Hero Commercial

Poohs Pal

DIS Veteran<br>Beautiful and smart so she says<br>
I saw a new disney commercial last night that showed the parents dressed as hero's. Does this mean after the 50th celebration the new theme could be about hero's. That would be so nice as i'm taking my grandson to disney in December and It would be nice to have the hero's featured. Susan

Don't know, I haven't seen the commercial, but now that I have a son after two girls, it would be nice if there is a little something more for the boys there later on. We do princess everything, and I think although it's fun, they could stand to mix it up a little. A Toy Story meal would be great too, as would a return of the Villians. Hope important people read this!!!

Andrea

This new commercial is only their newest way to sell WDW Vacations. What they are saying is "Be a Hero and take your family to Walt Disney World". IMHO when they dress parents up as "Super Heroes" and use this as the message to sell it dissapoints me in Disney. :(

I think this is the first Disney Commercial I have ever seen, that I was like ummmm.... ok "GET RID OF THIS FAST". Disney has always had some of the most memorable commercials and this one just doesnt cut it for me or my wife. Bring back Walt and the magic things about Disney.

I agree. If you're advertising WDW, show WDW!! Bright colors, theme parks, families...not middle aged parents dressed in hero outfits.

DisnyMama said:
This new commercial is only their newest way to sell WDW Vacations. What they are saying is "Be a Hero and take your family to Walt Disney World".
I've seen the print ads for this new "campaign" as well ... and it features the parents dressed as super heroes and the kids beaming up at them in deep admiration b/c the parents are taking the kids to WDW.

Kind of a sad ploy if you ask me.

Well thanks to that comercial, DD13 asks me if I am a hero. :rotfl: She can't wait to go back!

Print Adds are the same cheesy .

"The price is SUPER but your the HERO"

Not as cute as the dogs but what are you going to do I just like seeing anything Disney .It make me think of my upcoming trips.

Well this commercial didn't give me the disney tingle either but I was hoping the hero part would be the new theme. Susan

We saw it this morning and because of the Super Hero theme, the first thing that I said was ... "Oh a new Universal commercial!"

I agree, we don't care for it either. Disney commercials have always been along the same line as Hallmark commercials - leaving you with an 'awwww!' instead of a 'huh?'. :confused3 Like the Little Souvenir commercial. :love: Remember the one where the parents are telling their ('older') son that he can't go this time?!!! That's our kids now!

Ok, I feel better now. Me and my husband were watching that tv and we were both like. . . . huh? The whole time it was playing we were wondering what it was for cause it was just "creepy". . . .and then the whole be a hero take a kid to Disney thing played. . . .and boy was a dissapointed.

When DH and I saw the commerical at first we thought it was a cheesy commerical for the Lotto super 7 here in Canada. When we saw that it was for Disneyworld we were a little dumbfounded. I still like the "Were too excited to sleep" commerical that they showed last year. I can say that any time to my Dh and he will come back with " I hear there is even more magic this year"

Perhaps the next lot of commericals will be better.. one can only hope.

I thought it was a response to some of the Universal ads that are aimed right at drawing away WDW visitors. Disney fired back using one of Universal's hooks - the hero thing.

Whatever. It's not my favorite Disney commercial, but they'll be on to a new campaign in another 5 minutes or so. :)

:rotfl2: I kinda liked the commercial :)

Yes, it is cheesey...or maybe it is just a new route Disney is trying to take.

I will have to say, that DH saw this commercial first the other day. And although we are already Disney "freaks", he was VERY excited about it! Maybe they are trying to target males...boys and grown men. Maybe they are also trying to take away from Universal.

I say, bring back some "warm fuzzy moments" commercials, but yu can leave some "cheesey" ones in there as well. :goodvibes

Keep in mind that Disney has "The Incredibles", and that there are superhero costumes in the works for VMK. Maybe Disney is milking the whole "hero" thing for all it's worth. Little do they realize that they're going against one of their main themes which could be found in "Hercules":

A true hero is not measured by his deeds, but what's in his heart.

Then again, how highly regarded was the movie "Hercules"? I thought it was okay, but I'm not sure of what others thought.

DS and I just saw this about an hour ago! :rotfl:
I was FLOORED that it was a Disney commercial! I thought it was going to be something about "Be a hero, talk to your kids about not using drugs."

The 50th anniversary commercial with Walt makes me all teary so I am sort of glad they stopped that, but this hero thing is just not good.

Maybe it is aimed at males & maybe it's working. Every time the dang thing comes on, my DS starts screaming for me to look at the tv.

Maybe he's just excited because we only have 24 more days ;) ?

I've seen it several times, paying half attention. I did not even realize it was a WDW commercial. And, we have Disney on the brain from returning from there just 3 days ago.

Do I think it is the best commercial ever made? No! Is it kind of cute, showing the majority of our out of shape, desk jockey, fat around the belly population? Yes! Something I can sure relate to. Showing how to become a hero in an otherwise drab existence is not out of place in todays world. I have to admit that I would never have identified it with a WDW commercial and was completely surprised when the end of it arrived. Still I think it was ok and it will catch the attention of the kids and that, my friends, is the entire purpose.

:chat: :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter