Hershey Highmeadow Campground

The pools was lots of fun for the kids. There are planned activities throughout the day...some of which involve pool activities. See my kids below having a ball.

Popsy by the pool

2249.jpg

The girls in the pool

2250.jpg

The playground was also lots of fun. See pics below.

Playground

2243.jpg

Playground pics from our 2011 trip to Highmeadow

playground2.jpg

Playground1.jpg

Zoo America is located on the Hershey Park premises. They bring animals to the campground for the families to get an up close look at them. Popsy is posing in front of the Zoo America car below (2011 trip).

zooamerica.jpg

There is also an arcade and they show movies close to the pool area on some nights.

Family fun for all ages!

Up next - Comfort station

We tent camp...so the comfort station is a big deal for us. It has to be close and it has to be clean. The comfort stations were spotless during our visit. I can only speak for the times we visited.

I posted a pic of the comfort station earlier, but forgot the toilet section. The bathroom stalls below.

2314.jpg

They were clean, with hardly any wait. Most folks RV camp at Highmeadow. That leaves the comfort stations available for the pop-up and tenters.

Here's a pic of a vacant site near the comfort station.

2306.jpg

Love the trip report. We have tent camped at Drummer Boy in Gettysburg, but might need to stick High Meadow on the list. It looks beautiful.

Yes...we have more pics to share. Two of my sisters and two cousins and a brother in law also came along. We visited the Hershey hotel, Chocolate world, stopped by the Spa (just to see it) and of course Hershey park. Here is my photo montage of the highlights!

Chocolate World

cocoworld.jpg

Hubby and the kids at the bus stop at Chocolate World

hubbykids.jpg

Tinabelle at Hershey Park (heading to the Boardwalk section)

2225.jpg

Morgs at Hershey Park

2223.jpg

Popsy at Hershey Park

2221.jpg

The whole gang!

2216.jpg

Me at the Hotel Hershey

2045.jpg

The kids at the Cocoa Beanery (Hotel Hershey)

2025.jpg

DH by the Spa entrance

2056.jpg

Popsy by the Spa entrance

2060.jpg

The girls by the Spa

2052.jpg

Needless to say fun times were had by all!

Next up -Smores time!

With all the camping trips we went on....we never made smores...ever!! :sad2: We finally had a smores fest with the help of my cousins. See pics below. By the way, we spent the evening at their cabin, making the smore at their fire ring.

Me on the porch of the cabin

2365.jpg

The fire ring

2352.jpg

DH eating dinner in the cabin

2349.jpg

Kids on the porch

2269.jpg

First attempt :cool1:

2261.jpg

Cousin roasting the marshmallows

2265.jpg

Yummy!

2267.jpg

Popsy loves it!

2262.jpg

We had a wonderful time and have already booked our return visit for August 2013 for five nights. We look forward to it. The sites are on the small side, but as tenters, it is fine for us. The train is a bit noisy, but after a while it did not even bother us. We like the facilities, bus to Hershey Park and the access to so many other activities (Dutch Wonderland, museums, etc.)

If you have any questions about my trip, i'm happy to tell what I know.

I have never been to the Fort yet...still working on DH for that one. He thinks the heat will be too much. Trying to talk him into a Spring or Fall trip instead. We would pack the car (hopefully it will work for that trip :rotfl2:) and take the Autotrain down with all our stuff.

My first trip report.....I did it....after all these years. I feel good....real good!!! :yay:

Love the trip report. We have tent camped at Drummer Boy in Gettysburg, but might need to stick High Meadow on the list. It looks beautiful.

Got to pick the right site....not too close to the train tracks.....you'll have a ball!

who are on the fence about camping:wave2: I must admit the pics are nice....buuuut we'll see. I am the person who always requests the higher floors at Disney to AVOID critters as much as possible:lmao: Sleeping on the ground that close to them goes against everything I believe in:rotfl2: By the way Great job on the trip report!!! Popsy is too cute for words!!!

Thank you for doing a great TR and posting so many wonderful photos :thumbsup2

We love Hershey :goodvibes We went this summer for a couple days (stayed at a hotel though) and would love to go back next summer if we don't book a Disney or Sea World trip. My kids have always wanted to go camping and I've heard great things about Highmeadow so this would give us the opportunity to get both our camping and Hershey Park visit done in one trip :thumbsup2

who are on the fence about camping:wave2: I must admit the pics are nice....buuuut we'll see. I am the person who always requests the higher floors at Disney to AVOID critters as much as possible:lmao: Sleeping on the ground that close to them goes against everything I believe in:rotfl2: By the way Great job on the trip report!!! Popsy is too cute for words!!!

I have a few close friends and family that I am trying to entice to join me camping. They think it will be too much work, too many bugs and not enough fun. We actually sleep on air mattresses and bring several creature comforts with us on our trips. We don't rough it the way most true campers do.

It actually took one of my best friends seven years to get me out there. She never stopped inviting me. I finally decided to join her and her family and we've been hooked ever since.

The key to having a great time out there is being prepared and having what you need to feel comfortable...what ever that may be. I enjoy the family time during our camping trips...always an adventure in store!

Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you for doing a great TR and posting so many wonderful photos :thumbsup2

We love Hershey :goodvibes We went this summer for a couple days (stayed at a hotel though) and would love to go back next summer if we don't book a Disney or Sea World trip. My kids have always wanted to go camping and I've heard great things about Highmeadow so this would give us the opportunity to get both our camping and Hershey Park visit done in one trip :thumbsup2

Thanks! :)

I actually took the pics not thinking that I would do a trip report....or maybe deep down I knew it was time! :rotfl: I have enjoyed so many over the years...it's about time I share the fun!

I will be back at Highmeadow during the second week of August 2013. We have already booked because the prime sites and cabins disappear really quickly. If you are thinking about going, select a date, pay the deposit and confirm your trip. The deposit is one night's stay. You can always cancel two weeks prior to the trip without a penalty and receive a full refund of your deposit. The balance of your trip is due 30 days before your arrival.

If you do decide to go...stay away from the sites and cabins that are close to the train tracks....it's way too loud over there.

It looks like a great place Candikayne. :thumbsup2

Your kids (and DH) all look like they had fun.

Thanks for putting the time and effort into this TR.

Bama ED

Thanks for your great report! The campground looks wonderful and the cabins look new.

I was wondering about the bus to Hershey. Was the schedule and bus stop convenient? We're going next year and considering an overnight.

If you get a group together next year, you may want to consider group tickets if your number is over 20. The savings are significant.

It looks like a great place Candikayne. :thumbsup2

Your kids (and DH) all look like they had fun.

Thanks for putting the time and effort into this TR.

Bama ED

We really did have a great time!! I can't wait to post my next TR!

Thanks for your great report! The campground looks wonderful and the cabins look new.

I was wondering about the bus to Hershey. Was the schedule and bus stop convenient? We're going next year and considering an overnight.

If you get a group together next year, you may want to consider group tickets if your number is over 20. The savings are significant.

I'm glad you enjoyed my first TR!! :)

The cabins do look like new. Some cabins were damaged in a flood last year...so there were refurbished...not sure if the one we saw was in that group.

The bus comes every half hour and stops at Chocolate World/Hershey Park. If you would like to visit the Hotel Hershey or the Hershey Lodge, you can transfer at the Chocolate World stop for a resort bus. The bus service was pretty regular and it was nice to save on the parking costs. Also, you get dropped off at the front gate...no need to ride a tram or walk a long distance to the park.

So enjoyed your trip report!! You've made me want to plan a camping trip to Hershey Park!!! We are also a tent camping family...looking at travel trailers but haven't decided to take the plunge...I am the camping lover of the family not hubby, but working on him;).

We're tent campers, but we don't rough it either! Double high airbed, EZ Up canopy and screenhouse...yeah, we like to be comfy! You made me want to go back to Hershey! In a few years, when Z's older, we'll go back. We're camping in the backyard tonight. Z always sleeps SO good in the tent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter