Here's my plan...what do you think?

amym303

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone
I'm pretty new to this board, but all of your information has been very valuable in planning my trip...Thank You!!

I'll get to my itinerary, but my big question is am I crazy to go to WDW with no dinner reservations? My husband and I really want to "wing it" and not be tied down by reservations. I would like to try some of the decent restaurants, but we were thinking of heading there for lunches...are we nuts?

DH has never been to WDW, and I haven't been in 15 years, so I'll take any and all advice!
Dec. 17-24 at Coronado Springs
MVMCP on Dec. 17
Gospel Brunch on Dec. 20 (don't have tickets yet...)
Magical express transportation both ways.

Thanks!
Amy

Hi Everyone
I'm pretty new to this board, but all of your information has been very valuable in planning my trip...Thank You!!

I'll get to my itinerary, but my big question is am I crazy to go to WDW with no dinner reservations? My husband and I really want to "wing it" and not be tied down by reservations. I would like to try some of the decent restaurants, but we were thinking of heading there for lunches...are we nuts?

DH has never been to WDW, and I haven't been in 15 years, so I'll take any and all advice!
Dec. 17-24 at Coronado Springs
MVMCP on Dec. 17
Gospel Brunch on Dec. 20 (don't have tickets yet...)
Magical express transportation both ways.

Thanks!
Amy

First, :welcome: to the Dis. Second, we've stayed at the CSR eight times...it is our "home away from home" and we hope you enjoy it half as much as we do.

If you want to eat at some of the "decent" restaurants, I would at least attempt to make a couple of ADR's or you may be out of luck. You are going at a very busy time and, although we've never been at Christmas, if it is anything like free dining, you are going to find it very difficult to get a walk up reservation.

Me and my dh did WDW last Nov. with no ADR's.
We pretty much just winged, and when we wanted to eat somewhere, we usually got in.
For some reason it is easy for 2 to get in, than a larger family.
I'll take that back, we did have an ADR at The Plaza one evening and our first nite, we had an ADR for The Poly at O'hana's, because we met our dd and we had an ADR for 9:00 p.m. But otherwise we had no problem finding somewhere to eat. We both ate somewhere big for lunch, and kept it light for supper. I think our longest wait, was we went to the pizza window on the boardwalk Spoodles and it took almost an hour.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and made some lunch reservations so that we can relax a little mid-day, but I think we are still going to wing it for most of the day. There is no free dining, so it can't be that hard to find something to eat

The countdown is going fast, and I can't wait to get there! :yay:

I think you may be fine, however I've never gone the week of Christmas before. In my experience since it's only hubby and I, we typically can get in with a short wait.

Advice I was given from a freqent WDW visitor was to save the DINE number on my cell phone, go to the park for the day, and mid morning think of where you may want to go for lunch and call to see if you can get a reservation. This has worked great for us!

As long as you are willing to be flexible and maybe do a few table service meals for lunch I think you will have a great time.

I have heard Christmas is very busy though so those few places you booked so far are a good idea.

:wizard:

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter