Here today 11/17

dskib

DIS Veteran
First Day here. MK Crowds non-existent. MBs flawless so far. Have already used app to switch 2 FPs+. Wifi fast.

I have to say, if it stays like this, I'm all for the new system. It was a bit of a headache setting it up (as we all know) but I LOVE that since the lines were so short we went on my headliners early, and I could switch my FP to a different ride without running across the park. It's pretty awesome.

Well, as you said....lines are non existent.

It's easy to love FP when you can easily switch your FP to a different attraction. It's harder to love it when it's busy and you can only switch SM to Stitch :rotfl:

Enjoy your trip! :thumbsup2

I just have to believe those against this never had problems getting traditional fastpasses but see we did. In fact we hardly ever got them at all. During peak times, Fastpasses for headliners could easily be gone in a hour or so.

Rushing to the gate at opening, running to main attractions, and then doing what :confused3 while you wait for your time is no fun at all to us.

I would much rather be at a nice breakfast, have some pool time and show up for my Fastpass for Space Mt. at a certain time and know I can ride. I also love being able to decide if I want to go early or later and not be forced into that every day just get to get a Fastpass.

Obviously many others felt the same way.

Rushing to the gate at opening, running to main attractions, and then doing what :confused3 while you wait for your time is no fun at all to us.

You go on the main attractions while you wait for your FP time. You go on other attractions without FP, you get more FP, you grab some food, you relax and people watch, you explore the shops, etc....There is/was so much for my family to do while waiting for our FP return time.

I do get that some families do not like to rush to parks early in the morning though. :goodvibes

I'm always surprised when people say how difficult it was when legacy fastpasses were the only ones available. It always seemed so easy!

Maybe this system will be just as easy once fully implemented. Time will tell.

First Day here. MK Crowds non-existent. MBs flawless so far. Have already used app to switch 2 FPs+. Wifi fast. I have to say, if it stays like this, I'm all for the new system. It was a bit of a headache setting it up (as we all know) but I LOVE that since the lines were so short we went on my headliners early, and I could switch my FP to a different ride without running across the park. It's pretty awesome.

Totally agree MB are great. we have been here since Wednesday and I have also switched FP times arounds with out any trouble. MVMCP for us tonight looking forward to it.

Sitting in Liberty Tree as I write this. Crowds are pretty good. Buzz was a 20 minute wait, but we were on in 5. Did some SotMK, and going to get the special MVMCP cards tonight (they gave me a bunch of 2012 ones, too).

First gorgeous day, too. Absolutely beautiful.

Looks like low crowds in all the parks today. Worth noting for future trips.

First Day here. MK Crowds non-existent. MBs flawless so far. Have already used app to switch 2 FPs+. Wifi fast.

I have to say, if it stays like this, I'm all for the new system. It was a bit of a headache setting it up (as we all know) but I LOVE that since the lines were so short we went on my headliners early, and I could switch my FP to a different ride without running across the park. It's pretty awesome.

I think this sounds great. Fastpass+ in non peak times should always be this good. I cant think of a possible drawback or negative situation under these conditions.

I just have to believe those against this never had problems getting traditional fastpasses but see we did. In fact we hardly ever got them at all. During peak times, Fastpasses for headliners could easily be gone in a hour or so.

I would much rather be at a nice breakfast, have some pool time and show up for my Fastpass for Space Mt. at a certain time and know I can ride. I also love being able to decide if I want to go early or later and not be forced into that every day just get to get a Fastpass.

Obviously many others felt the same way.

Yup...like me! :wave2:

Great to hear! I think once this is fully rolled out it will be a positive thing. Of course there are snags during testing that is to be expected.

Looks like low crowds in all the parks today. Worth noting for future trips.

We were there last year the full week before Thanksgiving and it was so quiet it was almost eerie. :thumbsup2

I am reserving judgement on the whole FP+ thing, because I have always been very successful with FP- and I do have my touring style. I can see it really transforming the way I vacation at WDW once the bugs are worked out (sleeping in on HS day, unconcerned about TSM FP, etc, etc!). We shall see!

Great to hear! I think once this is fully rolled out it will be a positive thing. Of course there are snags during testing that is to be expected.

I am not sure it will ever be good though during the peak times. Once grabbing fastpasses moves getting them at park or while you are there to fighting for them online a month or two in advance, I think it loses its luster.

But as others have said, maybe nobody will ever figure out the online booking, and the fastpass scramble will never materialize. That would be great for everybody except Disney, who fully expects to completely prebook rides months in advance.

This could be a two headed beast depending on travel dates.

So the crowds picked up a little, but still nothing with more than a 20 min wait.

Wifi continued to be great all day. The Be Our Guest FP is outstanding. We must have walked past 200 people and sat right down.

I was a BIG fan of FP- and made my touring plan accordingly. I thought I'd hate this. I love this. For the first time in years, my hubby didn't exhaust himself running for FPs throughout the day.

Only problem was that I kept messing with my phone and lost a lot of battery. My fault. And it would be nice to have an extra FP+ or 2.

We have been here since Thursday. Agree that crowds have been pretty low. Also no issues with MBs. My only gripe with MB/FP+ is all the hold ups we have encountered... Line at DHS to buy a beer took over 15 minutes because of how long it took to scan bands, etc. I've witnessed a lot of others with band issues, scanning issues, etc. just seemed to be easier when you could hand over a paper fast pass and keep it moving. Took 25 minutes to be let into FP location for Illuminations the other night because the wireless band readers were only working intermittently.

Yesterday we checked in and almost none of our bands would open our doors at OKW. We had three different trips to the front desk before they all would work. Went to Hollywood Studios this morning. Not terribly crowded but probably more so than what I'm seeing in previous posts. 9 of 10 bands worked to enter. It took us over an hour and they couldn't fix the faulty band so it would work. They gave us extra fast passes to compensate and then when we went to use them only some of our bands would work with them. RNRC got shut down during our fast pass time so they told us to pick another ride or later time. Three of us tried our best to reschedule but never could...only got error messages. One wasn't even able to sign into his account. For us, this band thing isn't working well at all. Today was pretty much a bust for us. Hope the rest of our trip goes better.

We leave in 2 days and we picked this week due to the low crowd levels. Most will start coming the week of Thanksgiving and that's when it gets crowded. Then the first 2 1/2 - 3 weeks in December are quiet; first of the month it's not too bad and then Pop Warner starts. Then they leave and there's a lull a week before Christmas. Once that week hits BAM! you're in full riot gear mode...i'd hate to be there this week - plus the cost of any resort seems like it triples in price so the last 2 weeks in December is a time we'll never go. :headache:

Sitting in Liberty Tree as I write this. Crowds are pretty good. Buzz was a 20 minute wait, but we were on in 5. Did some SotMK, and going to get the special MVMCP cards tonight (they gave me a bunch of 2012 ones, too).

First gorgeous day, too. Absolutely beautiful.

They gave you 2012 MVMCP sorcerer cards? Cool!!! Wonder if they'll have any left when I go with my DD 12/10. I think the special SotMK card is the #1 reason she wants to go to the party.:rotfl:

What did you have at LTT? We have a lunch ADR our party day too. Can't wait for the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter