• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hershey, PA Restaurants??

keerymom

<font color=navy>Secretly has the hots for Ryan Su
Hello everyone,

I posted on the Community board, but everyone here is always so helpful, I decided to post here as well. Can anyone recommend a nice, but not too expensive restaurant for 2 adults in Hershey, PA? Thanks as always!

I like the Buffett in the Hershey Lodge. It is called LEBBIE LEBKICHER'S.

Also, I like the Bears Den in the Lodge is also good. These aren't fancy, but they are casual dining and cost as much as dinner at a Chilis or Applebees.

When I go to Hershey I usually stay in Lancaster which is a half hour away and I usually eat at all the good Amish food restaurants and only do Hershey for a day or two.

krieder farms, there is one in hershey and one near lancaster. But if you go to lancaster, our favorite place to eat is Lapp's right across the street from dutch wonderland

We were in Hershey last year for a couple days. For two of the nights we ate right before you go in the park (but after the free attractions). It is on the right and you can't miss it. You can probably see where you have to give your ticket into the park. And oh the desserts!! I wish I could figure out how to post a picture here. I really don't remember the food but oh the desserts. If you don't have the web address to the Hershey boards PM me. Someone here on the DIS boards has a site with menus and stuff.

I you like good burgers try Red Robin in Hershey, always has been very a nice place to have luch or dinner, but can get very busy.

We went to Hershey last summer, and I can second the opinions on the SodaJerk and Red Robin. My SIL loved the Red Robin so much we ate there at least twice during our stay. The Soda Jerk had a bit of a wait on a Friday night, but was worth it! If I remember correctly we had some great desserts there. And they have breakfast all day, which is always a plus with my family. I think both my boys had pancakes for dinner. :)

Both of these restaurants are family places though. Not sure if you were looking for something a bit nicer. Hope this was helpful. Have a great trip!

krieder farms, there is one in hershey and one near lancaster. But if you go to lancaster, our favorite place to eat is Lapp's right across the street from dutch wonderland

Unfortunately, the Kreider's in Hershey has closed. The restaurants in Lancaster county are still open.

I'm from the Hershey area, so here are my recommendations. The other suggestions are nice, but you are going to be in loud/noisy places filled with parents and kids and it sounds like you might be looking for something a little quieter -

I would 2nd the Hershey Pantry, they have fabulous food.
Also, What if Cafe on 422 has great food
Fenicci's has great italian food
and my final recommendation for within Hershey is Union Canal House (actually not that far from Hershey)

If you want to venture a little farther to a locals favorite - head down 422 to a small town called Annville, there is a restaurant there called Batdorf's - fabulous food!!

We were in Hershey last year for a couple days. For two of the nights we ate right before you go in the park (but after the free attractions). It is on the right and you can't miss it. You can probably see where you have to give your ticket into the park. And oh the desserts!! I wish I could figure out how to post a picture here. I really don't remember the food but oh the desserts. If you don't have the web address to the Hershey boards PM me. Someone here on the DIS boards has a site with menus and stuff.

I think the restaurant is called Tudor Grill. My family has eaten there a couple of times...good sitdown (and air conditioned) choice when at the park on a hot day!

Another local here. A lot of the suggestions were good depending on what you are looking for. What If Cafe is very good adult place that is not too expensive. I am not a fan of Union Canal House - the last time I was there I thought the food was pricey and not very good.

Hummelstown which is the next town over has a number of dining options too including the Warwick Hotel which we liked.

If you are looking for more of a night out, there are also a ton of nice restaurants in downtown Harrisburg which is about 15 minutes from Hershey.

I forgot to make a recommendation. How about Houlihan's? It is on Chocolate Ave right in Hershey...in the Hershey Press Building. The food is good.

www.houlihans.com

Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions! We've decided to try What If of Hershey. The menu looks spectacular. Again, many thanks!

My DH went to medical school in Hershey and an old favorite of ours is called Your Place, they've moved the location but still have fantastic Stromboli Bread. I've enjoyed reading this thread, brings back many great memories.

For a quick, casual bite, I love Isaac's Deli. Pretzel rolls, yum!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter