hershey PA lodging

vern

Mouseketeer
i am trying to find a decent place to stay in or near hershey for August. The problem is i do a google search and all the places are $150 and up. I would like to get a room with fridge and breakfast (not a must but a plus). Anyone have any suggestions? I requested brochures and such but they all have the big chains = big bucks. I come here because the friendly people on this board are so helpful not to mention budget minded.

White Rose Motel-family -owned, clean, with fridge,DVD/VCR, microwave, pool, and very reasonably priced. It's about 5 minutes to Hersheypark, Chocolate World and outlets.

We stayed at the Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey NW on Allentown Bvd last August (make sure you look at this location - I understand the other local Super 8 in on Executive Drive Harrisburg is quite a dive).

Rooms were clean with a fridge. Continental breakfast served, but a cheap, decent restaurant right next door was our option. It was a 5-10 minute drive to Hersheypark & Chocolate World. Clean with an indoor pool. We had 2 rooms with King beds and used the AAA discount - ran about $115 per night per room. Basic, clean budget motel. Walls are a little thin, but we had quiet neighbors.

Have you tried the Hampton Inn Hershey? We always stay there when we go, and it does have a fridge and free breakfast.
We are staying there next month. It's only like 1 mile to Hershey Park.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn which was a very short drive to Hershey Park (about 20 mins?) last fall and it was really nice. It was about $100.00 per night, maybe $120.00 at most, and the room was very nice, it had a indoor pool and it did have a mini fridge. We will definitely stay there again this fall when we visit Hershey Park! :thumbsup2

Here's the site. HTH. Good luck & have fun!!! :goodvibes

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MDTHEGI

I have stayed at the Simmons Motel right on Chocolate Ave. I rented one of their two bedroom apartments (Slept 8) for $135 a night and it had a FULL kitchen.

It was so nice to make up food to take to the park. (Saves a lot of $$$ too) It was also nice to have a table to sit down at and make up my plan of attack for the next day.

You can watch the fireworks from the grass behind the place at night if you aren't still in the park for them.

http://www.simmonsmotel.com/

About 3 yrs ago we stayed at the Milton Motel. It was a small motel, clean, had microwave and fridge in the room. I think we paid something like $79/nt. This was in late August and included the Friday of Labor Day weekend. We've also stayed at the Super 8 on Allentown Blvd. It was nice, clean and we paid 89/nt in May of '06.

thank you for all the responses, I am going to look at them now. thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Another option, if you don't mind something a bit unconventional, would be to rent a cabin at one of the area campgrounds. The Hershey Highmeadow campground is nice, though busy. It's owned by Hershey, and you get discounted park tickets if you're a guest. It might not hurt to look into it.

Try Harrisburg East Holiday Inn and choose the Entertainment rate from the pull down menu. No free breakfast but kids under 12 eat for free with a paying adult. Nice hotel and 15 minutes from Hershey Park.

it has been years since we have been to Hershey but one year we stayed in Lancaster area....willow valley. They have an indoor pool and such but it is about 40 min away. I think we also stayed at a comfort inn that was only about 5 min from park. have a chocolatey time!

I recommend the Super 8 also. They have a few breakfast items and an indoor pool which the clerk allowed my niece and friend to use even though we got back very late from the park. We've stayed there twice. My daughter recently moved to Harrisburg, so no more hotels for us, we get to camp out at her house!

I agree about the Simmons motel that has already been mentioned. They are so close to Hershey. The decor is very dated, but extremely CLEAN and neat. The price is outstanding for the amount of room you get.

We go every May for a convention. We stay about 10-15 mins away in a Holiday Inn, with our group. It's great because it has an indoor pool for the kids! It may be the one listed in the post above, it has an Elephant and Castle in it. We love it because of the indoor pool.

Last August we used Choice Points to stay at The Comfort Inn. It was a 10 minute drive to Hershey Park. Had an indoor pool, breakfast and our room had a frig.

Between the Park & Hotel was a Giant Supermarket which had many fresh cooked items we picked up for dinner & ate at the hotel

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Harrisburg Airport/Hershey in December the year before last. When we went it was clean and the breakfast was very good. No pool.

I think we paid under $50 per night including taxes and fees with Priceline.

Took about 15 minutes to get the Hershey. Lots of stores and restaurants close by.

i am trying to find a decent place to stay in or near hershey for August. The problem is i do a google search and all the places are $150 and up. I would like to get a room with fridge and breakfast (not a must but a plus). Anyone have any suggestions? I requested brochures and such but they all have the big chains = big bucks. I come here because the friendly people on this board are so helpful not to mention budget minded.

We spend a lot of time in Hershey and are actually going up tomorrow. When we stay in the Hershey area itself, we look at the Hampton Inn and the Comfort Inn. Last year, we stayed at the Best Western and while it was okay, it was not the greatest.

Most of the time though, we stay in or right outside of Harrisburg. For years, we have stayed at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel which is about eight miles outside of Hershey and not bad at all. I can look around and see what names are about when we are up there this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter