Here We Go! Fantasy September 18, 2021

Is there a pirate night on this cruise? And if so any idea what night it might be?
For the four night Dream restart I think it was the third night. Or at least that's what I got from the Theme Park Express you tube series.

I think the rotation of dining goes 1, 2,2, 3 so you're in the same restaurant two nights in a row, the second being pirate night, or buccaneer bash which is what they're calling it. No deck party, and fire works are on a different night.

I found the Theme Park Express vlogs or whatever they're called (sorry, I'm old I don't know these things) very helpful.

And more good news, Oldest Son's Safe Passage issue was straightened out. I got an email saying our cleared to sail and embarkation were updated, and when I checked, we all had the beautiful green checkmark.

For the four night Dream restart I think it was the third night. Or at least that's what I got from the Theme Park Express you tube series.

I think the rotation of dining goes 1, 2,2, 3 so you're in the same restaurant two nights in a row, the second being pirate night, or buccaneer bash which is what they're calling it. No deck party, and fire works are on a different night.

I found the Theme Park Express vlogs or whatever they're called (sorry, I'm old I don't know these things) very helpful.
Thank you!! I guess I booked the right night for Remy then. Although we will miss pirate night which will make Dudette 2 Heanne very unhappy 🤣

We just cancelled Remy because we decided we would rather drink our $125.00. I can now get dressed up for Pirate Night! Two week count down until the cruise. Ten day count down to Disney.

We just cancelled Remy because we decided we would rather drink our $125.00. I can now get dressed up for Pirate Night! Two week count down until the cruise. Ten day count down to Disney.
He's set on Remy, but your plan sounds better to me.

Have you ever done the sort of covid test they're giving at the port? Our oldest daughter is a nurse and she's had a ton of them, but I'm a little anxious about sticking something up my nose like that. Now that everyone has to do them that day, ugh, it adds a new level of anxiety.

Onboard the Disney Dream right now for our 1st leg of our B2B2Bpause one day 2B (Fantasy). The terminal is absolutely empty. No lines like pre-pandemic. Waited in a pretty empty terminal for 15-20 mins and then they started calling boarding numbers. Boarding number 3 was called about 3 mins after family of the day, B1 and B2. This was the easiest and least stressful embarkation ever. See y'all on the 18th.

Onboard the Disney Dream right now for our 1st leg of our B2B2Bpause one day 2B (Fantasy). The terminal is absolutely empty. No lines like pre-pandemic. Waited in a pretty empty terminal for 15-20 mins and then they started calling boarding numbers. Boarding number 3 was called about 3 mins after family of the day, B1 and B2. This was the easiest and least stressful embarkation ever. See y'all on the 18th.
Sounds great, in a way. Less crowds, yay, but it will be strange. Have a great time and we'll see you.

Maybe we should think of a meet up. Right now, I'm sitting 30 some miles outside Yosemite, helping our oldest daughter move from her last posting at Marine base Twentynine Palms to her new place in Bremerton, WA. I'm too tired to think about anything. Long drive.

He's set on Remy, but your plan sounds better to me.

Have you ever done the sort of covid test they're giving at the port? Our oldest daughter is a nurse and she's had a ton of them, but I'm a little anxious about sticking something up my nose like that. Now that everyone has to do them that day, ugh, it adds a new level of anxiety.
It’s not so bad. I’ve had it done. Looks worse than it feels. My concern is that they are doing the rapid antigen test not a PCR. There are a lot of false positives and negatives with that test. And they are not running a PCR if + rapid. You just can’t cruise period.

QUESTION: when do we get our luggage tags? They used to be sent with the documents. We leave for WDW in less than a week.

I’m curious about the number of children on board.

It’s not so bad. I’ve had it done. Looks worse than it feels. My concern is that they are doing the rapid antigen test not a PCR. There are a lot of false positives and negatives with that test. And they are not running a PCR if + rapid. You just can’t cruise period.
It is a rapid PCR test at the port.

Oh good!!!
I agree. I think I read that if it comes back positive, either they retest the same sample, or do another sample/test.

I did go look for the paragraph that says the test at home is the first of two PCR test for the 11- crowd, but can't find it now. So, I could be mistaken, but I know I read that on the Disney site at one point.

I still can't find it on the web site, but I did find where I had posted it in a thread on Facebook:
Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding. This will be the second of two COVID-19 PCR tests required for Guests 11 years of age and under. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results, including those in their travel party, will be denied boarding.

Last edited:
QUESTION: when do we get our luggage tags? They used to be sent with the documents. We leave for WDW in less than a week.
DCL vendor is sending them 14 days out. We never received ours since our B2B2B2B started on Sept 3rd. We are in process of docking right now and ready to start our sept 10th cruise. DCL told us, not to worry about the luggage tags, the porters have extras and will make luggae tags on the spot when you drop off your luggage. When I asked the porter , he even pulled out the white luggage tags to show me that they got us covered. So no worries. See you soon.

I’m curious about the number of children on board.
There are definitely children onboard but not nearly as many as you usually see. The adult areas are pretty crowded on the sea days as are the family areas with the kids. I have seen a LOT less kids on this cruise than on all of our previous cruises. I do not know the actual number though. Passenger count is between 1300-1600 guests.

There are definitely children onboard but not nearly as many as you usually see. The adult areas are pretty crowded on the sea days as are the family areas with the kids. I have seen a LOT less kids on this cruise than on all of our previous cruises. I do not know the actual number though. Passenger count is between 1300-1600 guests.

it will be nice knowing the vaccination status of everyone on board. I live in a county where only 25% of the population is vaccinated and people have rarely worn masks. Now, if I can make it through the next week without testing + next Saturday I will relax. 🤣. I don’t worry about getting it at this point. I worry about a positive test. 🤣🤣🤣

it will be nice knowing the vaccination status of everyone on board. I live in a county where only 25% of the population is vaccinated and people have rarely worn masks. Now, if I can make it through the next week without testing + next Saturday I will relax. 🤣. I don’t worry about getting it at this point. I worry about a positive test. 🤣🤣🤣
Same. And oldest daughter and I are traveling-- moving her from her last posting to her new job.

Happy Monday! We decided in Friday to add ourselves to the cruise. I wanted to be on there first cruise out, but my hubby was recovering from neck surgery. My last cruise was January 2020. I left the Wonder on a stretcher after breaking my ankle leaving the boat so I need a do over! I can’t wait for the small crowds and to see the CM’s again. It will be myself my hubby and my DS-21. We have missed cruising and are ready to be out of the water again. I’ll be tootling around in a purple wheel chair. I’m still not up for long walks so I’ll be pushing the chair some and riding mostly. Please say hi!
I’m ready to have boat fun - trivia and bingo. Planning at the last minute is pretty freeing. I was able to get everything we like but Palo brunch. I’m willing to roll the dice onboard. I have been lucky in the past to get Palo.
I hope everyone makes it onboard without incident. For me the Covid testing is always scary after traveling. But is nice to know everyone is vaccinated on board but the kids. We’ll see you real soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter