• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here's my problem

Tangosabarber

Earning My Ears
Here's my problem...I would like to take advantage of the "buy 4 nights...get 3 free" special Disney is offering but I already have park passes that don't expire and would like to use them. And my parents finally agreed to a trip with us and would like to stay at the FWCabins (they would need the MYW package but we wouldn't) We would all like to add the dining plan,and have magical express pick up. How can we do it all without spending more than we have to? :confused3

The number of days of tickets you get don't have to correspond with the days you are staying, so I'd price at rack rate with no tickets versus the 4/3 deeal with a one day base pass and see how it turns out. Though you need at least a one day base pass to do the dining plan too.

Here's what you do.

Book the 4/3 deal with 1 day park passes. You are not required to get 7 day passes. Then save the 1 day passes for when your non-expiring passes are finally used up. Then, next trip, you can start with your 1-day passes and upgrade them to whatever length passes you need, but will save the cost of a 1-day pass on the upgrade fee.

You can add dining to the 4/3 deal, but everybody staying under the same reservation must have the dining plan as well.

HTH.

David

Here's what you do.

Book the 4/3 deal with 1 day park passes. You are not required to get 7 day passes. Then save the 1 day passes for when your non-expiring passes are finally used up. Then, next trip, you can start with your 1-day passes and upgrade them to whatever length passes you need, but will save the cost of a 1-day pass on the upgrade fee.

You can add dining to the 4/3 deal, but everybody staying under the same reservation must have the dining plan as well.

HTH.

David

This answer wins

Here's another idea...

Rent points from a DVC owner (you won't be able to stay at FW or make use of the 4/3 deal.) I don't know how hard it would be to get a 2BR unit.

You can use your non expired tickets AND add the dining plan.

Just an idea.

The post above gives good advice about using the 4/3 plan however!

Best of luck!

KJ

The CM at the front desk won't require everyone in the same party to have the same # of days on their key cards?

The CM at the front desk won't require everyone in the same party to have the same # of days on their key cards?

Not sure what you're asking. Everybody under the same reservation -- i.e., staying in the same room -- must be on the dining plan and have at least a 1 day ticket on the package. You don't have to use that ticket -- in fact, if you follow my suggestion, DON'T use it on this trip. Instead use the non-expiring tickets you still have left over to get into the parks.

People staying at another resort or on another reservation at the same resort can have whatever length tickets they want as part of their package.

David

To OP if I am reading your question right it appears that all your party will be staying in the wilderness cabins together under the same reservation. The only option you would have if this is the case, is to go with the full package for the 4/3 deal for everyone and save your non-expiring tickets for another trip, with price increases that will save you some on a future trip.

So everyone would have 4/3 rooms 7 day tickets and dining plan.

If what indigoxtreme said is true (that everybody will be staying in the same cabin), then you're all on the same reservation and everybody must have the same options on the package. But I thought you were implying that some folks will be at FW and others will be elsewhere - ??

David

So my parents can get the full 7day myw passes,add PH and the dining plan and my dw,dd,myself get a 1 day myw pass and add dining to our old PHpasses?

This may be worth looking into for your group. You could stay at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge which is 'next to' Ft. Wilderness.

Here is a link to DVC Rental FAQs
And the DVC rent/trade board (Be sure to read the stickies).

Best of luck. :wizard:

Here's another idea...

Rent points from a DVC owner (you won't be able to stay at FW or make use of the 4/3 deal.) I don't know how hard it would be to get a 2BR unit.

You can use your non expired tickets AND add the dining plan.

Just an idea.

The post above gives good advice about using the 4/3 plan however!

Best of luck!

KJ

So my parents can get the full 7day myw passes,add PH and the dining plan and my dw,dd,myself get a 1 day myw pass and add dining to our old PHpasses?

You can have separate arrangements from your parents only if they're staying in a different resort reservation than you are. If you're all going to be in the same FW cabin, then no. I'm sorry if I misunderstood your situation.

If you are under separate reservations, then yes -- you can get just a 1 day pass for each person on your reservation, and your parents, staying in a different room, can get 7 day myw passes, add PH, etc.

If you do this, the dining plan is NOT added to your park tickets. It is added to your KTTW card, which is the same as your room key. What you'll have to be sure to do is use your OLD non-expire tickets to enter the theme parks each day, so you don't accidentally use up that 1 day pass. You may be able to have that pass pulled off the KTTW cards; I'm not sure if this is possible.

David

Why not just get two rooms at one of the value resorts? Then everyone would have their own reservations. You could get your own room with one day tickets and the dining plan. Your parents can get a different room with 7 day tickets and the dining plan. Getting two rooms is the only way it will work.

Or you could stay in the cabins. Get one day passes and the dining plan for everyone. Then when you get to your first park your parents can upgrade ONLY their tickets. I think that would work best for you. You don't have to upgrade everyone's tickets.

The dining plan is part of a Walt Disney Travel Co package. The 7/4 are Magic Your Way packages (with Dining as an option). A MYW package requires MYW tickets for everyone on the res.
Everyone on the same res (same room/cabin) would have to have the same as they are on the same package.
Each person can have a one day ticket on the res. And then if they choose they can upgrade their ticket(s) while at WDW.
As mentioned you could just not use your card (which would have your MYW ticket attached) to enter a park. I believe it is guest services who could remove the one day ticket from your card so you could have your ticket separate if you wish. Either way you will have a card to save for future use -- whether it be your room card with a one day ticket, or a one day ticket alone.

I don't think so. But what you may be able to do and I'm sure someone knows for sure is book a package for all of you for the 4/3 deal with dining and a one day base pass. Then after you check in have your parent's upgrade their tickets to 7 day/park hopping passes, meanwhile you save your 1 day base pass for another trip. I think that is allowed.

I don't think so. But what you may be able to do and I'm sure someone knows for sure is book a package for all of you for the 4/3 deal with dining and a one day base pass. Then after you check in have your parent's upgrade their tickets to 7 day/park hopping passes, meanwhile you save your 1 day base pass for another trip. I think that is allowed.

This answer is the winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter