here was your standard room at Pop Century?

nw2this

Earning My Ears
If you've had one of the lowest priced rooms at Pop, where was the location (floor, decade, view, etc)?

Not interested paid upgrades, but I'd love to know what you got if you got a free upgrade.

Also, please direct me if there is already a thread about this, I did search first but didn't find much.

Thanks.

no upgrade. our first room at Pop in 2011 was by the computer pool, in the 80s. It felt far.

Our last trip, we got in the 60s, very close to the main pool, garden view. Super convenient and we loved it.

I've stayed at Pop five times. First four were in the 50's building and last time was in the 90's. I definitely prefer the 50's building even though we were technically further from the food court, etc. I've never received an upgrade of any kind at Disney, so can't help you there.

We were once in the 50s and once in the 80s, actually preferred the 80s as we were able to cut through the parking lot to the busses way quicker and easier than walking through the whole resort!

We were in the 50's in January. First floor standard room. We were right around the corner from the bowling pin pool. It was quiet. I have absolutely no complaints.

We stayed in a standard room at Pop this year, 50's section, in room 2261. It was a corner room, which was nice and quiet, by the lake, and not far from the 50's pool. But it was just about as far as it could be from the main building. We rarely utilized our refillable mugs, just because it was such a hike... after all that walking at the parks, we hated trekking around the resort. Probably did not help that we went in the heat of August, either, and Pop has very little shade.

Next time I hope to stay at Coronado Springs for just a few hundred more dollars, but if for financial reasons, we have to stay value... I would choose Pop again (fun resort!) but would DEFINITELY pay that tiny bit more for Preferred!

I don't like a long walk to the pool, food court, or laundry so we always request a preferred, no matter what value we stay at. We have stayed at Pop twice, and will probably stay here again if a discount opens up that is not offered at AofA (where we are booked right now). We were in the 60's building each time with a lake view. Although we really did not see the lake because of trees it was a great location. We were close to everything and the room was very quiet because it was on the opposite side of the pool. It was also close to the bridge across to AofA where we ate a couple times. If you have not stayed here before I hope you will enjoy your stay as much as we did. It is such a lovely resort with a great food court and lots of activities.

If you've had one of the lowest priced rooms at Pop, where was the location (floor, decade, view, etc)?

Not interested paid upgrades, but I'd love to know what you got if you got a free upgrade.

Also, please direct me if there is already a thread about this, I did search first but didn't find much.

Thanks.

The only building at Pop Century we haven't stayed at is the 90's (and I think I'll request that next time). We had a preferred room once because back then, it was smoking versus non-smoking and they ran out of non-smoking standard rooms so we got a preferred non-smoking room at no charge.

I have never had any problem with accessing any of Pop Century from any of the standard rooms. My husband's complaint is sometimes it's a long walk from the parking lot to unload. That's been the biggest challenge for us but that's just two times we have to deal with it so these days, I don't really even request anything anymore.

We were in the 60's for our standard view room which then had a view of the old "The Legendary Years" resort which is now called Art of Animation. We were upgraded once to the 70's but a Preferred Room is only a closer room location to the main lobby. NOT worth the price of the upgrade IMO as it's only a 2 minute walk more from the furthest building away from Classic Hall.

In addition, stay AWAY from the pool unless you don't mind noise at night. Even though quiet hours start at 11pm, there's usually a few that are out there making noise past that time. When going Value, I always request a room furthest away from the pool, even if it's an upgrade to a "Preferred" room.

We just returned from Pop stayed in Building 3 Room 3332, 50s section with a quiet lakeview! It was AWESOME :))

We stayed in the 80's section in 2011. We were in a ground floor, HA room (not by request, it was all they had left with a King bed). We liked our location - it was close to the pool, and the walk to Classic Hall was pretty easy. We were not upgraded - we had requested a King bed on our original reservation.

Can I just add also how CLEAN our room was? Mousekeeping was great, food court was great, I have no complaints whatsoever. We're planning to stay at POP again in 2014. ::yes::

On our first trip we were in the 90's building, and second trip the 60's. I much more preferred the 60's because we were closer to the main pool and lobby/food court. It was just me and my 4 year old so I appreciated the 1st floor as well. I am not sure if I paid extra because it was a last minute trip but it was worth it if I did.

I was in the 60's, top floor a couple of weeks ago. I really liked that room. Easy walk to Classic Hall and to the parking lot.

It helped that I didn't have any neighbors so it was nice and quiet. I booked a standard room but I think my room was actually a preferred one so I got an upgrade I think.

I learned on my first Pop stay that I definitely don't ever want a first floor room again. Too noisy between the neighbors and the people above me.

When staying at Pop, I will always request top floor now.

I stay at the values from 3-5 times each year. If possible, I request a top floor room NOT overlooking a pool, as those tend to be more quiet, but it is not something I obsess over. One time in 8 years of multiple trips I've gotten an upgrade to a preferred room.

I had problems with one room, one time. There was a leak under the sink that had saturated the carpet. I noticed it at check in and was quickly moved to a different room.

My fave resort is ASMusic. I love the theming and as it tends to attratc more seniors & honeymooners on a budget, it tends to be more quiet. I think I have been in every section that was not preferred.

Pop, I have been in 50's 3x and 60's 1x. I did have a preferred room there once as my traveling companion wanted such. LOVE the lakeview rooms at Pop.

Movies is where I was upgraded to a preferred room. I have only stayed there 3x. I have to say that I find the theming here to be The Best!

Sports I've stayed in at least 5x, the most recent in August. The landscaping here is lush and impressive.

Unlike CBR and POR, I've not stayed in any room at any value (except AoA) that I felt was a hike to the food court, buses, etc. Maybe 7 min tops from the time I walked out the door???

Last week, our standard room was in the 60s. We stayed just around the corner from the Hippy Dippy pool, immediately behind Mogli and Baloo, on the ground floor. It seemed like a long walk to the room/parking lot since we are used to hotels where you park almost in front of your door. But, it was actually a good location to walk through the shop/food court and to your car.

The only bad part was that it smelled terrible walking next to the plants to and from the room...almost like sour milk or something. We couldn't figure it out.

Just got back yesterday - I have stayed at POP 4 times - 3 times in the 50's building 2 - once on the bottom floor back corner view of lake and pool, once on the 3 floor view of parking lot (through trees) and once on the 4 floor parking lot view (through trees).

Also stayed in the 70's - I prefer the 50's - it just seemed like a shorter walk to the food court and definitely a shorter walk to the parking lot - since I had a car all 4 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter