Can't wait to read more!!

Oh how lucky to do both the World and the Cruise! thanks to your family too and a big congratulations for retirement

glad to have you reading along

Early plans.
Travel/Arrival: We will be driving down day of check-in, and heading to Shades of Green to get our tickets, we will check-in at Pop and then after unloading the car we will head to Downtown Disney for a little window shopping and pin trading.

Our trip went so smoothly in June that we will probably repeat most of it, here is the expanded version of travel day

Get up Sunday early, jump into packed car and eat lunch on the way somewhere, drive to Orlando, stop at grocery store, stop at Shades of Green for our tickets, go to POP to check in, pick up our frig, buy a refillable mug and have lunch at resort, change and spend the late afternoon/early evening at the pool. Clean up and then head to Downtown Disney for the night. In my pixie dusted world :wizard: we get a reservation for T-Rex, if not then Earl of Sandwich for a quick bite. Go to Lego, and World of Disney, Once Upon a Toy, Pin Traders, and Goofys for a snack, yummy! If we have time, head to Poly Beach to view the fireworks, then back to our resort and into bed.

We've been thinking about how best to surprise the kids, and with summer vacation coming, it will be very tricky to keep all my Disney purchases and crafts secret with the kids home.

I love the threads about movie nights and themes...we were thinking we could do a movie night each weekend

And thinking an early reveal is the best, trying to pick a good time, thinking about 50 days out, making a countdown calendar, and revealing it that way after that nights movie...what do you think???

Michael's has t-shirts on sale this week 5/10, so I picked up a few for us to do matching outfits. And I checked out the scrapbooking supplies, stickers were 40% off and paper was on sale too, so I grabbed a few of those too.
DSCN4317.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4318.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN4319.jpg
[/IMG]

We've been thinking about how best to surprise the kids, and with summer vacation coming, it will be very tricky to keep all my Disney purchases and crafts secret with the kids home.

I love the threads about movie nights and themes...we were thinking we could do a movie night each weekend

And thinking an early reveal is the best, trying to pick a good time, thinking about 50 days out, making a countdown calendar, and revealing it that way after that nights movie...what do you think???

I think 50 days out is perfect! I had originally thought of doing it that far out but my DH and older DS really want to surprise the kids so we're waiting until the night before.

As you know we love the theme nights here in my house, we only get to do them like every 2 weeks or so right now because my kids are so busy with sports and stuff but I think if it were the summer we'd go for one a week. I plan on keeping up the nights once our trip is over but just doing one a month so we can stretch them out until our next trip.

Great deals you found at Michaels, I may have to find my way over there this weekend;)

We did a day of surprise for our 08 trip. We had wrapped presents and the last one they opened was a tshirt that said we're going to Walt Disney World. We had the car packed and we went out the door and on our way.

I just know that I spend too much time on the Dis for her not to get suspicious, and shopping when she is out of school for snacks and treats is not going to lend itself to a long held surprise. But it is fun to wait and reveal it right before the big day!

We are on the regular dining plan, so breakfast will be OOP or cancelled (boohoo)

Mon Hollywood & Vine 8am
Tue Whispering Canyon Cafe 7:35p
Wed Tusker House 10:10a
Teppan Edo 7:30p
Thu Crystal Palace 11:35a
Tonys Town Square 7:30pm
Fri Ohana 10:30a

We ate at WCC & TE on our Disneymoon. But as a family these will all be new to us. Opinions?

We are on the regular dining plan, so breakfast will be OOP or cancelled (boohoo)

Mon Hollywood & Vine 8am
Tue Whispering Canyon Cafe 7:35p
Wed Tusker House 10:10a
Teppan Edo 7:30p
Thu Crystal Palace 11:35a
Tonys Town Square 7:30pm
Fri Ohana 10:30a

We ate at WCC & TE on our Disneymoon. But as a family these will all be new to us. Opinions?

I've never been to Hollywood and Vine, I think the little ones might like it but don't want to torture my oldest with any more character meals than we already do, lol. But I have heard it's good especially if your kids are into the Disney Junior characters.

If I had one more day I would have an ADR for Whispering Canyon, I've read great things about it but unfortunately we couldn't fit it into our chedule this time.

Again never eaten at Tusker House (we tend to not do breakfasts) but I love Teppan Edo!

Crystal Palace we love, have only done dinners there so far but we also got a breakfast ressie this year, can't wait to try it. I have read very little about Tony's, on our MK days we always go to Chef Mickey's or CP so I haven't really looked into it much.

We did Ohana's for breakfast last year and loved it. Food was really good and the characters were great!

We decided to go through a TA this trip, and she has made it so easy!
We now have reservations at Rain Forest Cafe in DTD on arrival day!
The kids will love it!

Help me plan a day at HS.
Must Do:
ToT
TSMM
LMA Stunt show
Disney Jr & character meets

Maybe do:
what's here for us to do?

We spend very little time here doing more than ToT. It's hands down our favorite. We're sure to go straight in to Toy Story and grab a FP so we can do it back to back. Then we will go to ToT and ride it with child swap, get a FP for later if our window is open. Then....
what's the best path through the park

We just did Muppets last trip so we can skip it. Don't really feel a need to see Indy or the Backstage Ride.

cross posted on the theme park page

hollywood-studios-sorcerer.jpg
[/IMG]
We have a reservation at Hollywood & Vine for 8am. (debating on keeping it)
Head over to TSMM for FP and to ride it back-to-back with the whole family. Then we will walk over to ToT and ride with child swap, grabbing a FP if our window is open. Head around to the new Disney Junior show and see the characters. Hoping this is time for the LMA show and we can go straight over to that.
Grab a snack, maybe a CS lunch. Go to RnRC for child swap, but let dh and dd ride it twice. Then try to get one more ride on for ToT.
Is the parade worth staying for?
Take a break mid afternoon back to the resort to swim and cool off, change for the evening, and eat at POP. Then plan on going back to HS for a night time ride of ToT. Anything else we could do in the evening? It is not a Fantasmic night.

keeping track of all my requests here for Disigns from the creative people over there!
For our surprise reveal day
From rustmanfan (one of my favorites)
PopCentury-1.jpg
[/IMG]

From Disneyclips, hopefully for our shirts day 1 at DHS
clipwoodshdisneyclips.gif
[/IMG]

clipslinklydisneyclips.gif
[/IMG]

ts33disneyclips.gif
[/IMG]

I'm not really sure on your HS questions since I've never been yet ;) Hope someone can help you!

I love that 1st Disign, the reveal day one :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter