• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here Now

Goofy_Girl

My Scottish Fold owns me!
DD16 and I just got to the World today :cheer2: A few things we experienced. The line for Be My Guest was huge and we were told it was an hour wait from where we stood.( we were lined up around the corner and down the wall) We decided to be brave and stay. It paid off since we got inside in 20 minutes. So if you're told an hour don't let it scare you lol They also had all three rooms open, we ate in the west wing/rose room. The theming was awesome, the food was just okay. We have Dinner ressies tomorrow so we shall see how the dinner food is.
The first ride we picked was Little Mermaid. Up to this point we had never experienced blatant line cutting ( have been 4 times prior) I guess we were just lucky lol These two women literally shoved past us and ducked under the ropes cutting 20+ ppl off. I try not to let things like this bug me, but I was just shocked since I had never seen it before.:confused3
The crowds seemed heaviest in New Fantasy Land, but thinned out throughout MK and most rides we rode standby ended up being shorter wait times than posted.(the longest line we waited in was for Jasmine and Aladdin) We ended in O'Hanna and got there an hour early and figured we could just hang out. We ended up being seated 45 minutes ahead of our ressie and got a window seat just in time for fireworks.pixiedust: In all it was a great first day! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great first day! :goodvibes

My DD12 and I arrive in less than 3 weeks - can't wait!!:cool1: Keep sharing your updates so we can live vicariously for a bit...

VACamm said:
I cannot believe adults cut like that...how rude!!

yah.. i am somewhat split on this. on our last trip, i seemed to find our group moving quicker or not waiting for me (not sure how this happened so much this time) and them expecting me to cut in line up to them. while one part of me thinks its not a problem to catch up as i am one person and definitely would not push through... what actually happened was me entering normally and they would let everyone pass until i was with them. i even waited in the test track line for around 35minutes and my 6 year old had a sudden urge to go to the restroom. i took one for the team and made my way reverse through the line took her to do her business. i was texted by my group to meet them in the front as they were about to ride. i just let them go without me because i would have basically had to say "excuse me" a few hundred times as i made my way back to them. not really worth it. also, i would have probably ended up being a story on this message board as well .... "some rude guy and his daughter totally cut the line and ruined my trip, the nerve."

yah.. i am somewhat split on this. on our last trip, i seemed to find our group moving quicker or not waiting for me (not sure how this happened so much this time) and them expecting me to cut in line up to them. while one part of me thinks its not a problem to catch up as i am one person and definitely would not push through... what actually happened was me entering normally and they would let everyone pass until i was with them. i even waited in the test track line for around 35minutes and my 6 year old had a sudden urge to go to the restroom. i took one for the team and made my way reverse through the line took her to do her business. i was texted by my group to meet them in the front as they were about to ride. i just let them go without me because i would have basically had to say "excuse me" a few hundred times as i made my way back to them. not really worth it. also, i would have probably ended up being a story on this message board as well .... "some rude guy and his daughter totally cut the line and ruined my trip, the nerve."

:rotfl2:
I think that if you have to leave a line-up for a potty break and leave other family members behind, then people should be more understanding and you should be able to rejoin your party. Children put a wrench in many good plans and everyone should just go with it. Disney is the happiest place on earth after all!

However, blatant line skipping is not acceptable but how can you tell the difference? I choose to believe the best of people and perhaps the OP situation was "you guys go ahead and get in line, we gotta pee and we'll catch up with you, it's not like you're going anywhere fast!" IMHO that situation would be not so much rude as making the most of your time. Who knows?

Glad you had a great first day. Do tell us what you thought of BOG for dinner, we plan to go there and wonder what it'll be like.

Line cutting- never experienced it at WDW but if I did I would most certainly be annoyed. Although if someone just went to the bathroom or something, give them a break, that's fine! :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I always watch and if the people they catch up to aren't surprised to see them and they all start chatting etc... then I figure they are a family that got separated. Back when we would have the stroller, sometimes I would get in line with the older two and he would park the stroller and join us. It shouldn't have mattered to anyone in line, we were there before them and a man was joining his family. I am sure others may think we should all just stand and cool our heels while he parked the carriage but I had a child with high anxiety at the time. She would watch others enter the line and start getting all stressed out as in her mind the wait was jumping by ten minute increments with every person who entered.
If the stroller parking was right next to the ride, no big deal. But some of them are a bit further away and that is when we would split up

I always watch and if the people they catch up to aren't surprised to see them and they all start chatting etc... then I figure they are a family that got separated. Back when we would have the stroller, sometimes I would get in line with the older two and he would park the stroller and join us. It shouldn't have mattered to anyone in line, we were there before them and a man was joining his family. I am sure others may think we should all just stand and cool our heels while he parked the carriage but I had a child with high anxiety at the time. She would watch others enter the line and start getting all stressed out as in her mind the wait was jumping by ten minute increments with every person who entered.
If the stroller parking was right next to the ride, no big deal. But some of them are a bit further away and that is when we would split up

:thumbsup2 agreed

If you went with your husband to park the stroller, then walked to the queue as a family, then this wouldn't happen.

OP, I wish I was there with you right now!

As for line cutting, we had an experience in Maelstrom one day where 2 adults just cut to pretty much to the front of the line. Granted, Maelstrom isn't a headliner in the way of rides, but it was the first time we ever had waiting from outside to inside.

As they were walking through and bumping to get there, the woman explained that they had been at Soarin' and their party was waiting for them at the front. Imho, they should have waited outside for their party or their party should have waited for them.

An adult carrying a child to meet their party wouldn't disturb me at all since I know there could be a million reasons mom/dad had to leave with said child for a few minutes.

OP, Have a magical time. I hope to do a trip once with just my dd's. I would love to spend time with them in WDW.

Kelly

If you went with your husband to park the stroller, then walked to the queue as a family, then this wouldn't happen.

Once we got to know the parks better and would remember where the stroller parking was then we did do just that. But when it is your first time in years and your first time with a stroller, you don't know where it is. Instead you walk up to a ride, husband goes to park the stroller and realizes it is not right next to the ride. Rather than making more work for a CM and just leaving it, we do the right thing and husband brings it to the parking and then joins us. I really fail to see how this impacts anyone else since we did arrive at the ride before the people behind us. Now we know that in Tomorrowland we park the stroller, leave it and go from ride to ride without worrying about it (same with Adventureland, two that come to mind where it is often not near the attraction you want to ride)

I do recall one day when I was waiting in a long line for the Speedway. A girl about 11 came along and said she was joining her family. Of course I let her by. But then I noticed, she wasn't joining her family at all. She was riding solo and had cut the whole long line.

PKWallaby said:
Sounds like a great first day! :goodvibes

My DD12 and I arrive in less than 3 weeks - can't wait!!:cool1: Keep sharing your updates so we can live vicariously for a bit...

I plan on sharing more updates tonight after Be Our Guest dinner. Only update I have is that AK seemed pretty crowded today but nothing that can't be handled with fast passes and a plan of what you want to do. We left around 12 for lunch at the Mara and plan to go back tonight to see AK after dark since it closes at 8 today. =)

Hi OP! Hope you're still having a wonderful time! We went to Be Our Guest for lunch on Friday, 2/15 and lined up at about 10:30. We waited about 20 minutes as well before getting to order at the kiosks. We ate in the west wing/rose room as well. We found the food to be "okay" but loved the theming of the restaurant.
We found New Fantasyland to be extremely crowded as well. I think having the construction walls still up made the area feel too restrictive to us. Looking forward to experiencing the area once all of the construction is complete.
Keep the updates coming!

Hi OP! Hope you're still having a wonderful time! We went to Be Our Guest for lunch on Friday, 2/15 and lined up at about 10:30. We waited about 20 minutes as well before getting to order at the kiosks. We ate in the west wing/rose room as well. We found the food to be "okay" but loved the theming of the restaurant.
We found New Fantasyland to be extremely crowded as well. I think having the construction walls still up made the area feel too restrictive to us. Looking forward to experiencing the area once all of the construction is complete.
Keep the updates coming!

Thanks and we are :goodvibes I plan on updating tonight after Be Our Guest dinner. Also for anyone arriving today or tomorrow it is cold here right now. I don't think it would feel so cold if the wind wasn't blowing as much. its supposed to warm up Monday so we shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter